The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

D12 Will Show "A Little More Maturity" With Next Album

Threads on the subject of the rap group D12 to be posted here.

D12 Will Show "A Little More Maturity" With Next Album

Postby Amaranthine » Feb 3rd, '12, 02:48

Eminem’s crew will ditch its comical rhymes for “a little more maturity” when the rap group begins its first Australian tour in eight years this month, according to a member.

D12’s Swifty McVay, real name Ondre Moore, told the Independent the group was back and ready to shake up Geelong with new tracks and old favorites.

“We’re more than a party group,” McVay declared. “We have a lot of substance, so we’re going to bring a little more maturity this time.

“We’ve always offered an honest approach and never portrayed ourselves as something we’re not. That’s why people have given us longevity, why they’ve clung to us. We’re not divas.”

D12, an acronym for The Dirty Dozen, hales from Detroit, Michigan.

The group formed in 1996 before achieving international success on the back of Eminem’s rise to fame.

The group scored top 10 hits in Australia including Purple Pills and My Band. But McVay said the road to fame had been rocky.

D12 lost original members Bugz in 1999 and founding member Proof in 2006 to gunshot wounds.

McVay also spent time in jail after failing to appear in court to instead stand as pallbearer at Proof’s funeral.

Talking to the Independent from his Gold Coast hotel room, McVay said the experiences helped shape D12’s raps as raw and truthful in contrast to the commercial theme of much other American music.

“As far as tragedy goes, you never really get over things like that you tend to just move on and become a bit desensitised a bit but that’s Detroit.

“Everything is a learning experience, people change but all the things we go through just make us who we are. Coming up through the years in this game we know people like vulnerability, we offer that.”

McVay declared D12 “as strong as ever” despite the various misfortunes and departure of Eminem for a solo career across this tour.

Kuniva, Maestro and Dj Don Q would join McVay on the tour, he said.

“We’re still standing because that’s what we’re bred to do. We ain’t going anywhere.”

D12 plays Geelong’s Bended Elbow on February 5.

Source
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: D12 Will Show "A Little More Maturity" With Next Album

Postby UofLCard » Feb 4th, '12, 02:15

I'm realy interested in what this will sound like, now.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Trimss » Feb 4th, '12, 17:47

The studio sessions are scheduled I think..

KunivaD12 KUNIVA
Can't want to get back to recording. #D12life #LostGold #D2012 my group is still unstoppable. That could be our mixtape/album title. Fuckit
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Kill You » Feb 4th, '12, 22:07

Hope they're actually not bullshitting about this...I also hope Em will actually play a big part in this.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Trimss » Feb 4th, '12, 22:32

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
Kill You wrote:Hope they're actually not bullshitting about this...I also hope Em will actually play a big part in this.

Didn't they already say that Eminem wasn't gonna be as big in this album? I mean I really wanna hear Em & Kon back with them but still. I doubt they'll be big in D12's new album (outside of maybe production or whatever)

They actually said the opposite.
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Amaranthine » Feb 4th, '12, 23:12

I'm still trying to find stuff that specifically addresses how involved Em will be with the new album, but all I've found so far is this from May 2009:

"What's the situation for Eminem, is he still in the crew or is he playing more of a background role these days?"

Swift: "Hell yeah, he's got the same role."

"Is he on the album?"

Swift: "Oh yeah, he's on production, he just gave us a gang of beats and stuff, so yeah, he's always doing production, that's one of his main passions besides rapping is producing, so with D12 he gets to showcase a lot of his production, so we got a lot of production from him..."

Kuniva: "And he's in his zone, you know, I mean we always gonna be in the zone and doing stuff together, it's just now it's come to a point where we just gotta...he's doing his thing and we're doing our thing, then we come together doing our thing together."
You should read this.

Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby SG. » Feb 4th, '12, 23:40

InsaneTRex94 wrote:I'm getting a bit irritated actually, it really looks like Eminem cares more about Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse than D12. I know it's probably because of the buzz shit but really? He could at least give some updates.

Well, he did say he was in the studio with them during BME interviews.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby Kill You » Feb 5th, '12, 00:35

Em better be on at least half the songs on the album. D12 honestly isn't as interesting without him.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby SG. » Feb 5th, '12, 00:37

Kill You wrote:Em better be on at least half the songs on the album. D12 honestly isn't as interesting without him.

But what about Good Die Young?! If they are being truthful and are actually going to be more mature, surely that song is the benchmark. And it doesn't have Em.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby Kill You » Feb 5th, '12, 00:43

Zabe wrote:
Kill You wrote:Em better be on at least half the songs on the album. D12 honestly isn't as interesting without him.

But what about Good Die Young?! If they are being truthful and are actually going to be more mature, surely that song is the benchmark. And it doesn't have Em.

It's a good song and everything, but D12 songs with Em are usually better than the ones without him...I'm sorry, I'm just being honest when I say that I'm not as interested if Em isn't involved...I still like D12 and everything but it's not something I would still be spinning in a year because Em isn't on but a small handful of songs. D12 by themselves are alright, but not great.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Amaranthine » Feb 5th, '12, 00:51

Honestly, I like their solo stuff better than their D12 stuff...especially Kuniva and Swifty. And I agree that generally, songs with Em involved [whether it's with rapping or production] are better than the ones without him.
You should read this.

Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Clarky » Feb 5th, '12, 02:13

Proper lost interest in this D12 album coming out, been put off for so long and Em doesn't seem to have hardly any input in it which to be honest is the only reason that's gonna make it any good. Hope I'm wrong though.
Clarky
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby JAGODA » Feb 5th, '12, 09:02

Kuniva still says Em is a part of the group, so I believe he'll be on the album. :y:
JAGODA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Trimss » Feb 5th, '12, 13:44

I personally lost interest in a D12 album and I don't know if I want to see one again.
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby 2PointOBoy » Feb 5th, '12, 13:46

:shifty:
They say the good die young... Proof, YOU'RE NEVER OVER.

A lot of the links/pics I've posted in the last year or so, if they're dead, there is a probability that I have archived it on Archive.today.

If you need to reach me for any reason, message me on Hip Hop Shelter.
2PointOBoy
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Dirty Dozen