The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

HIPHOPDX reviews Trunk Muzik Returns

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Re: HIPHOPDX reviews Trunk Muzik Returns

Postby Blu » Apr 3rd, '13, 19:11

Agree with HipHopDX.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Trimss » Apr 3rd, '13, 19:45

Blu wrote:Agree with HipHopDX.

Mind elaborating ?
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby geoff » Apr 3rd, '13, 20:07

Fuck this review, this is all i been listening to since it came out
geoff
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Trimss » Apr 3rd, '13, 20:40

This review is plain stupid, the reasons they give are not valid and any brain dead faggot who agrees with it has certainly not heard the tape. Like, if the review had great arguments or said that Yela is not for everyone and stuff like that I wouldn't have cared.

But.. It says there's no content, and it says Yela should stop rapping fast. Like.. Wtf? Lol.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby TheGentlePlayer » Apr 3rd, '13, 23:35

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
TheGentlePlayer wrote:Kinda agree

Yeah but I'm pretty sure you once said that you thought Cashis, Stat Quo and Bobby Creekwater were dope so if that's true what do you know?

But Stat Quo is tha Atlanta God tho. Don't hate :'( :'(
I wanted an album so rugged nobody could touch it.
Spent a million a track and went over my budget.
Now how in the fuck am I supposed to get out of debt?
I can't rap anymore, I just murdered the alphabet.
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby 12characters » Apr 3rd, '13, 23:37

InsaneTRex94 wrote:

Yeah but I'm pretty sure you once said that you thought Cashis, Stat Quo and Bobby Creekwater were dope so if that's true what do you know?

HAHAHAHAHA
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CanadaPure » Apr 4th, '13, 00:24

InsaneTRex94 wrote:

I like Ca$his :'( My ears don't lie to me...
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby Snakebeast » Apr 4th, '13, 02:09

I like Hip Hop DX, but they definitely made a mistake here.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Fury » Apr 4th, '13, 05:03

The review was pretty terrible. You can dislike the mixtape, but agreeing with the review makes you seem kind of ignorant to Yelawolf's music and his artistry in general. Now consider that he basically said it doesn't touch Trunk Muzik, it's pretty clear he has no idea what the hell he's talking about when it comes to the type of music Yelawolf puts out. He doesn't understand his development nor his persona. It's a joke of a review, but I don't expect much from HIPHOPDX.

DeadEndHipHop has a bunch of dudes who have actually listened to Yelawolf's evolution. They're not ignorant to the type of artist he is.

This is easily Yelawolf's best work.
Fury
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Apr 4th, '13, 05:48

I agree 100% Fury.

The original Trunk Muzik is better if your just listening for banging beats.
This is better artisticly for both Yela and SupaHot. The experimentation is better.
The rapping is better. As you said this problably is his best work.

When I saw that other review from HipHopDead I was like :flutter: :flutter: all the time.
Love them guys, they were real and told the truth!
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Apr 4th, '13, 14:00

Fury wrote:The review was pretty terrible. You can dislike the mixtape, but agreeing with the review makes you seem kind of ignorant to Yelawolf's music and his artistry in general. Now consider that he basically said it doesn't touch Trunk Muzik, it's pretty clear he has no idea what the hell he's talking about when it comes to the type of music Yelawolf puts out. He doesn't understand his development nor his persona. It's a joke of a review, but I don't expect much from HIPHOPDX.
DeadEndHipHop has a bunch of dudes who have actually listened to Yelawolf's evolution. They're not ignorant to the type of artist he is.
This is easily Yelawolf's best work.

cheeseburger wrote:I agree 100% Fury.
The original Trunk Muzik is better if your just listening for banging beats.
This is better artisticly for both Yela and SupaHot. The experimentation is better.
The rapping is better. As you said this problably is his best work.
When I saw that other review from HipHopDead I was like :flutter: :flutter: all the time.
Love them guys, they were real and told the truth!

Guys the reviewer of HHDX defitnitelly downed the mixtape by not saying it was a very solid mixtape overall, let alone he even put it like it's a fail or whatever but you are not been completely objective either.
Honestly if I put this mixtape against any of his other tapes & analyze the matter I might agree with you about TMR been Yela's best tape overall but you miss on a major point here... not to mention that statement kind of come as irrelevant.

