The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

I'm Doing a TMR and Rittz Review

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

I'm Doing a TMR and Rittz Review

Postby TonyTilt » Apr 25th, '13, 20:06

I'm getting all effed up later with the co-host of my show and writing my reviews for Trunk Muzik Returns & Life and Times of Johnny Valiant review for http://www.blacksquirrelradio.com I'll let you guys know when it's up, I want your feedback!
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Re: I'm Doing a TMR and Rittz Review

Postby Francesco » Apr 25th, '13, 23:48

TonyTilt wrote:I'm getting all effed up later with the co-host of my show and writing my reviews for Trunk Muzik Returns & Life and Times of Johnny Valiant review for http://www.blacksquirrelradio.com I'll let you guys know when it's up, I want your feedback!

When it's up, post it here as well though...
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby TonyTilt » Apr 26th, '13, 03:38

francesco wrote:
TonyTilt wrote:I'm getting all effed up later with the co-host of my show and writing my reviews for Trunk Muzik Returns & Life and Times of Johnny Valiant review for http://www.blacksquirrelradio.com I'll let you guys know when it's up, I want your feedback!

When it's up, post it here as well though...

Will do
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby TonyTilt » Apr 26th, '13, 18:29

Here's the TMR one... I had to make it a little vague for the website...

Trunk Muzik Returns is the follow up mixtape in the infamous Trunk Muzik series. This is easily the best installment in the series, proving that Yelawolf can re-invent himself even though the music industry seems to think otherwise. This mixtape is basically a free album judging on how well it was produced. Lets get to the review:

Firestarter – The very first thing anybody should notice about this song is the incredible beat. Yelawolf has described this mixtape as “futuristic hip-hop” and he describes it perfectly. This song is a perfect way to open the tape with; he is a firestarter and proves it though his music. From the verses, hook, and incredible bridge, THIS SONG IS HOT! CHECK (5/5)

Way Out – The first single of the mixtape, also following the futuristic sounding beat this song describes Yelawolf nicely, dude is way out!! CHECK (4/5)

F.A.S.T Ride – This song happens to be the second single on the tape. At first I didn’t really like the feel of it, the hook is very odd and sounds almost forced. But over time I’ve really learned to love this song, the verses in this song have an unmatched flow, which is to be expected with Yelawolf lately! CHECK (3.5/5)

Box Chevy Pt. 4 – The heavily anticipated part 4 of the Box Chevy songs! I was very excited to listen to this song and was actually disappointed.. This is the only song on the tape that I felt wasn’t given enough time. Although catchy and relaxing, it just feels like one giant chorus/instrumental. CHECK (2/5)

Hustle (Ft. Paul Wall) – Remember Paul Wall? I barely do either, but he actually adds a good feel to this song. The intro verse done by Paul is a good lead in to Yelawolf’s rapid fire. Both artists compliment eachother and should work together in the future. CHECK (4)

Catfish Billy – Where to start? This song IS Yelawolf (Nickname being Catfish Billy). No shortage of energy here, this song is explosive from start to finish! I couldn’t think of a better way to make this song sound. CHECK (Infinity/5)

Gangsta (Ft. A$AP Rocky & Big Henry) – After hearing this song when it leaked a week prior to the tape I was a bit skeptical. It’s a slower beat than Yelawolf is usually on, but he delivers nonetheless. A$AP Rocky & Big Henry’s verses were both good with no complaints. CHECK (3.5/5)

Rhyme Room (Ft. Raekwon & Killer Mike) – Three of the top southern rappers on one song can’t be wrong. Raekwon & Kller Mike both add very nice verses and set up Yelawolf for probably one of his best verses ever. You have to listen to understand. CHECK (5)

Fame – At first I couldn’t bring myself to like this song at all, I have no idea why. But after a few listen’s I’ve realized this song is about the music industry and the journey that Yelawolf has taken. This song tells a great story. CHECK (3)

Tennessee Love – PERFECT! After a bunch of radio attempts on his first major label album, Yelawolf was given the creative freedom to make this song. I don’t know what is better, the harmony, the beat, the lyrics, or Yela’s singing, but this song is a classic. CHECK (☺/5)

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Francesco » Apr 27th, '13, 02:32

Great review! :y:
Box Chevy was kinda robbed though! lol
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Francesco » Apr 27th, '13, 14:07

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
francesco wrote:Great review! :y:

I agree. Box Chevy is now my most listened song from the mix tape, it's like a fucking painkiller to me. Awesome song to listen to when I feel like shit or when I crave a drink or something. Puts my mind to ease.

Yeah... I haven't listened to the mixtape in a little while now but that song was always chilling the hot hell outta me.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby TonyTilt » Apr 27th, '13, 17:10

InsaneTRex94 wrote:

I agree. Box Chevy is now my most listened song from the mix tape, it's like a fucking painkiller to me. Awesome song to listen to when I feel like shit or when I crave a drink or something. Puts my mind to ease.

Haha sorry guys, thank you for the feedback! Yeah I know everyone loves Box Chevy and I don't hate it but i was expecting SO much more considering what Pt.3 was :unsure:

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Francesco » Apr 28th, '13, 00:44

TonyTilt wrote:
InsaneTRex94 wrote:

Haha sorry guys, thank you for the feedback! Yeah I know everyone loves Box Chevy and I don't hate it but i was expecting SO much more considering what Pt.3 was :unsure:

I thought that was the case... It's all good though, I was just giving my opinion on it as well.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Return to Shady Records