The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Is d12 really dead?

Threads on the subject of the rap group D12 to be posted here.

Re: Is d12 really dead?

Postby AbramIsaac » Jul 5th, '13, 00:18

guiltyhiphop wrote:
tadpole25 wrote:i doubt it. i think they'll come back, but mainly after eminem is done with his other projects

i highly suspect the reason why bizzy and porter quit was because of eminem's lack of involvement

The easiest way to explain why they won't form is relating them to Nirvana, When Kurt killed himself they didn't continue (they tried) but it just didn't feel right, so they split and dave grohl made the Foo Firghters... now how does this relate to D12? When Proof died the spark of D12 died along with him, they tried to form on the Return mixtapes but they decided to do their own thing.

That's not a bad comparison, but it's flawed. Nirvana couldn't have continued without Kurt Cobain, as he was the front man. He was the face of Nirvana, and the guy that actually sang and wrote the songs. While Proof may have been an important part of D12, perhaps even the spark, they could definitely continue without him and not drastically alter what they do, since everyone else did the same thing as him.

Of course, the skill levels and things of that nature vary between the members, but D12 without Proof is still D12. Different, perhaps. But the personality of the group isn't altered in the way that losing a lead singer in a 3 person band would be, because the group is defined just as much by the other members, since they are all the face and voice of D12.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby J_Baggie » Jul 7th, '13, 17:03

I think that although bizarre left, he would 100% be up for reuniting with D12. He thought he might be able to do alright on his own but to be quite honest, he's massive flop. All the celeb bashing was his way of trying to get recognition through shock value. He's just hungry (lol pardon the fat joke) for attention

so I'm hoping bizarre comes back and the rest of D12 (eminem and fuzz included) started hitting the studio, I bet Mr porter could easily be persuaded to also come back

Based on this I believe we may hear D12 on a track together again. Possible even a mixtape
#DirtyDozen #TeamBudden
J_Baggie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Arrinef » Jul 8th, '13, 02:36

guiltyhiphop wrote:
J_Baggie wrote:I think that although bizarre left, he would 100% be up for reuniting with D12. He thought he might be able to do alright on his own but to be quite honest, he's massive flop. All the celeb bashing was his way of trying to get recognition through shock value. He's just hungry (lol pardon the fat joke) for attention

so I'm hoping bizarre comes back and the rest of D12 (eminem and fuzz included) started hitting the studio, I bet Mr porter could easily be persuaded to also come back

Based on this I believe we may hear D12 on a track together again. Possible even a mixtape

Bizarre really adds nothing to D12, he has no flow and has a huge speech impediment... but I would like to see a D12 reunion tape/album/EP with em on the majority of the mixtape just one more time :'(

someday, maybe postmortem eminem

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Francesco » Jul 9th, '13, 14:14

I still think they could come with something eventually... hopefully they will too.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Emadyville » Jul 10th, '13, 04:10

Francesco wrote:I still think they could come with something eventually... hopefully they will too.

I hate to disagree but...ems career is almost over and you know the label will focus on his solo career from here on out
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Despicable » Jul 14th, '13, 11:18

Yes.
Cry babies,maybe my way that i use words is loose
but you turds better be careful how you choose yours
Cause feelings scar,but egos bruise worse
And the truth hurts,shit no wonder youre sore losers
Despicable
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby J_Baggie » Jul 29th, '13, 23:22

Go follow @D12promoters on Twitter. They're trying to get D12 to rise to fame again
#DirtyDozen #TeamBudden
J_Baggie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby J_Baggie » Jul 30th, '13, 01:41

guiltyhiphop wrote:
J_Baggie wrote:Go follow @D12promoters on Twitter. They're trying to get D12 to rise to fame again

You know that profile isn't real/official at all right?

Yeah I know it's just a fan run Twitter but we should still support their movement. Every little helps right lol? I'm so desperate for New D12. But I doubt there will be
#DirtyDozen #TeamBudden
J_Baggie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby J_Baggie » Jul 30th, '13, 12:26

guiltyhiphop wrote:I'd want D12 back if Bizarre didn't return, I can't describe how much I hate him.

As much as I agree with you there, D12 just wouldn't feel right without bizarre
#DirtyDozen #TeamBudden
J_Baggie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby UofLCard » Jul 30th, '13, 17:29

J_Baggie wrote:
guiltyhiphop wrote:I'd want D12 back if Bizarre didn't return, I can't describe how much I hate him.

As much as I agree with you there, D12 just wouldn't feel right without bizarre

It already wouldn't feel the same without Proof.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby igorshady » Jul 30th, '13, 18:53

For me, it's dead, sorry, i just can't see 'em coming back all together and doing some dope stuff
"Forgive me for my desrespect, forgive me for lies" Biggie Smalls
igorshady
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby RayMcTechGuy » Aug 11th, '13, 19:39

I couldn't see an album, but I would love it.

I could see a feature on Em's album
"It's just me, you and the music now, Slim, I hope you hear it!"
RayMcTechGuy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Dirty Dozen