The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Yelawolf - Trunk Muzik Returns! #LINKINSIDE#

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Re: Yelawolf - Trunk Muzik Returns! #LINKINSIDE#

Postby Francesco » Apr 12th, '13, 12:21

cheeseburger wrote:
Yelawolf wrote:And like I’m in the morgue and I’m giving no pedicure
Said a story now go on and set the melanol
Set sail on a pale horse with a sword
Yea me behold, in a white Caprice classic, pedal to the floor
Flying by the seat of my pants
‘Cause I need what I need
I believe that I can go achieve what I came to achieve
And I leave you and you with the new CD in your hands

Put it in, put it in, let the 808 fill that space
Any kind of high never feels this great
You can feel the taste, you can see that smell
You can touch the moon when you hear that bass!

:flutter:

:y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby TheGentlePlayer » Apr 15th, '13, 17:08

So he walked off stage yesterday. Nice one, Yela
I wanted an album so rugged nobody could touch it.
Spent a million a track and went over my budget.
Now how in the fuck am I supposed to get out of debt?
I can't rap anymore, I just murdered the alphabet.
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Snakebeast » Apr 15th, '13, 17:31

1) Catfish Billy
2) Rhyme Room
3) Fame
4) Gangster
5) Hustle
6) FAST Ride
7) Firestarter
8) Way Out
9) Box Chevy 4
10) Tennessee Love

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby cheeseburger » Apr 15th, '13, 17:58

TheGentlePlayer wrote:So he walked off stage yesterday. Nice one, Yela

I thought it was a good move by him. He said fuck you to the money he was promised and left.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=0GeNy2-t ... GeNy2-tXHY

"How you mothertruckers doin out there?!" :laughing:
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby J.R. » Apr 29th, '13, 16:03

I always thought Box Chevy 4 was underrated compared to the rest.
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Trimss » Apr 29th, '13, 18:42

Firestarter is such a great tune.. My favorite, tied with Catfish Billy.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Trimss » Apr 29th, '13, 20:52

Soo what y'all think about Firestarter?
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby cheeseburger » Apr 30th, '13, 07:42

Firestarter is my shit.

"I didnt.. I didnt know if he was alive or dead, and thats the honest to god truth.."
The part after that speech in the background is awesome.

"And im dailing, better pick up the phone when Im callin. Catfish Billy got the trailerpark callin!"
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Apr 30th, '13, 10:25

Firestarter is not my favorite one off the mixtape but I like it a lot too.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby momentsgolden » May 3rd, '13, 06:25

I love Trunk muzik returns.

now that we got that outta the way here's my view on it. i like different artists for different reasons. Yelawolf to me is the rapper with dope beats, awesome flow, catchy hook and a dope vibe to his muzik. In general, i dont listen to his muzik... i feel it. And TMR got the most goosebump inducing orgasmic feeling ever!! it feels so fresh, so country, so funky so originally creative no-one in the game could have made this shit. Willpower' production is outstanding. Brilliant. and yelawolf shuld get credit for that too because i dont think i've even heard him do stuff close to this good except on TM.

but, i ddnt get how ya'll praise the "lyrism" on this tape. The wordplay/ metaphors arent particularly impressive in themselves. The first part of the tape went way over my head EVEN wen i lukd up the lyrics (not explanations) on rapgenius. and this is comin from sum1 who has listened to at least half his discography. he gets by, hes ok occassionally great but never brain freeze mind numbing shit. closest he came to that on this tape is catfish billy and even there there are a few questionable lines/phrases/bars.

