The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Who would you rather sign to Shady B.o.B vs Kid Cudi

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Who would you rather sign to Shady

Kid Cudi
38%
B.o.B
63%

Total votes : 16

Re: Who would you rather sign to Shady B.o.B vs Kid Cudi

Postby Just Silver » May 21st, '13, 03:08

B.o.b is a better fit than yela imo
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby AbramIsaac » May 21st, '13, 03:14

That's debatable, but I don't really feel like Yelawolf fits on Shady Records either.

I mean, if he's going to be somewhere, it might as well be there. I have trouble seeing him in the major label machine though, I feel like he's better suited for an established indie label. Fat Possum, Anticon, or even SubPop. Well, maybe that's a little over the top, but it's just hard to see him be able to fit into the mold they want him to fit into at Interscope.

Shady Records is good for him in the way that it shields him from some of the major label bullshit, and helps keep him from falling through the cracks.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » May 21st, '13, 04:01

AbramIsaac wrote:That's debatable, but I don't really feel like Yelawolf fits on Shady Records either.

I mean, if he's going to be somewhere, it might as well be there. I have trouble seeing him in the major label machine though, I feel like he's better suited for an established indie label. Fat Possum, Anticon, or even SubPop. Well, maybe that's a little over the top, but it's just hard to see him be able to fit into the mold they want him to fit into at Interscope.

Shady Records is good for him in the way that it shields him from some of the major label bullshit, and helps keep him from falling through the cracks.

I honestly think he would have fit very well in Strange Music.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Just Silver » May 21st, '13, 04:03

Yelawolf doesn't really fit anywhere as of yet
Hes still quite different than the norm
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Previous

Return to Shady Records