The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

ROM - Freshmen Suck

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Re: ROM - Freshmen Suck

Postby Mr.DGAF » Jun 21st, '14, 21:07

The bridge is siiiiick dude. Haha, the rest of the song is pretty good as well, the hook is catchy and shit. I really like your voice, you remind me a bit of 'The Joker', that guy that did the Hopsin diss tracks a while back. Sometimes I couldn't hear you all that well, but I don't think that was you slurring or anything, so idk. Definitely a cool track to kick back to and vibe with, you've got a really distinct sound and it suits you well.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby MistaVijilantee » Jun 22nd, '14, 02:50

Vocals are a bit distorted - was that intentional? - because it works quite well for some reason.
I've got freshman suck thing stuck in my head now, thx alot m8.
It was cool how you bended the rhymes here: '‘Cause if I’m making a single and calling it “freshmen suck”
It’s gotta be true enough, or else it is offensive' - I could hear some Eminem influence?
The layering is dank as a motherfucker in the bridge, end bit.
Swiggity swooty.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yung rom » Jun 22nd, '14, 14:54

Blogs McGooch wrote:Just got around to listening to the song and it's way better than I expected. :y: Good stuff man. Your rhyming and content was dope and the flow was pretty smooth. Nice beat and cool hook too. Mad props bro :y:

Haha thank you so much!
Mr.DGAF wrote:The bridge is siiiiick dude. Haha, the rest of the song is pretty good as well, the hook is catchy and shit. I really like your voice, you remind me a bit of 'The Joker', that guy that did the Hopsin diss tracks a while back. Sometimes I couldn't hear you all that well, but I don't think that was you slurring or anything, so idk. Definitely a cool track to kick back to and vibe with, you've got a really distinct sound and it suits you well.

Thanks man. And yeah, I've heard a lot of the Jokerr, got a couple of his albums last year. I think the hearing thing is part of the delivery, as I originally intended this to be mixed down with two other layers. Once I deleted them (because it made the words a lot less clear) I didn't have time to re-record because I was sick and needed to release this before my classes ended. I might re-record another time though haha, we'll see.
MistaVijilantee wrote:Vocals are a bit distorted - was that intentional? - because it works quite well for some reason.
I've got freshman suck thing stuck in my head now, thx alot m8.
It was cool how you bended the rhymes here: '‘Cause if I’m making a single and calling it “freshmen suck”
It’s gotta be true enough, or else it is offensive' - I could hear some Eminem influence?
The layering is dank as a motherfucker in the bridge, end bit.
Swiggity swooty.

Vocals might be a bit distorted because I cranked the volume past the limited export volume because it was too quiet, so there's a bit of distortion crackly stuff at some points. And yeah, totally some Eminem influence, I'm on an Eminem forum after all haha. My dad liked the bridge too.

Thank you everyone for the feedback! :happy:
Charlotte wrote:Talk about cringe please, check your own posts in ANY thread.
Charlotte wrote:yung rom living up to his sig
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Jun 23rd, '14, 23:11

Damn fucking awesome! Love that ur making new shit again! If u can edit soundcloud and make it have a download. I want this song! haha
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yung rom » Jun 24th, '14, 00:41

Brainless wrote:Damn fucking awesome! Love that ur making new shit again! If u can edit soundcloud and make it have a download. I want this song! haha

haha thank you!! Btw, I don't think I'm gonna put the download on that because it's from my album which I want to be downloaded as a whole.
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Vettori » Jun 24th, '14, 02:09

I certainly enjoyed it a lot, Highly entertaining. What's great is you experiment with your voice a lot, Breaking through that barrier is important, you can manipulate an entire language in rhyme. Work on the vocal sound quality
It's super inexpensive to get a decent sounding studio setup. Keep having fun like this.

If you get a chance, check out my latest song posted in the audio section
Vettori
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yung rom » Jun 24th, '14, 02:34

Vettori wrote:I certainly enjoyed it a lot, Highly entertaining. What's great is you experiment with your voice a lot, Breaking through that barrier is important, you can manipulate an entire language in rhyme. Work on the vocal sound quality
It's super inexpensive to get a decent sounding studio setup. Keep having fun like this.

If you get a chance, check out my latest song posted in the audio section

Thank you man, and not only did I check out your song, I checked out some old stuff of yours on soundcloud. You're mad dope man! Guess I forgot to give some feedback on here though haha, mb mb. I was hoping we could try to get you on the TR album but I didn't know if you'd be down for something like that
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Jun 24th, '14, 02:45

_ROM_ wrote:
Brainless wrote:Damn fucking awesome! Love that ur making new shit again! If u can edit soundcloud and make it have a download. I want this song! haha

haha thank you!! Btw, I don't think I'm gonna put the download on that because it's from my album which I want to be downloaded as a whole.

K. Got a date for your album?
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yung rom » Jun 24th, '14, 03:30

Brainless wrote:
_ROM_ wrote:

K. Got a date for your album?

Not yet haha. Hopefully before the end of summer but that's not looking too realistic
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kez » Jun 26th, '14, 03:45

You're very good for your age.

I actually really liked this. You sound a bit too much like Em I aint gonna lie you really do sound like him, but I can live with it. I actually got more into this song the more I listened to it, normally I get bored with feeding songs and zone out by verse three.

This is really good. The multis are great. You are really good for your age. Really. The music I used to make at age 15 is much worse than this is. Very entertaining song. Chorus catchy and the ad-libs genuinely funny.

If you worked on sounding less like Em then I wouldn't be able to fault you for much at all here.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby shadyblogger » Jun 26th, '14, 03:59

Kez wrote:You're very good for your age.

I actually really liked this. You sound a bit too much like Em I aint gonna lie you really do sound like him, but I can live with it. I actually got more into this song the more I listened to it, normally I get bored with feeding songs and zone out by verse three.

This is really good. The multis are great. You are really good for your age. Really. The music I used to make at age 15 is much worse than this is. Very entertaining song. Chorus catchy and the ad-libs genuinely funny.

If you worked on sounding less like Em then I wouldn't be able to fault you for much at all here.

I completely agree
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby yung rom » Jun 26th, '14, 05:54

Kez wrote:You're very good for your age.

I'm with you on that, and that is definitely something I need to work on.
Thanks for the feedback! :y:
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yung rom » Jul 3rd, '14, 10:37

Basedshady wrote:The song got quality, brother.

I was not this passionate about anything when I was your age nor am I now, really. Surprises me the drive some people have to get shit done especially in a hobby sense like this.

The mixing is a little iffy though, I'd say. But it sounds pretty good and is well put together and your singing is not bad either.

As far as comparing you to any of the other hundreds of nameless Youtube rappers you are one of the better ones, at least you seem to have some work ethic in ya.

Oh damn, never saw this.. Thanks based my brutha :y: I'm actually working on mixing and starting to sort of get into reaper, future stuff will hopefully be an improvement.
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Trimss » Jul 4th, '14, 00:23

Snakebeast wrote:You're better than a lot of adult rappers I've heard. This is absolutely fantastic. Looking forward to the next song, whatever it may be.

Fuck yeah. Great hook, and great structure. I mean you can make a song, something most MC's struggle to do. Great job man.

Very catchy and shit. And you're young as fuck. I can see the potential. :b:
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Excita » Jul 4th, '14, 00:39

Whew, this was amazing brah. :crying:
Excita
Soldier