The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Yelawolf - Love Story (Q1 2015)

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Re: Yelawolf - Love Story (Fall 2013)

Postby EminemBase » May 18th, '13, 19:21

BlueberryWun wrote:
EminemBase wrote:
cheeseburger wrote:I know we all say this every damn year, but this summer is going to be the shit music wise.

Yeah, presuming they all don't sell the fuck out again.

Looks like Em is on a dark vibe... Kanye is just on a genius spazz-out vibe, major anti-establishment and brilliant fucking idea with the building projections... and dark... Yela has rebelled, repented and is now looking to recover from Radioactive; TMR was a start, and you can tell even with Psycho White... he's digging deep to make a dent, so I have high hopes for Love Story too...

Maybe this is finally the year they all deliver.

Not all music has to be 'dark' to be good good music is just good music if you have good lyrics, good content, good chorus, good melody, good flow and good beat.

Doesn't have to be, but it's nearly always much more compelling.

Artists with no burden or depth just talk about the good things... sure, artists WITH depth talk about good things too, but problems are interesting, conflict is interest... the truth is often dark because many people delude themselves or don't address it, or as a society people do that...

So, it's compelling to hear what nobody else is saying or centre art around it. It feels revealing.

I just like extreme; whether the content is dark or uplifting... make it the epitome of whatever it is you're doing. Extremism is compelling in art, anything else is lukewarm or shit.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby BlueberryWun » May 18th, '13, 19:40

Don't get me wrong i love dark music with a message. lyrics that are personal. But i also like songs sometimes not so dark. It should be balanced imo a good balance of message and some bangers like somethin you can drive to and bump.

MURDER, MURDER YOUNG G STRAPPED WITH HIS BURNER BURNER
BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rafael » May 18th, '13, 20:33

People expected Radioactive to be Trunk Muzik on steriods (that didn't happen), now I fully expect and am sure that Love Story will be Trunk Muzik Returns on crack.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby EminemBase » May 19th, '13, 11:36

N-R-G wrote:People expected Radioactive to be Trunk Muzik on steriods (that didn't happen), now I fully expect and am sure that Love Story will be Trunk Muzik Returns on crack.

I hope it's nothing like anything he's done. But something new and better.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby BlueberryWun » May 19th, '13, 16:07

EminemBase wrote:
N-R-G wrote:People expected Radioactive to be Trunk Muzik on steriods (that didn't happen), now I fully expect and am sure that Love Story will be Trunk Muzik Returns on crack.

Just 1 observation i noticed you always say a million times 'i hope it's new something never done before' i think you don't realize every topic, every type of content, every style of rap be it emotional, deep, street, horrorcore, party, political, comedy. Has been covered numerous times in history. Nothing is new.

BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » May 19th, '13, 17:31

BlueberryWun wrote:
EminemBase wrote:

Just 1 observation i noticed you always say a million times 'i hope it's new something never done before' i think you don't realize every topic, every type of content, every style of rap be it emotional, deep, street, horrorcore, party, political, comedy. Has been covered numerous times in history. Nothing is new.

I don't think anybody has covered "Alabama Psycho who loves Jack Daniels high off of meth who hopes to be thrown into the river after his death" except for Yelawolf

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby EminemBase » May 19th, '13, 19:40

BlueberryWun wrote:
EminemBase wrote:

That old chesnut.

Tarantino's 2009 movie Inglorious Basterds... could you point me to another movie in history where Jewish soldiers plot and kill Hitler?

There's new ways to tackle every subject.

Also, yeah there's been fast rap, tricky rap, rap which is even kinda SIMILAR, BUT, could you point me to something that truly sounds like Relapse?

Or how about the TV series Breaking Bad: could you point me to another TV series where a middle-aged man finds out he has cancer and decides to deal meth in order to stash money for his family?

The same THEMES are limited aka life and death, what are we doing here etc. etc. but there's INFINITE new narratives, abstract concepts or possibilities.

There's things which exist now which didn't exist 50 years ago, so how is that not potential to create stories that have never been told :confusion:

There's politics happening now, events happening right now, which have only just happened... so they couldn't have 'been done', since they're brand new.

Look at South Park; they had an episode where the cure for cancer was money... has that been done? Has the exact comedy or way they approach it been done?, No and No.

