The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

50 Cent flopped with Eminem,Adam Levine,Alicia Keys ETC..

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Re: 50 Cent flopped with Eminem,Adam Levine,Alicia Keys ETC.

Postby Shameek » May 14th, '13, 20:58

Hage wrote:Snoop always liked working with fif, he said rap will always remain his first love doe.
Kendrick has said 50 has been one of the artists he looked up to when he was young so I doubt he was all like meh
New day was dope nonetheless, alicia keys just fucked it up for him by releasing her own version tbh

Snoop claimed that rap is no longer appealing because its not challenging and has decided to move on to something new.

"Snoop Lion Says Some Gangsta Rap Today Is "Not Real"
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... -not-real-

As for kendrick, he loves everybody and he is doing more shows in a year than everybody else in the music industry right now (US tour, World Tour, 1 or 2 College Tours, A tour with Jay, a new World tour this summer). He said himself that he didn't have the time to stay in a studio and he definitely didn't care about We Up, when someone is happy and proud to say that he spent the whole day for only 1 song, you know that he didn't care about the other songs.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170393 ... emix.jhtml

New day is a recycle bin song and the only good thing about this song is the hook, The 50's version didn't do better than the Alicia keys version

Alicia Keys - New Day : US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard) 10
50 Cent - New Day : US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard) 43

Everybody would jump on a 50 song because you're paid to write a guest verse.

InsaneTRex94 wrote:Kendrick and Eminem buttfucked 50 so hard you'd think he was gay. 50 is better than he's been since Get Rich but that's not saying shit.

agree, they elevated the song to another level imo
Last edited by Shameek on May 14th, '13, 21:04, edited 2 times in total.
Shameek
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Trimss » May 14th, '13, 20:59

Almostlity wrote:
Trimss wrote:
Almostlity wrote:SKI is going to be a Recycle bin classic

Alm confirmed biggest KTT sheep ever

damn i love this gif. :laughing: is that from when Ye freestyled with him? Pusha was so high
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Rattle1 » May 14th, '13, 21:26

Shameek wrote:Snoop claimed that rap is no longer appealing because its not challenging and has decided to move on to something new.

"Snoop Lion Says Some Gangsta Rap Today Is "Not Real"
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... -not-real-

As for kendrick, he loves everybody and he is doing more shows in a year than everybody else in the music industry right now (US tour, World Tour, 1 or 2 College Tours, A tour with Jay, a new World tour this summer). He said himself that he didn't have the time to stay in a studio and he definitely didn't care about We Up, when someone is happy and proud to say that he spent the whole day for only 1 song, you know that he didn't care about the other songs.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170393 ... emix.jhtml

New day is a recycle bin song and the only good thing about this song is the hook, The 50's version didn't do better than the Alicia keys version

Alicia Keys - New Day : US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard) 10
50 Cent - New Day : US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard) 43

Everybody would jump on a 50 song because you're paid to write a guest verse.

Almostlity wrote:SKI is going to be a Recycle bin classic

well, now that you say it, it seems that 50 is indeed going to release another uninteresting album.
He said his album has been in the making for 4 years but the verses from all the songs are throwaway verses, kinda said :(
Rattle1
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Despicable » May 15th, '13, 00:28

50cent has been too focused on his buisness,completely lost his touch when it comes to music.
Snoop fell off hard too,that Reincarnated bullshit sold 20k the first week.
That Snoop Lion shit is embarrassing,dumbest thing thats happened in hip hop in the last 10 years.
Cry babies,maybe my way that i use words is loose
but you turds better be careful how you choose yours
Cause feelings scar,but egos bruise worse
And the truth hurts,shit no wonder youre sore losers
Despicable
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Francesco » May 15th, '13, 00:37

There is a gap in between all 3 variations... flopped, didn't succeed & succeed.
It's hard for me to understand from a statistic point of view... How come My life could be even considered a flop?
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby EminemBase » May 15th, '13, 08:44

Well I wouldn't call "My Life" a total flop.

But yeah, he's just looking for a hit... his problem is - he just equates numbers and chart positions to his success, he doesn't really care about art, integrity or content...

He's just trying to do what he thinks will sell so he can feel big again.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Francesco » May 15th, '13, 11:51

EminemBase wrote:Well I wouldn't call "My Life" a total flop.
But yeah, he's just looking for a hit... his problem is - he just equates numbers and chart positions to his success, he doesn't really care about art, integrity or content...
He's just trying to do what he thinks will sell so he can feel big again.

True... he's always more about the numbers & cares about business more 'but IMO that's not that bad either. He's gonna be 38 years old soon too so at the end of the day out of the vet rappers, apart just few of his generation or older he's pretty much the most relevant & always in people's faces.
It's obvious he has a lotta troubles with Interscope... Game dropped two albums for the last two years with not having a single relevant song & with shitty sales while 50's been held for such a long time with records that have definitely done more than enough for an album to follow.

The other thing is My life is probably somewhere near 500k in US alone... I have not seen updates of it for a long time but it was just over 300k in like mid February or something. Plus it went to sell good internationally too so overall that's way outta the reach of at least 90% of the rappers out there. I agree there are some rappers that sell a lot more than that but that still doesn't make it a flop. It is even technically a certified hit considering its worldwide success & the potential gold plaque domestically.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby TheGentlePlayer » May 16th, '13, 12:25

Inb4 critical acclaimed album
I wanted an album so rugged nobody could touch it.
Spent a million a track and went over my budget.
Now how in the fuck am I supposed to get out of debt?
I can't rap anymore, I just murdered the alphabet.
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby momentsgolden » May 16th, '13, 20:56

All i know is... Alicia keys fucked up with leaking that New day record!! That one right there was/ is his best single since in the club. Hands down. Hit all over it. Fuckin bitch.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BlueberryWun » May 17th, '13, 17:35

50's next album will go gold though. My Life was a hit it did well on the billboard chart.

MURDER, MURDER YOUNG G STRAPPED WITH HIS BURNER BURNER
BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Shady Records