The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Yelawolf - Love Story (Q1 2015)

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Re: Yelawolf - Love Story (TBA 2013)

Postby BIGDEEZ » Jan 14th, '13, 13:00

I really hope this will be a good album he's such a good artist just needs to do his thing..
Im Not A Rapper Im A Adapter I Can Adjust!!!
BIGDEEZ
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Trimss » Jan 14th, '13, 13:14

EminemBase wrote:It's really only a few tracks which fuck up Radioactive for me when I look at it, it's not like the whole album was bullshit, but just ONE really obvious compromise can taint the entire memory of an album I think, it weighs it down. You can have five healthy men on a boat, and the boat may float; but if Bizarre jumps on, that fucker is sinking. Fast. And you don't remember how the healthy men were floating, you just try to stop yourself from fucking drowning, and remember it was Bizarre's fat smelly ass that put you in the water. "Good Girl" is the Bizarre of the Radioactive boat.

This was funny as fuck. :laughing:

Yet so true.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Rainer7 » Jan 14th, '13, 22:13

It's kind of ironic considering that his song with Bizarre might be one of my favorites of his.
Rainer7
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby momentsgolden » Jan 14th, '13, 22:20

Trimss wrote:
EminemBase wrote:It's really only a few tracks which fuck up Radioactive for me when I look at it, it's not like the whole album was bullshit, but just ONE really obvious compromise can taint the entire memory of an album I think, it weighs it down. You can have five healthy men on a boat, and the boat may float; but if Bizarre jumps on, that fucker is sinking. Fast. And you don't remember how the healthy men were floating, you just try to stop yourself from fucking drowning, and remember it was Bizarre's fat smelly ass that put you in the water. "Good Girl" is the Bizarre of the Radioactive boat.

This was funny as fuck. :laughing:

Yet so true.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby VictorVerzion5 » Jan 17th, '13, 20:10

I'm not expecting anything big, maybe another Radioactive, but nothing more. I'm not saying Em is a bad producer or anything, but if you look at the Slaughterhouse album, maybe that is the direction he is taking...I don't know we will have to see how it is, but I hope and pray it is not like Welcome To Our House.
VICTORVERZION5
P.S. I CAN MAKE YA BEDROCK -wink-
VictorVerzion5
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby EminemBase » Jan 17th, '13, 20:44

VictorVerzion5 wrote:I'm not expecting anything big, maybe another Radioactive, but nothing more. I'm not saying Em is a bad producer or anything, but if you look at the Slaughterhouse album, maybe that is the direction he is taking...I don't know we will have to see how it is, but I hope and pray it is not like Welcome To Our House.

Nah, Yela has woken up.

He acknowledged the compromise and failure of Radioactive and said that won't be happening again. Said he's gonna sit down with like one producer so the project is consistent and doesn't sound all over the place and that he's aiming for a classic, and fuck radio.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 17th, '13, 20:56

Yeah, Yelawolf has stated multiple times that this is going to be different.

He's said that the album side of things shouldn't be compromised for the radio, because you don't build a fanbase with that. You build a fanbase through touring, and doing shows. The album needs to be a true reflection of who you are, and what you do, because that's what sustains your fanbase. He's said a lot of this over the past year, but Bonnaroo was one of the interviews where I remember him saying those things specifically.

Anyway, since Radioactive he's been hard at work making the type of music that he's known for making. Heart of Dixie was a good start, though it seems a little forgettable now, and Psycho White is fucking awesome. If he continues the streak with Trunk Muzik Returns, then there will be no need to worry about what Love Story will be. Either way, we're not going to have a repeat of Radioactive, because Yelawolf isn't thinking about the label or the radio anymore.

He's made it clear that he's going back to doing what he does best, and relying on his team at Ghet-O-Vision to push him forward.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby OMEGA » Jan 18th, '13, 05:59

I really fucking hope he gets KRIT to produce a few songs for this album. He recently mentioned that his beats are so inspirational, he could write some amazing raps over them.