If you think there's no new things to talk about, or ways to approach things... you obviously don't think very creatively. You don't even need 'things' to talk about, not everything has to be so literal and straightforward. There's infinite creative possibilities. Most people just think very literally.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby BlueberryWun » May 19th, '13, 19:57

@ EminemBase, Relapse sounds like countless other horrorcore albums that Tech 9, Brotha Lynch, Esham, Insane Clown Pose etc have made. Heard that content, style of rapping, flow, production on almost every other horrorcore album i heard.

BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » May 19th, '13, 20:08

BlueberryWun wrote:@ EminemBase, Relapse sounds like countless other horrorcore albums that Tech 9, Brotha Lynch, Esham, Insane Clown Pose etc have made. Heard that content, style of rapping, flow, production on almost every other horrorcore album i heard.

Oh my god. I responded to this before, but it appears that you're blind, so I'll say it again.

Relapse was a concept album that focused on the idea of Eminem becoming a serial killer (no, not Slim Shady, an ACTUAL SERIAL KILLER). It took all parts of Eminem's persona and background and exaggerated them to a massive extent.

Issues with mother and drug abuse? My Mom. Mariah Carey? Bagpipes from Baghdad. Daddy issues? Insane. Problems with women? SSAD, Hello, Stay Wide Awake, etc.. Every song had a murderous feel to it, even the ones where it was basically partying/drugs i.e. Old Time's Sake and Must Be the Ganja, both of which had him rap about murder. Even We Made You had a line ("Don't massacre the fans!")

It was Eminem's delightful romp through a fantasyland where he ruled supreme. Then everything came crashing down with Deja Vu and the skit before it, which shows that the entire album thus far was a depressed, near-death Em on drugs recounting his career. The murderous shit and high voice came from SSLP, the subject matter from MMLP and Eminem Show(i.e. Kim, Cleaning Out My Closet), and the accent from Encore.

Notice how after Must Be the Ganja (which represents his descent into drug abuse) Em never uses his accent again. Now, after Deja Vu, we had Beautiful, which was a depressed Eminem going through rehab, and reflecting on his career (I feel like this should've been replaced with CWYWF, but eh). Crack a Bottle was his celebratory song. Underground represented Eminem getting serious again and getting back into the game (hence the normal sharp tone of his voice).

Now, name me a rapper who has EVER made an album like that. Fuck it. Name ANY artist who has been able to reflect upon his/her career in such an awesome way.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby BlueberryWun » May 19th, '13, 20:12

Like i said heard plenty of horrorcore albums like Relapse from Tech 9, Brotha Lynch, ICP, ESham.

BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » May 19th, '13, 20:13

BlueberryWun wrote:Like i said heard plenty of horrorcore albums like Relapse from Tech 9, Brotha Lynch, ICP, ESham.

Did you even read what I said? Or are you trying to reach a new level of retard previously unreachable?

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby cheeseburger » May 19th, '13, 20:27

You did it again :worship: :worship:
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » May 19th, '13, 21:28

BlueberryWun wrote:Like i said heard plenty of horrorcore albums like Relapse from Tech 9, Brotha Lynch, ICP, ESham.

I've not heard a rap style like it.

By rap style, I don't mean the content.

I've heard fast rap and yes Tech N9ne has a multitude of extremely complex and layered rap flows, similar, granted... but Em's particular sound, his flows on that album, his STYLE... I've never heard rap done like that, or writing like that. His phrasing is very unique.

Again; yes there are a million albums with similar content, a million flows similar or of that world, but his particular style... no, I think that's new, his style of writing and delivery etc. very fresh.

Also, it's way more than a horrorcore album, "Man I think that he just fell off the deep end, sho enough"... he's doing a lot of self-commentary and provocation on there again, it's more than just murder or dark vibes, it's layers, with a writers' flair/phrasing that you just don't hear.
Last edited by EminemBase on May 19th, '13, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby BlueberryWun » May 19th, '13, 21:30

EminemBase wrote:

I've heard fast rap and yes Tech N9ne has a multitude of extremely complex and layered rap flows, similar, granted... but Em's particular sound, his flows on that album, his STYLE... I've never heard rap done like that, or writing like that. His phrasing is very unique.

Well i definitley heard a lotta albums like Relapse nothing new with that

BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » May 19th, '13, 21:31

BlueberryWun wrote:
EminemBase wrote:

Well i definitley heard a lotta albums like Relapse nothing new with that

Show me a song, which is like Relapse.

That style of writing, that kind of delivery.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Records