The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

d12 > slaughterhouse

Threads on the subject of the rap group D12 to be posted here.

d12 > slaughterhouse

Postby tadpole25 » Sep 5th, '12, 02:11

I think individually, any member of Slaughterhouse would top any D12 member (except maybe Proof). But I'd rather listen to Devil's Night than WTOH. Because D12 beats are simpler, so the focus is on the lyrics and the humor. WTOH is too beat focused.
"I take yall diss as endearment - I love it when I hear it
Maybe words offensive - free speech I don't fear it
Maybe music can take us to a place so atmospheric
Beyond our greatest imagination, illuminatin' experience
If we open our ears and close our inhibitions, it's clear"
- Tadpole
tadpole25
Soldier
Soldier

Re: d12 > slaughterhouse

Postby ImANoob » Sep 5th, '12, 02:30

tadpole25 wrote:I think individually, any member of Slaughterhouse would top any D12 member (except maybe Proof). But I'd rather listen to Devil's Night than WTOH. Because D12 beats are simpler, so the focus is on the lyrics and the humor. WTOH is too beat focused.

devils night>WTOH but slaughterhouse>d12

RIP TRShady. July 6, 2012 - February 6, 2014
ImANoob
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Nick419 » Sep 5th, '12, 05:12

I think d12 is better at song structure and choosing beats that fit their particular sound. Like i could hear a beat and say this sounds like a d12 beat. where as slaughterhouse i don't feel as if they have a particular sound....lyrically slaughterhouse shits on d12 tho
RIP Big proof~Broken hearted, my soul's like a open target
And I'm ready to leave Earth
You step to my death next year on my T-shirt
Nick419
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Nick419 » Sep 5th, '12, 05:15

Also i feel as if the Bass brothers were a great part of the shady team as far as developing em and d12's sound and could create music that best suited them. I really wish they didnt stop working together....sorry for the double post btw
RIP Big proof~Broken hearted, my soul's like a open target
And I'm ready to leave Earth
You step to my death next year on my T-shirt
Nick419
Role Model
Role Model

Postby 12characters » Sep 5th, '12, 05:45

Geno wrote:They don't have concepts

Slaughterhouse's main problem tbh.

I mean they have them, but they're extremely limited and the worst part is that they don't have to be.

I also think people are selling D12 short lyrically. Although, I guess in their prime as a group they weren't as lyrical as they are now. :-k
Slaughterhouse >> D12 doe. :y:
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby tadpole25 » Sep 5th, '12, 06:16

yeah, d12 is better at choosing instrumentals that flatter their rap style.

with slaughterhouse, eminem chose really complex and involved beats, to the point where slaughterhouse couldn't rap to the best of their ability because there would be too much going on.

d12 has the cohesion, and an overall theme about their music. slaughterhouse is not the sum of its parts.
"I take yall diss as endearment - I love it when I hear it
Maybe words offensive - free speech I don't fear it
Maybe music can take us to a place so atmospheric
Beyond our greatest imagination, illuminatin' experience
If we open our ears and close our inhibitions, it's clear"
- Tadpole
tadpole25
Soldier
Soldier

Postby 12characters » Sep 5th, '12, 06:18

tadpole25 wrote:yeah, d12 is better at choosing instrumentals that flatter their rap style.

with slaughterhouse, eminem chose really complex and involved beats, to the point where slaughterhouse couldn't rap to the best of their ability because there would be too much going on.

d12 has the cohesion, and an overall theme about their music. slaughterhouse is not the sum of its parts.

I see what you're saying :-k

I don't think it's beats though, I think it's concepts.
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby infinite2hts » Sep 8th, '12, 10:26

slaughterhouse has NO chemistry at all. Every song sounds like a collaboration of 4 different emcees rather than a group. Whereas D12 has excellent chemistry and their style is so much similar. Part of it is maybe cuz all are from Detroit and long time friends. Slaughter House on other hand has rappers from east, west, mid west and hav a significantly varying sound and style.
lyrically Slaughterhouse is better doe. but that is it.
infinite2hts
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Sam. » Sep 8th, '12, 22:47

Another D12 thread *shrug. No hate, doe. I would still love an Album from this fucks.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Man In The Mirror » Sep 11th, '12, 22:32

I prefer D12's song because they all have their charm in the group. Slaughterhouse is just four ill MCs that spits bars. No chemistry at all. And the beats on Devil's Night is awesome. SH is better lyriclly tho but D12 is more my taste.
Man In The Mirror
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby psu24 » Sep 12th, '12, 11:49

I still gotta go with Slaughterhouse, yeah they had a lot of pop sounding beats on WTOH but there are some concept songs as well, plus I thought their first album was even better. Although Devils Night>>Any Slaughter album. As far as D12 as a whole though they really only ever went as far as Swifty carried them.
psu24
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby mattthegod » Sep 12th, '12, 22:16

I love Devil's Night its an incredible album. However On The House the mixtape is better than anything D12 has done to me. That being said I love both groups. And in my opinion Royce would demolish Proof in a battle if he was still alive.
mattthegod
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby mdemaz » Sep 12th, '12, 23:52

Let's face it, D12's prime is over, sadly.
SH is as close as we are gonna get now.

Devil's Night will still be a G.O.A.T. to me; I have a bond with that album because I grew up with it and watched it blow up and become a phenomenon.

It really showed me what rap was all about when kids would crowd around tables rapping Purple Hills.

SH on the other hand still brings some good things to the table.
Even though it's 2012 and a lot of shit has been said and done, I still find listening to SH enjoyable.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Sep 13th, '12, 00:34

I think you all are selling SH a bit short in the chemistry department. I mean, they're in the studio with each other recording, writing together and whatnot. It's not like they each write a verse and don't listen to the other's beforehand or anything. I'm sure they bounce ideas off each other and shit.

SH has better rhymes and lyrics. D12 has the songs. With that said, D12 as a group, SH individually are dope. I love SH though more, but I gotta give props to D12, for sure.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Blu » Sep 13th, '12, 00:36

infinite2hts wrote:slaughterhouse has NO chemistry at all. Every song sounds like a collaboration of 4 different emcees rather than a group. Whereas D12 has excellent chemistry and their style is so much similar. Part of it is maybe cuz all are from Detroit and long time friends. Slaughter House on other hand has rappers from east, west, mid west and hav a significantly varying sound and style.
lyrically Slaughterhouse is better doe. but that is it.

But is that really a good thing? Would you enjoy listening to a group where each member sounds like one another? It's good to have some variety here and there, which is why I prefer Slaughterhouse, mainly Joell.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Next

Return to Dirty Dozen