The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

ROM - '99 And Up

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

ROM - '99 And Up

Postby yung rom » Mar 31st, '14, 00:13

LOF: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=170436#p2617895
Link: https://theofficialrom.bandcamp.com/track/99-and-up

New track, did this entirely over the weekend. Pretty proud of the beat on this haha. Feedback would be appreciated as always.
Charlotte wrote:Talk about cringe please, check your own posts in ANY thread.
Charlotte wrote:yung rom living up to his sig
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Re: ROM - '99 And Up

Postby Mr.DGAF » Mar 31st, '14, 01:26

I'm really feeling this mane. The beat is very dope indeed, had a sort of carnival feel to it in a way. The flow was spot on the whole time, and ya lyrics are pretty entertaining. Your voice is different, but it's cool sounding. This is the only song I've heard from you so idk what your delivery is like on other types of songs but I thought it suited this one very well.

My only complaint would be to turn the vocals up just a pinch. Especially in the hook. I was really digging the melody, but the beat kinda overpowers your voice.

This is very dope though my dude, good work.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby yung rom » Mar 31st, '14, 01:42

Mr.DGAF wrote:I'm really feeling this mane. The beat is very dope indeed, had a sort of carnival feel to it in a way. The flow was spot on the whole time, and ya lyrics are pretty entertaining. Your voice is different, but it's cool sounding. This is the only song I've heard from you so idk what your delivery is like on other types of songs but I thought it suited this one very well.

My only complaint would be to turn the vocals up just a pinch. Especially in the hook. I was really digging the melody, but the beat kinda overpowers your voice.

This is very dope though my dude, good work.

Yea I see what you're saying. Actually, my compressor malfunctioned and I think the first chorus ended up being softer than the second, so that might be more of a technical thing (for the chorus at least). Thanks for the feedback!
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheVipBro » Mar 31st, '14, 03:46

Yeah, Just turn up the vocals/voice a bit, oh and you sound a lot like cryptic wisdom
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Postby sinceremusictsmtsg » Mar 31st, '14, 09:03

Ya same thing id have to say, Turn Vocals up and also in the hook, This track i actually liked, And im hard to impress lol Your delivery is perfect and you recorded it perfect if you did cut's i cant hear them, Seems nice and smooth, Multies were defiantly well put together and very lyrical, YES i no, Im not being corny and NO ONE likes to hear this lol but im being honest, and for a second,.. I thought i was listening to Eminem, not saying your as good as him, im saying your voice actually sounded like his when he was young, infinite album lol maybe its just me or you need to turn vocals up ! But ya all together good track well constructed brotha, add me on facebook lets get connected fam - im new on this so im not sure if im allowed to do this but w.e i read the rules dont think im breaching by networking.
https://www.facebook.com/SincereWeagant
sinceremusictsmtsg
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Eedee » Apr 1st, '14, 06:57

You are definitely improving from Ambivalence (I still listen to that sometimes on my iPod).

The only thing you need to work on is mixing. Leveling the volume. That's really important. You seem to have an affinity for having low vocals and low master volume, it seems like. Just need to get the volume levels down as well as necessary effects on the sounds and you're good to go. :y:
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby MistaVijilantee » Apr 1st, '14, 09:47

This beat is lethal, I've been fucking around with FL Studio a bit so I can make myself beats but to no avail so much.
I get distracted quite easily, haha.
Either way, your delivery is quite solid, the mixing is a bit odd, like the beat and vocals are turned down - you might of addressed this - cool topic, cool song :y:
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yung rom » Apr 1st, '14, 12:04

Eedee wrote:You are definitely improving from Ambivalence (I still listen to that sometimes on my iPod).

The only thing you need to work on is mixing. Leveling the volume. That's really important. You seem to have an affinity for having low vocals and low master volume, it seems like. Just need to get the volume levels down as well as necessary effects on the sounds and you're good to go. :y:

Yea, I've found it really hard to change the vocal level to the what's good. Usually, it'll sound fine and the overall volume will be really loud, but as soon as I export, it gets extremely soft. When I export without compressing, it just sounds horrible with crazy distortion all over. In fact, what you're heading isn't even the export, I managed to add a few decibels without distortion using Audacity haha. But yea, I really need to find a way to work around that because that's always been a problem for me
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Apr 1st, '14, 12:11

Hmmm, yeah... Audacity isn't the best of audio programs

Do you have LAME mp3 encoder installed?
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby yung rom » Apr 1st, '14, 12:25

Eedee wrote:Hmmm, yeah... Audacity isn't the best of audio programs

I'm not sure I even know what that is haha. I'm on my way to school now but when I get home I'll try to get back to you on that
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Apr 1st, '14, 14:43

EminemStanatic wrote:

I'm not sure I even know what that is haha. I'm on my way to school now but when I get home I'll try to get back to you on that

http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

Download the demo for this. It's a really easy to use program (and it's just as effective as Pro Tools, but more user friendly, IMO). It comes with some very good stock effects like EQ, Compression, Gates, etc. Everything you need to make your vocals the bomb come with this demo. It's for 60 days with full functions. Try it out. It's what I use. :y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby yung rom » Apr 1st, '14, 20:30

Eedee wrote:
EminemStanatic wrote:

http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

Download the demo for this. It's a really easy to use program (and it's just as effective as Pro Tools, but more user friendly, IMO). It comes with some very good stock effects like EQ, Compression, Gates, etc. Everything you need to make your vocals the bomb come with this demo. It's for 60 days with full functions. Try it out. It's what I use. :y:

Does it take AU plugins because my mic came with some professional Compression, EQ, and Gating stuff that I wouldn't want to give in. I'm not even sure it's that I'm a technical disadvantage, it's probably that I just don't know what I'm doing when I'm using them haha.
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Apr 1st, '14, 20:54

Ah, so you use a Mac.

I use the Windows version, but I'm sure if you're using the Mac version "Preferences" > "Plug-Ins" should have an option to set your AU plugin folder path.

I gotta go run some errands, but let me know if you have any trouble (or if you need some pointers for actually using the plug-ins) and I'll help you out. :y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby yung rom » Apr 1st, '14, 23:52

sinceremusictsmtsg wrote:Ya same thing id have to say, Turn Vocals up and also in the hook, This track i actually liked, And im hard to impress lol Your delivery is perfect and you recorded it perfect if you did cut's i cant hear them, Seems nice and smooth, Multies were defiantly well put together and very lyrical, YES i no, Im not being corny and NO ONE likes to hear this lol but im being honest, and for a second,.. I thought i was listening to Eminem, not saying your as good as him, im saying your voice actually sounded like his when he was young, infinite album lol maybe its just me or you need to turn vocals up ! But ya all together good track well constructed brotha, add me on facebook lets get connected fam - im new on this so im not sure if im allowed to do this but w.e i read the rules dont think im breaching by networking.
https://www.facebook.com/SincereWeagant

I don't really use facebook but I'll keep an eye out for you bro
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Audio Stage