The rest of the album should be handled by the people who produced Trunk Muzik. While I liked Radio Active, only a few songs had that organic, almost "chemical" sound that I like about him.
OMEGA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Trimss » Jan 18th, '13, 20:56

I wish Yela got Big Boi and Andre 3000 on his album. He already has a song with Big Boi produced by Andre.
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby King Lance » Jan 18th, '13, 20:57

Trimss wrote:I wish Yela got Big Boi and Andre 3000 on his album. He already has a song with Big Boi produced by Andre.

can you give me the name of that song ?

King Lance
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Trimss » Jan 18th, '13, 21:00

Lance5 wrote:
Trimss wrote:I wish Yela got Big Boi and Andre 3000 on his album. He already has a song with Big Boi produced by Andre.

can you give me the name of that song ?

Yeah I can even link you.

There's also a video but Yela's verse is all censored in it lmao. Song is average though. Yela has a lot better than that
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 18th, '13, 21:07

You know, if Yelawolf lets on when the album is likely to be out, we can make a decent guess as to when the Eminem album will be released. Interscope isn't going to put out any more official Shady releases until the Eminem album drops if history has anything to tell us. So if Yelawolf was thinking September, we could expect an Eminem album late Spring/early Summer.

Obviously this could be speculation that won't hold true, but it does fit the pattern that Interscope has used before. That's a big part of the reason that the artists from Shady 1.0 never dropped. Bobby Creekwater and Stat Quo both said that Interscope didn't want to risk it on the smaller releases until they got a buzz going with an Eminem album.

They fucked up though, and were complacent. Yelawolf knows that waiting on the label support isn't the way to go, and is constantly putting out his own releases. Mixtapes, collab EPs, etc. That's what separates him from them...well, that and talent.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Trimss » Jan 18th, '13, 21:13

AbramIsaac wrote:They fucked up though, and were complacent. Yelawolf knows that waiting on the label support isn't the way to go, and is constantly putting out his own releases. Mixtapes, collab EPs, etc. That's what separates him from them...well, that and talent.

That's clever as fuck. And he also does it with different artists.. BIG K.r.i.t, Ed Sheeran, Travis Barker etc.. He's trying to get his own fanbase without needing anyone. I really hope his first single features Eminem though, because he fucking needs to get bigger.

He's really dope and I'm sure as fuck his image and everything could make him way bigger than he is right now. He IS mainstream friendly, not in that Nicki Minaj way, but I don't know.. I feel like he's a lot more original and versatile than Asap Rocky. He can sing, he can rap, he can pick beats.. Fuck it, all he needs is Em's support.

Like I already said, if Eminem and Dre were as involved in Yela's project than they were in Obie's first album, Yela would most definitely go gold at least. WHY aren't they doing this? Jumping on each other's albums and stuff like back then? :facepalm
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby master360 » Jan 20th, '13, 16:38

I hope this album will be more "hardcore", but with some emotional song like "write you name" ... please yela dont do it more song like "good girl"...
"just let our spirits live on, through our lyrics that you hear in our songs and we can..."
master360
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 20th, '13, 18:51

Miller wrote:I dont think Yelawolf needs Eminem on the lead single. Aone had a good idea though of having Yelawolf on Eminem's second single and then drop Yela's single shortly after that. That way Yela will be on two songs on the radio and that will generate a big buzz for him if they are good songs. 50 didnt have Em on a single when he first started and he did just fine. Just put Em in the music video or something. Yela can make it big on his own.
Although if he was getting the same attention from Dre and Em that 50 and Obie got he would have been huge already. Hearing Yela on some Dre beats would be orgasmic.

Yeah the problem today is that people seem to skip the one who the song is made for, and only listen to Eminems part if he is on it. I do this to way to often.
As you said I think the In Da Club route is the right way to go.
Make a banger with a massive Dre beat, Yelawolf rapping his ass of in three awsome verses, make an awsome video where the right spirit comes through and put Eminem in it. We want to see Em stamp Yela as Dre stamped him!
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Records