The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Redemption EP

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

The Redemption EP

Postby Jaba » Nov 10th, '14, 23:40

Cover -

An EP of what I have been recording. This is just random songs/verses I wanted to put out before my LP (coming in a few months) to show I have improved and to take me seriously. Only 3 verses on here are ghost written, on my LP their will be 0 songs ghost written. The only song off this that will be on the LP is "Redemption" but on their it will feature Elision.

Credit:
Intro (Produced/mixed/written by Jaba)
Madness In Harmony (Produced by Python, mixed/written by Jaba)
Alpha Male (Produced/Written by Python, mixed/co-written by Jaba)
Back To The Rhyme (Mixed/co-written by Python, Written by Jaba)
Comatose (Produced/Written by Python, MIxed by Jaba)
Alone (Remix) (Produced by Python, Written/Mixed by Jaba)
Redemption (Solo Version) (Produced/Written/Mixed by Jaba)
Outro (Produced/mixed/written by Jaba)

Also to myself for the album artwork.

THANKS!

Link to EP - https://soundcloud.com/jaba2/sets/the-redemption-ep

LOF: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=174652&p=2833903#p2833903
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Re: The Redemption EP

Postby Atone » Nov 10th, '14, 23:44

I'll probably check it out,
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SarkingMajor » Nov 10th, '14, 23:53

I'll check it out tomorrow

Eminem wrote:Sarking Major is 11/10 signing him to Shady records in 2015

True Wiz wrote:Damn, SarkingMajor can out rap half of you TR rappers :whew:

I'd work on your delivery a little though. Your flow was amazing in some parts man :y:

You could be the new Luna C in a few years

MattyB is GOAT anybody who says otherwise is just a dumb hater
SarkingMajor
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Jaba » Nov 10th, '14, 23:56

Thanks both Sark and Atone for checking this out. I know ive given you both a lot of shit you dont deserve.
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yung rom » Nov 11th, '14, 00:04

Big improvement from Trapped. Good self-awareness on the intro especially (and throughout the album), though it's hard for me to acknowledge bc I don't know what lines exactly Python was writing and which ones you did. I agree with what others have been saying though; you really need to work on your personality and voice on the mic. Regardless of technical skill, that's what differentiates the greatest rappers from other figures who focus strictly on the pattern (flow, rhymes, etc.). That's not in any way saying to disregard those things however, you just need to find the perfect equilibrium between.

Beats are extremely good, but they do lack a certain degree of mixing that is certainly hard to attain (yours and his included). The one song you produced (Redemption) is cool but it gets a little hectic with all the drums (plus that's like the only thing). And the end is a little unsettling.

The "Alpha Male" track was a little odd because I think I remember hearing a version where the vocals weren't quite so drowned out and that made the track hard to listen to for me. Odd that you released "Back To The Rhyme" first, considering I see that as the weakest track on the project. Madness In Harmony and Comatose are easily the best songs.

Overall, this was better, but you clearly still can improve (you certainly did between this and the Trapped project). Hope the LP is even better.
Charlotte wrote:Talk about cringe please, check your own posts in ANY thread.
Charlotte wrote:yung rom living up to his sig
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Nov 11th, '14, 00:12

yung rom wrote:Big improvement from Trapped. Good self-awareness on the intro especially (and throughout the album), though it's hard for me to acknowledge bc I don't know what lines exactly Python was writing and which ones you did. I agree with what others have been saying though; you really need to work on your personality and voice on the mic. Regardless of technical skill, that's what differentiates the greatest rappers from other figures who focus strictly on the pattern (flow, rhymes, etc.). That's not in any way saying to disregard those things however, you just need to find the perfect equilibrium between.

Beats are extremely good, but they do lack a certain degree of mixing that is certainly hard to attain (yours and his included). The one song you produced (Redemption) is cool but it gets a little hectic with all the drums (plus that's like the only thing). And the end is a little unsettling.