What i mean by that is that when i listened to this tape rhyme room and tennesse luv were some of my LEAST memorable tracks on it because the lyrical content and delivery take away some of the mysterious edge on the rest of the project. Instead, i find myself waitin for the flow switch up on fast ride, the cursin on catshish billy, the "hustle" and "gansta" ad-libs in those songs and basically ALL the hooks. and yes, that includes the instrumental one on My Box Chevy 4.

i have had this on repeat for days now as it is the only project i've listened to by any artist in months and i'm glad its this 45 mins of awesomeness. my only regret is that i dont have a box chevy to blast it in.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » May 13th, '13, 02:07

momentsgolden wrote:I love Trunk muzik returns.

now that we got that outta the way here's my view on it. i like different artists for different reasons. Yelawolf to me is the rapper with dope beats, awesome flow, catchy hook and a dope vibe to his muzik. In general, i dont listen to his muzik... i feel it. And TMR got the most goosebump inducing orgasmic feeling ever!! it feels so fresh, so country, so funky so originally creative no-one in the game could have made this shit. Willpower' production is outstanding. Brilliant. and yelawolf shuld get credit for that too because i dont think i've even heard him do stuff close to this good except on TM.

but, i ddnt get how ya'll praise the "lyrism" on this tape. The wordplay/ metaphors arent particularly impressive in themselves. The first part of the tape went way over my head EVEN wen i lukd up the lyrics (not explanations) on rapgenius. and this is comin from sum1 who has listened to at least half his discography. he gets by, hes ok occassionally great but never brain freeze mind numbing shit. closest he came to that on this tape is catfish billy and even there there are a few questionable lines/phrases/bars.

What i mean by that is that when i listened to this tape rhyme room and tennesse luv were some of my LEAST memorable tracks on it because the lyrical content and delivery take away some of the mysterious edge on the rest of the project. Instead, i find myself waitin for the flow switch up on fast ride, the cursin on catshish billy, the "hustle" and "gansta" ad-libs in those songs and basically ALL the hooks. and yes, that includes the instrumental one on My Box Chevy 4.

i have had this on repeat for days now as it is the only project i've listened to by any artist in months and i'm glad its this 45 mins of awesomeness. my only regret is that i dont have a box chevy to blast it in.

Just off the top of my head: his verse on "Hustle" was a gigantic metaphor of how he got lured in by the promise of fame and riches into making "Radioactive".

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby momentsgolden » May 13th, '13, 06:11

I understood what that metaphor was. So did i get fame, gangsta, tennesse love and rhyme room.

Its jus that.... Even when you do get it, how is the metaphor of driving around in a car so... Unique?!! I mean, reminds me of 25 to life nd how eminem makes the hip-hop wife analogy. I like both tracks, dont get me wrong.... But the level of praise for the lyrism itself i dont get.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » May 13th, '13, 06:20

momentsgolden wrote:I understood what that metaphor was. So did i get fame, gangsta, tennesse love and rhyme room.

Its jus that.... Even when you do get it, how is the metaphor of driving around in a car so... Unique?!! I mean, reminds me of 25 to life nd how eminem makes the hip-hop wife analogy. I like both tracks, dont get me wrong.... But the level of praise for the lyrism itself i dont get.

Because he gets in deep with the detail of the metaphor. As an inexperienced broke rapper with a crappy career (his chevy), he is lured in by a seemingly nice label (the hitchhiker) who offers a bit of money at first as a gift (pay for the gas) and eventually, Yelawolf is pulled into pretty much becoming a slave to their whims, hence the compromised album (the hitchhiker takes control of the car), and Yela can't even see the bad path his career is going in (engine smoking, rearview mirrors broken). Its a fucking genius verse, hence why I wish he had gone even further and replaced what would most likely be Paul Wall's best verse ever (not saying much, but still).

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby R.A.W. » May 16th, '13, 11:02

Plan B Skateboards is releasing a limited edition board that comes with a physical copy of Trunk Muzik Returns.

http://www.planbskateboards.com/blog/po ... slumerican
R.A.W.
R.A.W.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby master360 » Feb 5th, '14, 17:54

where can I buy an official physical version of this tape?
"just let our spirits live on, through our lyrics that you hear in our songs and we can..."
master360
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Shady Records