The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Best Artist Em has ever signed to Shady records?

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Best Artist Em has signed to Shady records? based on quality of music/talent/material released

50 Cent
50%
D12
2%
Obie Trice
6%
Cashis
2%
Stat Quo
No votes
Bobby Creekwater
4%
Yelawolf
33%
Slaughterhouse
2%

Total votes : 48

Re: Best Artist Em has ever signed to Shady records?

Postby BlueberryWun » May 9th, '13, 13:10

EminemBase wrote:
BlueberryWun wrote:
EminemBase wrote:^ Exactly. No consistency.

Rarely does he stick to a concept, or have one.

He may have vague hook concepts and have a few lines here or there, but then he starts rambling his usual shit about his money, his mock philosophy, and the usual talk, over and over.

That's what people said about Relapse but u digg that unless i'm mistaken so i don't see where ya coming from. It can't be 1 rule for 1 artist and another rule for another artist my g

But Em on Relapse is MASTERFUL.

He raps about the same few topics within the entire album as it's a concept album proposing a fictional, murderous, drug-raging, anti-societal 'relapse'...

But even if he had JUST rapped about murder... his rapping is so intensely brilliant that it doesn't matter. 50 however is not and never has been a brilliant rapper, so if not for his subject-matter... what else are you supposed to be getting from him... ?

Eminem is densely original. He may rap within similar waters in terms of subject-matter, but the WAY he does it is consistently evolving and consistently innovative. He's a much, much, much smarter lyricist, intellect, wordsmith, and artist in general. There's no comparison.

What is masterful is subjective that is an opinion some think it wasn't, some may that is just your opinion that it is

MURDER, MURDER YOUNG G STRAPPED WITH HIS BURNER BURNER
BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » May 9th, '13, 13:27

@ BlueberryWun - The biggest cop-out known to man within artistic discussion.

Why even bother come on here to discuss the art if your response is 'but it's all subjective'... that's such a lame duck-and-dive of having a true opinion...

Taste is subjective, good and bad isn't. Why do you think some films aka The Godfather have a near-universal praise level aka around 90-95%... do you think that's coincidence?...

If it was truly subjective, that would imply it's random, and you would expect perhaps a 30-50% approval rating of every film ever made. Clearly: there are good and bad aesthetics , good and bad acting, good and bad writing... that most intelligent people agree on...

And with music, it's not random either.

There's a reason a great rapper like Eminem gets praised even by those who hate him, but admit his talent, and it's not random. It's because they can HEAR his talent; why can they hear it? they can hear it due to his dense rhymes and amazingly well-timed, rhythmic, musical flow... again - those things are not random, or subjective. There is a science to musical timing just like comedy timing, and just because we can't instantly analyze and see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. What we like may be subjective, but what's good or bad isn't... we're just still well-behind in the game of analyzing and breaking down not only art, but reality in general.

Thus, Eminem's 'masterful' work on Relapse is not random nor truly subjective... whether you like it or not is truly subjective, but whether it being good or bad... there are tramlines on which you can place definitions regarding the outer-exterior of rap music, and Relapse, and his performance on that album, marks pretty high on the scale of good or bad rap, defined by rhymes, rhythmic timing, dramatic pronunciation; all-round vocal performance, intelligent lyrics, and so on...
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby BlueberryWun » May 9th, '13, 13:33

I say subjective because some people thought the album was bad, some thought it was awful, some thought it was average, some thought it was good, some thought it was decent. Just like you personaly think 50's album was just solid that is your opinion however others share the opinion the music was brilliant. It all comes down to opinion

BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BlueberryWun » May 9th, '13, 14:03

Menzo wrote:
BlueberryWun wrote:I say subjective because some people thought the album was bad, some thought it was awful, some thought it was average, some thought it was good, some thought it was decent. Just like you personaly think 50's album was just solid that is your opinion however others share the opinion the music was brilliant. It all comes down to opinion

Yes...but the precisive writing, sharp rhyming, hypnotic flows and bombastic beats are far less "subjective".

At the same time there is more to music than flow and beats. Good music is about the entire package a lotta rappers flow good but that doesn't mean they make great music

BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » May 9th, '13, 14:13

BlueberryWun wrote:
Menzo wrote:
BlueberryWun wrote:I say subjective because some people thought the album was bad, some thought it was awful, some thought it was average, some thought it was good, some thought it was decent. Just like you personaly think 50's album was just solid that is your opinion however others share the opinion the music was brilliant. It all comes down to opinion

Yes...but the precisive writing, sharp rhyming, hypnotic flows and bombastic beats are far less "subjective".

At the same time there is more to music than flow and beats. Good music is about the entire package a lotta rappers flow good but that doesn't mean they make great music

He does have good content too on Relapse, you ignorant, selectively blind buffoon. Read my previous post. Here, I'll even give you it so you don't have to go look for it. Music is about art and expression, not an outlet to whine about the "hard knock life" 50 billion times before bragging about your women and money.

Fuck no. Don't you even compare Relapse to the dogshit that 50 Cent puts out.

Relapse was a concept album that focused on the idea of Eminem becoming a serial killer (no, not Slim Shady, an ACTUAL SERIAL KILLER). It took all parts of Eminem's persona and background and exaggerated them to a massive extent.

