The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

production on Devil's Night (some of Em's finest production)

Threads on the subject of the rap group D12 to be posted here.

production on Devil's Night (some of Em's finest production)

Postby BlueberryWun » May 6th, '13, 01:59

Always felt that the production on this album was awesome. Eminem really bought his A game behind the boards on this. I think this is a top 3 best produced Em album.

MURDER, MURDER YOUNG G STRAPPED WITH HIS BURNER BURNER
BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Re: production on Devil's Night (some of Em's finest product

Postby Francesco » May 6th, '13, 09:37

I don't really care if that's his best work as producer but the beats were incredible indeed! :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby BlueberryWun » May 6th, '13, 16:53

I wouldn't say it's his best produced album overall but it defo put him on the map as a producer

BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » May 6th, '13, 16:57

the entire thing is just so raw and comical,brilliant album

Damn i miss D12
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby BlueberryWun » May 6th, '13, 19:45

D12>>>>>>Slaughterhouse and it's not even close. Slaughterhouse will never make an album anywhere near as ill as Devil's Night.

BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby the real slim shady » May 6th, '13, 20:21

Slaughterhouse will never make a better album but they have it in them to be a better group, especially if they put out a few more albums. All of slaughterhouse's solo stuff is dope too, which cant be said for D12.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby CanadaPure » May 6th, '13, 23:25

the real slim shady wrote:Slaughterhouse will never make a better album but they have it in them to be a better group, especially if they put out a few more albums. All of slaughterhouse's solo stuff is dope too, which cant be said for D12.

I find any of Kuniva or Swifts work to be more listenable than Ortiz or Crooked. I cant stand Ortiz or Crooked. And Proof was a better solo rapper than any of Slaughterhouse.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby Francesco » May 6th, '13, 23:50

Em is definitely underrated as a producer... some of his beats are outta this world.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Man In The Mirror » May 7th, '13, 07:56

I've always said that this is Eminems best album. His production and his verses are the best of all time. The other guys in D12 brings it to. This album is raw as fuck
Man In The Mirror
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby BlueberryWun » May 7th, '13, 17:02

Francesco wrote:Em is definitely underrated as a producer... some of his beats are outta this world.

Top 10

BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » May 31st, '13, 08:03

BlueberryWun wrote:D12>>>>>>Slaughterhouse and it's not even close. Slaughterhouse will never make an album anywhere near as ill as Devil's Night.

True... Our House is fucking garbage.

I once heard Em talking on Canibus' debut, back in 1999 aka right after it happened, and Em said he was disappointed and basically Wyclef tried to mold Canibus in to something he ain't...

Really Em? 13 years later and he did the same thing with SH...

Our House is Em's attempt at making them more Em clones; you got his shit all over it: chainsaws and his style of silliness and adlibs and shit they would probably never do... then you got fucking terrible production and corny broad pop hooks like "Get Up"... it totally wasn't them.

He did the exact thing he criticized. I wish he knew how to truly nurture artists and still let them be themselves, as he doesn't tbh. He's great at growing himself and working whatever he needs or wants to in to his own shit, but he tries to apply his own tactics to artists under him; if 50 wasn't a joint thing with Dre and wasn't already so ready to go, he may have done it to him too.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Francesco » May 31st, '13, 08:52

EminemBase wrote:True... Our House is fucking garbage.
I once heard Em talking on Canibus' debut, back in 1999 aka right after it happened, and Em said he was disappointed and basically Wyclef tried to mold Canibus in to something he ain't...
Really Em? 13 years later and he did the same thing with SH...
Our House is Em's attempt at making them more Em clones; you got his shit all over it: chainsaws and his style of silliness and adlibs and shit they would probably never do... then you got fucking terrible production and corny broad pop hooks like "Get Up"... it totally wasn't them.
He did the exact thing he criticized. I wish he knew how to truly nurture artists and still let them be themselves, as he doesn't tbh. He's great at growing himself and working whatever he needs or wants to in to his own shit, but he tries to apply his own tactics to artists under him; if 50 wasn't a joint thing with Dre and wasn't already so ready to go, he may have done it to him too.

I talked about that after they dropped the second & third single... it was like Shady's management put D12 on hold but let Slaughterhouse doing them instead which was totally neither of the groups & was way outta line.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby JAGODA » May 31st, '13, 11:52

Devil'sAdvocate wrote:the entire thing is just so raw and comical,brilliant album

Damn i miss D12
JAGODA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Francesco » Jun 2nd, '13, 23:23

JAGODA wrote:
Devil'sAdvocate wrote:the entire thing is just so raw and comical,brilliant album
Damn i miss D12

I feel bad for people who never got what D12 was all about as an act... that style made it easy for so many people to overlook this great album.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Return to Dirty Dozen