The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Vice - "Doubt"

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Vice - "Doubt"

Postby Vice » Oct 20th, '14, 04:42

I know I came completely out of no where so I want to shed some light on my situation as a writer.

For those wondering, the mixtape that I made was thematic. It's based on me leaving home to attend medical school in a different country, and whether or not I was ever going to be able to write music again. It holds substantial meaning in my life, and it blows my mind when I think about how much time has passed since I released "Until Next Time," and "The Maze." I'm not sure why, but "Fragile" was removed off of YouTube.

Anyway, I'd be happy to post the full tape if I get a solid following for it. It's complete and ready to be heard.

School went great for my first term, and when I came home for the summer I decided to see if I still had any writing talent. I was worried that by leaving music behind for my true career I would lose the ability that I worked so hard to attain. I actually expressed this doubt in Until Next Time when I said things like:

It's like I'm going to battle,
Don't know if I'll be the same when I'm home as an adult,
Yeah I'm ready, but don't want you left alone in the shadows,
My thoughts will be like a poem in shackles
I wonder if we'll be the way we were when I get back
Turn up and get wacked, burn up a ten sack

If you really listen closely, Until Next Time is not actually about a girl at all (as I'm sure most of you assumed :P ). That's all I'm going to say about that, as I'd rather you figure it out for yourself. This goes for all of my music.

So I'm posting today because when I finally did make it home after my first term, I wanted to see if I "still got it" and came up with an unfinished track that I've always wanted some feedback on. So here it is, enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQS4_JFVSc
Vice
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: Vice - "Doubt"

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 20th, '14, 22:43

I agree with wiz tbh. I really love ur shit brotha. Wish youd be around more
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Eedee » Oct 21st, '14, 12:36

This shit was fire man. Definitely lookin' forward to the tape. :y:
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Vice » Oct 21st, '14, 15:45

It's not that I don't want to post here more often.. I just have no time. School is a major sacrifice. I leave my home behind for months at a time and work 14+ hours a day staring at books. It's not easy and it leaves no room for most of the things I want to do.

I intend to put together some artwork and release the tape here. I haven't been withholding it on purpose, I've always wanted it to be heard.. it's just a matter of finalizing a bit of artwork to represent it and upload it. Sorry about that guys, I'm glad you like this track though.
Vice
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Jaba » Oct 24th, '14, 22:19

I'd like to hear this. Your really good.
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Audio Stage