Issues with mother and drug abuse? My Mom. Mariah Carey? Bagpipes from Baghdad. Daddy issues? Insane. Problems with women? SSAD, Hello, Stay Wide Awake, etc.. Every song had a murderous feel to it, even the ones where it was basically partying/drugs i.e. Old Time's Sake and Must Be the Ganja, both of which had him rap about murder.

It was Eminem's delightful romp through a fantasyland where he ruled supreme. Then everything came crashing down with Deja Vu and the skit before it, which shows that the entire album thus far was Em recounting his entire career mashed together. The murderous shit came from SSLP, the subject matter from MMLP and Eminem Show(i.e. Kim, Cleaning Out My Closet), and the accent from Encore.

Then after Deja Vu (notice: no accent) we had Beautiful (no accent either), which was a depressed Eminem forced back into the world after his rehab. Crack a Bottle (no accent) was his celebratory song. Underground represented Eminem getting serious again and getting back into the game (hence the normal sharp tone of his voice).

Now, if you fucking think that 50 made anything even REMOTELY close to that, you're insane (no pun intended).

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby EminemBase » May 10th, '13, 10:50

Yes but actual cases of breakdown can be made for why Relapse is good, and why Eminem is good; if by rap terms or even musicality-wise we're speaking about rhyme density, timing and rhythm complexity of flows, musical clarity and catchiness, and conceptual depth...

Arguments of logic and demonstrative breakdowns can show why Eminem is complex on Relapse, so even if you dislike it, you would have a hard time arguing against the core elements...

Where as, I'd love to see you demonstrate how 50 Cent's rhymes or lyrics are intelligent, complex, dense or layered and crafted, or how any of the songs of almost any of his albums show any real conceptual depth beyond a surface-concept hook or idea... no real arguments can be made for the artistic complexity of 50 as there isn't any...

So you can't say it's a fact he's shit, but you could say it's a fact he's not artistically complex. So, if you like artistically simple, musically bad and predictable artists... sure. It's taste.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Just Silver » May 10th, '13, 13:06

Lol its funny how yela almost ties for best and worst by Trs standards
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby KaZer » May 10th, '13, 16:10

Other then 50 I would choose Obie and Yela... 50 used to be the shit back in the day

#JMT&AotP #TRmetal
KaZer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » May 11th, '13, 03:00

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:50>Obie>D12>Slaughterhouse>Yelawolf

Don't care about the rest but Stat Quo is probably the worse.

Wat.

Pick a island on the map, I been to it
Shorty wan' try anal, her friends do it
Wrists rocked up shinin, flawless diamonds
You could hardly see the face on my Audemar time and
On that J.T. shit, me I'm bringin +Sexy Back+
Louis belt wrapped around right where the tec be at

Yeah, some genius shit right there.

EDIT: I just noticed the punchline is a three syllable rhyme. That's what 50 considers as a good punchline. Think about it.
Last edited by Snakebeast on May 11th, '13, 21:50, edited 4 times in total.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby EminemBase » May 11th, '13, 13:16

Snake897 wrote:
RiseFromTheAshez wrote:50>Obie>D12>Slaughterhouse>Yelawolf

Don't care about the rest but Stat Quo is probably the worse.

Wat.

50 Cent rapped:
Pick a island on the map, I been to it
Shorty wan' try anal, her friends do it
Wrists rocked up shinin, flawless diamonds
You could hardly see the face on my Audemar time and
On that J.T. shit, me I'm bringin +Sexy Back+
Louis belt wrapped around right where the tec be at

Yeah, some genius shit right there.

Lmao wow, so fucking abysmal. That's embarrassing.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Trimss » May 11th, '13, 13:24

I still think Radioactive had some great concepts but it was flawed by some compromising and attempt at having radio friendly songs.. It's not a bad attempt at doing it, because at least, he was doing him. He didn't sound like any other rapper.

It could have been better though.. I'm still bumping Trunk Muzik Returns. I really hope Em gives him some exposure, like jumping on the second single of Love Story or something like that.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Trimss » May 11th, '13, 13:36

He said that yeah. I think Love Story is almost done, by the way. Shady/Interscope opened up the budget and the album itself is pretty much done. So, he'll hand it to Eminem and Em will say what could be better and drop a verse and a hook and i'll be it. They're shooting for a fall release.

https://twitter.com/SupaHotBeats/status ... 6304151552
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Francesco » May 12th, '13, 13:27

Trimss wrote:He said that yeah. I think Love Story is almost done, by the way. Shady/Interscope opened up the budget and the album itself is pretty much done. So, he'll hand it to Eminem and Em will say what could be better and drop a verse and a hook and i'll be it. They're shooting for a fall release.

https://twitter.com/SupaHotBeats/status ... 6304151552

It might be but they still could keep adding newer material & even last second records on the way... it's still great they get a solid body of work done already anyway.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Despicable » May 14th, '13, 18:49

50 cent 1.
Obie Trice 2.
Slaughterhouse 3.
Yela 4.
Cry babies,maybe my way that i use words is loose
but you turds better be careful how you choose yours
Cause feelings scar,but egos bruise worse
And the truth hurts,shit no wonder youre sore losers
Despicable
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby BlueberryWun » May 17th, '13, 00:48

Was listening to The Massacre today from start to finish i think this album is a near classic not quite a classic. But not far of. 50 has a great catalouge.

BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Records