TM was the reason EM singed Yela, plus it was good enough to be a retail mixtape which sold like 5-6k first week before he was even a Shady artist. All 3 singles out of it splashed like an official album singles & caused attention crossover wise. That mixtape was great & had huge impact overall, not just like rhyme by rhyme or quality wise in general. I love TMR too but I can't put its singles against the ones of TM 'cuz they aren't even close. That would be ridiculous actually.

I mean like you said rhyme by rhyme or quality wise in general TMR could be better than anything before it but this is not the major point 'cuz in reality this mixtape didn't splash at all attention wise... unfortunately. If you are totally objective & look generally on the matter you can never put it against the original one 'cuz they aren't even in the same bracket if I gotta be honest.

We certainly loved & enjoyed it but but we're just the core fans... What about the music/hip-hop fans in general? The singles couldn't even splash enough so it'd be heard beyond.

I know it's a free mixtape & it was probably mostly for Yela's core fans but that still won't help him much in the bigger picture no matter how we the core fans loved it. After all he's an artist who does art/music for a living ya know. TMR just came & went if look generally on it so it is a missed opportunity for Yela to upgrade his status as an artist indeed.
I hate to say that but we the dedicated fans are the only ones who care about it... let alone the only ones who heard it or were even aware it came while it was totally different when the original came.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Fury » Apr 4th, '13, 18:01

TMR has already been downloaded more than TM.

And if you listen to the mixtape, and interviews, Yela is done with trying to make hit singles and "splashes". That will take care of itself. You and the reviewer missed the point of Trunk Muzik Returns.
Fury
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Apr 4th, '13, 23:27

Fury wrote:TMR has already been downloaded more than TM.

And if you listen to the mixtape, and interviews, Yela is done with trying to make hit singles and "splashes". That will take care of itself. You and the reviewer missed the point of Trunk Muzik Returns.

I think it's obvious you're the one missing the point.
TMR having more free downloads than TM doesn't mean anything as TM was actually a retail mixtape & was selling. No comparison... esp. if we count the singles too... F.A.S.T Ride & Way out did not do very good on YouTube & are stuck at about 400 000 plays while all 3 singles out off TM got in between 12-15 million plays. This is exceptional for non album singles actually.

Nobody stops doing hit singles or splashes on purpose... a lotta people just say that when they actually can't do it anymore. An artist that is on a major label but is ''done'' with trying to make hit singles & splashes sounds like a paradox right there. I mean it doesn't need to be like a pop record to splash... Pop the trunk is a hardcore record but still killed it.

I said I do love the mixtape but that doesn't mean I'll go totally deluded about.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Fury » Apr 4th, '13, 23:49

We're talking about Trunk Muzik, what got him signed. That was not retail. And it didn't have as many downloads.

If Yelawolf sold Trunk Muzik Returns, there's no doubt in my mind that would outsell Trunk Muzik 060 pretty easily.

Yelawolf catered to the powers that be to go the single route. Lots of artists don't go for the hit till they've had a strong fanbase. And isn't Trunk Muzik Returns an indication that he's gone that way? Doesn't that defeat your argument? You just said that the singles didn't turn heads, well then, what is it? He's proven that he's not going for "hits" or "pop records", and he's followed through. So maybe you need to reassess what you're arguing.
Fury
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Apr 5th, '13, 01:25

Fury wrote:We're talking about Trunk Muzik, what got him signed. That was not retail. And it didn't have as many downloads.
If Yelawolf sold Trunk Muzik Returns, there's no doubt in my mind that would outsell Trunk Muzik 060 pretty easily.
Yelawolf catered to the powers that be to go the single route. Lots of artists don't go for the hit till they've had a strong fanbase. And isn't Trunk Muzik Returns an indication that he's gone that way? Doesn't that defeat your argument? You just said that the singles didn't turn heads, well then, what is it? He's proven that he's not going for "hits" or "pop records", and he's followed through. So maybe you need to reassess what you're arguing.

Dude I wasn't trying to argue & I don't really get what you're saying cuz to me it feels like we're going in totally different directions with this discussion now... I mean I don't have a problem if you think this mixtape is better than Illmatic but you're obviously biased. I'll stop here 'cuz I do think only us the dedicated Yela fans care about this mixtape & it literally just came & went for the rest who even heard about it while for some reason you say that's normal or whatever. Anyway.. forget about it.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Records