The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Yelawolf - Love Story (Q1 2015)

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Re: Yelawolf - Love Story (TBA 2013)

Postby Fury » Jan 21st, '13, 20:11

Agree with the No Love thing (though I would have given him a verse in White Trash Party and made it a single), but lol Eminem doesn't fit on Hard White.
Fury
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TonyTilt » Jan 21st, '13, 23:33

EminemBase wrote:
TonyTilt wrote:I think this is about to be Yela's best work. Just because of who he's been developing into musically and it's kinda like his Radioactive redemption, even though Radioactive was amazing..

Amazing? really? I think it has some amazing tracks but...

I'm a huge Yela fan, I was majorly let down personally.

I think like a lot of albums lately - it starts off amazing, up until like... well it's just "Good Girl" which fucks up the flow of everything I think. It's like "Lighters" on BME... I'd rather they did a full-blown compromised album than keep doing this, it keeps happening on Em / Em-related projects now where you have an album of greatness then 1-3 totally compromised tracks which sound fuck all like the rest of the material, trying to appeal in one way or another, but blatantly and cringing...

1. Relapse = Beautiful, Crack a Bottle
2. Recovery = didn't actually happen, as the whole album was compromised
3. BME = Lighters
4. Radioactive = Good Girl, The Hardest Love Song in the World

It's really only a few tracks which fuck up Radioactive for me when I look at it, it's not like the whole album was bullshit, but just ONE really obvious compromise can taint the entire memory of an album I think, it weighs it down. You can have five healthy men on a boat, and the boat may float; but if Bizarre jumps on, that fucker is sinking. Fast. And you don't remember how the healthy men were floating, you just try to stop yourself from fucking drowning, and remember it was Bizarre's fat smelly ass that put you in the water. "Good Girl" is the Bizarre of the Radioactive boat.

Ironically coming in at? #6.

Problem is there's a few Bizarre's on Radioactive... and they just disjoint the otherwise cohesive album, so the overall effect feels messy and inconsistent. It's such a fucking shame too because with that title and imagery... awh man, it could have been such a classic. It SHOULD have been.

Also "No Hands"... >

Should have stayed on the album and been a proper single. People need to stop caring about what they THINK radio will like, and start trying to dicTATE what people will NOW like.

I just said amazing because I will eat up everything he does like it's gold. But yes the features ruin what could have been great songs and I wasn't very happy with the tracklisting myself. There were a few that could have been replaced that make me shake my head when they come on.

I.e. Good girl, Slumerican Shitizen, and I don't particularly like Made in the USA
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 22nd, '13, 00:44

Well, at least Slumerican Shitizen and Made in the USA were true to Yelawolf's style though.

Good Girl and The Hardest Love Song in the World really...I don't know, they fuck it up so bad. Yelawolf could probably do a song like THLSITW, but it wouldn't have been executed like that at all. Top that with the poorly executed TIU and Radioactive was just weighed down too much to really be as good as it should have been.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Rafael » Jan 27th, '13, 16:23

I don't know why but the title 'Love Story', keeps spelling out concept album for me. That would be amazing if he told like a real raw love experience on his album. Think "Love is not enough";"Brown Sugar"....
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Rafael » Feb 4th, '13, 19:24

The title ''Love Story'' just keeps yelling "concept album" at me. An album about a love expirence would be sound great to me. But if it is a concept album about love, I want it to be really raw, and not poppy, if you know what I mean. Don't think "The Hardest Love Song in The World", think "Love is Not Enough" and "Brown Sugar".
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Dr. Shady » Feb 4th, '13, 20:56

Aone10 wrote:The only features I would like to see on Yela's album:

Eminem
Rittz
Tech N9ne
Danny Brown (him and Yela have 2 very unique styles, this would make for an amazing collab)

That's about it....

word :y:
Dr. Shady
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fury » Feb 4th, '13, 20:58

Aone10 wrote:The only features I would like to see on Yela's album:

Eminem
Rittz
Tech N9ne
Danny Brown (him and Yela have 2 very unique styles, this would make for an amazing collab)

That's about it....

Agreed
Fury
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fury » Feb 4th, '13, 21:27

Nah, Danny Brown rules.
Fury
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TonyTilt » Feb 5th, '13, 18:38

InsaneTRex94 wrote:Fuck Danny Brown, am I the only one who wishes he'd get his vocal chords snipped? Everything about him annoys me to no end. His voice, clothes, hair, delivery, flow, lyrics, everything.

Naw dude I felt the same way for the longest time, especially after watching his XXL cypher..But then one day I just started to embrace it, listen to Molly Ringwald. After that I've grown to really fucking love Danny Brown. Even though sometimes I have no fucking idea what he's saying.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SG. » Feb 5th, '13, 20:38

Updated OP btw.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby ImANoob » Feb 9th, '13, 18:19

RIP TRShady. July 6, 2012 - February 6, 2014
ImANoob
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Trimss » Feb 9th, '13, 18:25

Via Shady Records and Slumerican. That kills the rumours.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Trimss » Feb 10th, '13, 02:10

Rollefsen wrote:
StayWideAwake wrote:
Trimss wrote:Via Shady Records and Slumerican. That kills the rumours.

Did you just tweet WillPower about a second single? because the confirmation was sweet but I did a double take at the name

Indeed he did! Trimss, you're so awesome :D

Yes, that was me. It's cool he answered haha thanks Rollefsen! :b:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Re: Yelawolf - Love Story (Fall 2013)

Postby SG. » Feb 12th, '13, 22:20

There's also a countdown here.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Re: Yelawolf - Love Story (Fall 2013)

Postby Trimss » Feb 12th, '13, 22:54

That trailer is fucking dope af.
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence