The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Kuniva on Battling, Meek Mill

Threads on the subject of the rap group D12 to be posted here.

Kuniva on Battling, Meek Mill

Postby Amaranthine » Nov 17th, '12, 07:53

The rap battle scene is back. It's already back. Shout-out to the homie Smack and the URL movement. They're killing it. Shout-out to my home boy Smack. He's putting the battle scene to the forefront and that's good because it's what we came from. We came from the battle scene.

Pretty much everyone in D12 battled each other at one point. There's the infamous YouTube battle with me and Eminem. He totally got me out of the water. I think I won all the way until he started rapping.

Maybe the last couple of bars he really got me but I tihnk I won. F*ck that, I want my rematch! I want to rematch Em, come to the studio, I want my rematch.

But yeah, we come from that era so I think it's a good thing. With that whole Meek Mill thing, he just better know what he's doing because once you get into that ring, it's so personal nowadays. You gotta really, really be on your A-game.

Meek is like one of my favorite emcees right now but you really got to get down and dirty because these cats will do a whole project. They'll do a whole background research on you, "Your social security number is...!" I'm like d*mn, where'd they find that out at?

They go in on there, they go in. But that's a good thing that battle rap is really coming back. I'm just happy that it's getting so much more recognition than it has in the last past year.

Source
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Dirty Dozen