The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

d12 > slaughterhouse

Threads on the subject of the rap group D12 to be posted here.

Re: d12 > slaughterhouse

Postby Eedee » Sep 13th, '12, 00:38

Blu wrote:
infinite2hts wrote:slaughterhouse has NO chemistry at all. Every song sounds like a collaboration of 4 different emcees rather than a group. Whereas D12 has excellent chemistry and their style is so much similar. Part of it is maybe cuz all are from Detroit and long time friends. Slaughter House on other hand has rappers from east, west, mid west and hav a significantly varying sound and style.
lyrically Slaughterhouse is better doe. but that is it.

But is that really a good thing? Would you enjoy listening to a group where each member sounds like one another? It's good to have some variety here and there, which is why I prefer Slaughterhouse, mainly Joell.

I've bumped WT:OH more than I've bumped Devil's Night, tbh. Not saying DN is a bad album, but I just prefer WT:OH more. Crooked and Joell are just... so amazing to listen to.

DN has Em on it, so... haha. Jeesh, I dunno.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Tornado » Sep 13th, '12, 03:02

TBH Slaughterhouse's first album felt more cohesive and structured as a group than WTOH. Felt like i was listening to random collaboration album. Lyrical ability is one thing, making songs is a whole other thing entirely
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Coast2Coast » Sep 17th, '12, 12:29

D12 mainly due to Eminem's Artitic talent be it rapping, producing, hooks on their 2 albums and Proofs rapping ability have made way better music than Slaughterhouse actually have a classic with Devil's Night. Slaughterhouse problem is they can't make good song's
Coast2Coast
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Dirty Dozen