The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

If D12 were to reunite.....

Threads on the subject of the rap group D12 to be posted here.

Re: If D12 were to reunite.....

Postby Cinderella Stan » Oct 18th, '13, 18:28

I hope they would't add another member. They can add some unreleased Proof verses.
...as the world turns and I keep growing older
I'll be living this hip hop till hell freezes over...
Cinderella Stan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » Oct 19th, '13, 04:10

Doesn't Fuzz count?
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Francesco » Oct 19th, '13, 04:22

Menzo wrote:Yeah, I remember Dogmatic saying that. They could have at least put him on one song, even a bonus.
Then again, 2011 was a pretty shit time for Em verses (imo) so I'm kinda glad. I'm thinking now is better because Em's in a better rapping, comfort zone. Kuniva and Swift are always improving, Porter was whiny and has had two years to work solo, Bizarre has finally mentioned D12 again aside from "it's all love" and Fuzz is always decent.
Plus, it'd be like a repeat if they came out a year after MMLP2 like they did with MMLP. However, I don't think we'll see a D12 album before Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse (which is fine, they should take a good year to focus on it).

UofLCard wrote:Doesn't Fuzz count?

It's difficult enough for the group on Interscope right now... let alone new contractual issues. Nobody who's not part of the group legally as a part of the deal with Interscope will be added IMO. The easiest & the best thing they can do it to use Proof vocals. That would be insane & all fans will love it more than anything.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Francesco » Oct 19th, '13, 13:58

Nah TRex...Fuzz isn't part of the Insterscope deal even if them dudes count him as a member nowadays. That was my point actually... the group struggles enough right now, let alone if they had to fight contractual issues too. If the group was hot & if Em pushed for it then Interscope would sign even Soulja Boy & Bow Wow to the roster but this isn't the case nowadays.
They could always do Wu Tang's members by affiliation thing anyway though. That would be perfect IMO... If they added Proof vocal as an official member & then let anybody who ever was affiliated to the group have a verse on the album would be D12's ultimate album!
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Francesco » Oct 19th, '13, 15:55

Menzo wrote:I think Fuzz told T-Rex on Twitter that he was legally part of D12, no?

I personally don't believe that even though I understand why Fuzz have told that to TRex... it would have been officially announced for sure if the label signed him as a part of that deal. Like I said they could always do the Wu Tang's members by affiliation thing but honestly I don't think Em or even the others would replace Proof for anybody if it was for an official album 'cuz it might come kind of disrespectful. It'd be way better for the group & esp. for Proof's legacy if no new official members are added to the roster.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby mdemaz » Oct 20th, '13, 03:41

Devil's Night 2 would be dope.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Francesco » Oct 21st, '13, 01:03

mdemaz wrote:Devil's Night 2 would be dope.

At some point it would kind of make sense & be original to mirror the way Devil's Night followed TMMLP but at the same time it might come as cliche... plus Proof was heavily involved on the original so I don't know think they would be able to mirror that anyway. Anything will do for me anyway... :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Raul » Oct 21st, '13, 01:10

Aone10 wrote:I don't know about calling it Devil's Night 2. A sequel would be dope, but instead of adding a 2, add a word to it.... Like Devil's Night: (insert word here)

Devil's Night: Insert Word Here

:flutter:

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby SG. » Oct 21st, '13, 01:15

Francesco wrote:

At some point it would kind of make sense & be original to mirror the way Devil's Night followed TMMLP but at the same time it might come as cliche... plus Proof was heavily involved on the original so I don't know think they would be able to mirror that anyway. Anything will do for me anyway... :y:

Such a Debbie Downer in this topic, aren't you? :coffee:
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby Francesco » Oct 21st, '13, 01:23

SG. wrote:
Francesco wrote:

Such a Debbie Downer in this topic, aren't you? :coffee:

It was just my opinion... I love D12 & I'd love to hear a new album but I try to be realistic. Plus I don't even think the title is that important 'cuz like I said anything will do for me anyway...
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby mdemaz » Oct 21st, '13, 05:26

Well, the only reason I think it's a good name is because Bizarre says it at the end of that Outro track from Obie Trice's Cheers.

Although, he was probably referring to D12 world...

I guess they could call it something like, Devil's Night: The Sequel.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby TRickster » Oct 21st, '13, 06:36

If D12 were to reunite than this section will be a lot more active.
TRickster
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Francesco » Oct 21st, '13, 12:16

mdemaz wrote:Well, the only reason I think it's a good name is because Bizarre says it at the end of that Outro track from Obie Trice's Cheers.
Although, he was probably referring to D12 world...
I guess they could call it something like, Devil's Night: The Sequel.

I'd go ham if they announced a new album regardless... just Detroit would be by far my fave title for it. Like Detroit with #12 handing diagonally on the right side of the bottom of the D.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Return to Dirty Dozen