The "Alpha Male" track was a little odd because I think I remember hearing a version where the vocals weren't quite so drowned out and that made the track hard to listen to for me. Odd that you released "Back To The Rhyme" first, considering I see that as the weakest track on the project. Madness In Harmony and Comatose are easily the best songs.

Overall, this was better, but you clearly still can improve (you certainly did between this and the Trapped project). Hope the LP is even better.
Thanks man. If you look at the tracklist on OP it shows which ones Pyth did.

(Pyth wrote, Comatose, Alpha Male, and 2nd verse of Back to the Rhyme. The rest was ALL ME).
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SarkingMajor » Nov 11th, '14, 00:24

Jaba wrote:
yung rom wrote:Big improvement from Trapped. Good self-awareness on the intro especially (and throughout the album), though it's hard for me to acknowledge bc I don't know what lines exactly Python was writing and which ones you did. I agree with what others have been saying though; you really need to work on your personality and voice on the mic. Regardless of technical skill, that's what differentiates the greatest rappers from other figures who focus strictly on the pattern (flow, rhymes, etc.). That's not in any way saying to disregard those things however, you just need to find the perfect equilibrium between.

Thanks man. If you look at the tracklist on OP it shows which ones Pyth did.

(Pyth wrote, Comatose, Alpha Male, and 2nd verse of Back to the Rhyme. The rest was ALL ME).

Really? I just listened to Madness In Harmony (will do the rest tomorrow) and I thought it wasn't you, if you wrote it that's a big step up from before

I'd work on your delivery a little though. Your flow was amazing in some parts man :y:

SarkingMajor
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Jaba » Nov 11th, '14, 00:31

Sark yeah I wrote Madness in Harmony. I wrote what I said I wrote and pyth wrote what i said he wrote.
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SarkingMajor » Nov 11th, '14, 00:40

Jaba wrote:Sark yeah I wrote Madness in Harmony. I wrote what I said I wrote and pyth wrote what i said he wrote.

Yeah ik I do believe you, I meant it as a compliment saying that it's a lot better than your previous work, which if why I originally thought it's ghostwritten but then i looked at the tracklist.

SarkingMajor
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Jaba » Nov 11th, '14, 01:11

SarkingMajor wrote:
Jaba wrote:Sark yeah I wrote Madness in Harmony. I wrote what I said I wrote and pyth wrote what i said he wrote.

Yeah ik I do believe you, I meant it as a compliment saying that it's a lot better than your previous work, which if why I originally thought it's ghostwritten but then i looked at the tracklist.

lol

I know. Thanks man :y:
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Nov 11th, '14, 01:12

If its not too much to ask for. For those who have listened to the whole EP, rank the songs from best to worst so I know what songs/flows I should stay away from doing and too just help me figure out what people like.
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 11th, '14, 01:22

will get around to it

can we dl in one click? idw dl each seperate breh
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Jaba » Nov 11th, '14, 01:30

DetroitSkills wrote:will get around to it

can we dl in one click? idw dl each seperate breh

idk, tbh not really experienced with Soundcloud. I was gonna upload to bandcamp but i like to be able to see how many plays/DLs i get and i would have had to convert each file to a wav or some shit. U dont have to DL, just get soundcloud on ur phone or computer and listen to the playlist. If you want to DL, I think yeah u gotta do each song... Sorry and thanks for checking it out sooner or later. :y:
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheVipBro » Nov 11th, '14, 01:30

Reminds me of qhen people thought eminems 3 post comeback was gonna be called redemption, btw this is ur third ep/album right?

Anyways i'll give this a listen later
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Nov 12th, '14, 21:28

TheVipBro wrote:Reminds me of qhen people thought eminems 3 post comeback was gonna be called redemption, btw this is ur third ep/album right?

Anyways i'll give this a listen later

Thanks. And nah its my second :y:
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Audio Stage