The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Atone The Underdog - Like Father, Like Son

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Atone The Underdog - Like Father, Like Son

Postby Atone » Jun 10th, '14, 04:56

Song from "Dream Catcher" speaking on me and my Father,

http://www.reverbnation.com/atonetheund ... d-by-khyng

Link of Feed: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=171599&p=2688131#p2688131
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Atone The Underdog - Like Father, Like Son

Postby Vettori » Jun 24th, '14, 02:13

Interesting, A little too expressive Imo

The quality makes it hard to enjoy. I like that you wrote with a specific concept in mind. But you sound like a prisoner on the beat. You didn't mesh with it that good. Keep writing & thinking :)
Vettori
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Atone » Jun 24th, '14, 15:03

Vettori wrote:Interesting, A little too expressive Imo

The quality makes it hard to enjoy. I like that you wrote with a specific concept in mind. But you sound like a prisoner on the beat. You didn't mesh with it that good. Keep writing & thinking :)

Alot of times i don't like to make songs regarding family, for years i've wanted to do a song for my little sister, much like this one, but, at the same time, don't want to make that kind of song because other people won't understand it.

The reason i made this song for my father is because, after my mom left us, me and him had a convo about when i was younger, all of his fears about me, not loving him the same if i ever found out the truth about who my real father was, his fears about me hating him, when in fact, i knew the truth about my real father since i was in middle school because of a little family researxch project the school had us do, and while googling my family info i came across the police report about my real father....errr, well, the guy who's name is on my birth certficate, he may or may not be my real father, my mother liked to get around alot and since i refuse to even speak to my mother, i will never know the truth there.

But the guy i live with and now take care of, i consider my real father because he was there for me, took care of me, and raised me like a real father should, he could of walked away, i'm not his responsibility, but, he stuck around, raised me, loved me, gave me all the great things i have in life, i made this song because it's hard for me to sit in person and express my thoughts to people, and easier for me to say it all in a song.

And because i have this, crazy weird feeling that i won't live to be an old man, i mean, i always have these fears i am going to die young, i just don't see myself living past the age of 40, i figured, if i do die before he does, he will at least have my music collection, and he will have this one song to himself, to know that i appreciated everything he has done for me.
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Vettori » Jun 24th, '14, 23:14

You sound a lot like me in some ways.
Vettori
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Audio Stage