The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Yelawolf Seems to Have Lost Artistic Creativity...

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Yelawolf Seems to Have Lost Artistic Creativity...

Postby EminemBase » May 11th, '13, 15:02

I'm just listening to some of his old mixtapes and... he used to create themes, stick to them, and be creative as fuck within his verses... seems like he's lost some of that and like Em, his content is beginning to focus too much around himself and his fame and label issues... and it's just becoming pure reality. But, I haven't listened to TMR yet, am about to. Hope it's as good as you all say...
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Re: Yelawolf Seems to Have Lost Artistic Creativity...

Postby Trimss » May 11th, '13, 15:05

EminemBase wrote:I'm just listening to some of his old mixtapes and... he used to create themes, stick to them, and be creative as fuck within his verses... seems like he's lost some of that and like Em, his content is beginning to focus too much around himself and his fame and label issues... and it's just becoming pure reality. But, I haven't listened to TMR yet, am about to. Hope it's as good as you all say...

It's true that his content is kinda.. personal, recently. But that's because he had a lot to say.. Anyway, we'll discuss this when you'll hear TMR. Everyone here liked it, and some of us even think it's his most complete album.

:y: Post your thoughts when you're done bumping it.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby EminemBase » May 11th, '13, 15:11

Trimss wrote:
EminemBase wrote:I'm just listening to some of his old mixtapes and... he used to create themes, stick to them, and be creative as fuck within his verses... seems like he's lost some of that and like Em, his content is beginning to focus too much around himself and his fame and label issues... and it's just becoming pure reality. But, I haven't listened to TMR yet, am about to. Hope it's as good as you all say...

It's true that his content is kinda.. personal, recently. But that's because he had a lot to say.. Anyway, we'll discuss this when you'll hear TMR. Everyone here liked it, and some of us even think it's his most complete album.

:y: Post your thoughts when you're done bumping it.

Will do man.

Didn't he use like WillPower or SupahHotBeats for the whole thing too? Which I like by the way... seems almost like TMR was a test-pilot for their Love Story agenda...

Everything he's said regarding Love Story and his psychology from now on gives me major hope and high expectations for LS. I'm expecting a classic, or near-classic...

Just bumping some more of his old shit, then on to TMR...
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Trimss » May 11th, '13, 15:18

Yeah, WillPower/SupaHotBeats (the same person) produced the whole tape. That's why it sounds really consistent and you feel that out of space vibe throughout the album.

It's dark, and personal at times. The production is amazing and Yelawolf is just.. on a league of his own. You might get disappointed (or surprised) by Box Chevy 4 at first, but it's because it's musically different from all the other Box Chevy songs. However, it's a grower and definitely different.

And yeah, Love Story will also have a consistent sound. That's what WillPower has been saying recently. They both worked on Love Story together and didn't want anyone involved but them. We'll see how it turns out, but I'm expecting something at least as good as TMR.

WillPower wrote:Listening to my werk from the last five months. One vibe, one album. Very pleased. #lovestory
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby LK5 » May 11th, '13, 15:32

Man you missed a lot by not listening to TMR
LK5
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fury » May 11th, '13, 17:00

There's your problem.
Fury
Soldier
Soldier

Postby momentsgolden » May 11th, '13, 17:15

Your theme problem may not be answered though. I feel like he did lose the creativity on the lyrical theme side of the music but he still has it in bucketloads on the style front. First half of radioactive, Slumdon Bridge, Physco White, TMR.... Production, hooks, delivery, and the overal way he approaches his music is still quite fresh and original
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby momentsgolden » May 11th, '13, 17:15

Your theme problem may not be answered though. I feel like he did lose the creativity on the lyrical theme side of the music but he still has it in bucketloads on the style front. First half of radioactive, Slumdon Bridge, Physco White, TMR.... Production, hooks, delivery, and the overal way he approaches his music is still quite fresh and original
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » May 11th, '13, 17:17

Alright so... I'm listening to it over and over right now, I'm on about my 4th listen... now... I am a bit drunk but quite obviously the stand-out tracks are "Catfish Billy" and "Tennesse Love" as has been stated by others...

I think I prefer "Catfish Billy" as I just love badass melodic, hardcore rapping but, the hook of TL is awesome...

All in all, he's definitely back on-form and I can totally understand how you could say this is his most complete album; it definitely has a unified sound, but, I need a few more deep listens in order to form my true perspective on it, but, it's pretty much a positive one for sure...

If he takes the 'unified mindset' of TMR and creativity of past and new for Love Story... we could definitely have a classic on our hands. PS. the beard is awesome. Come on 'Wolf, pull through man.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Snakebeast » May 11th, '13, 17:56

Listen to TMR. It is fucking hype as shit.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby EminemBase » May 12th, '13, 05:54

Snake897 wrote:Listen to TMR. It is fucking hype as shit.

Snake is awesome; MGS is the most brilliant game ever.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Chet Starr » May 12th, '13, 09:23

EminemBase wrote:
Snake897 wrote:Listen to TMR. It is fucking hype as shit.

Snake is awesome; MGS is the most brilliant game ever.

Amen to that

& tmr
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby cheeseburger » May 12th, '13, 09:39

At first you feel like "what the fuck is this" with Box Chevy 4. But as soon as you realise this project is more Willpower and Yealwolf than Yelawolf, produced by Willpower you suddenly love that song. When that chorus melody hits, I just go crazy doing all kinds of sounds with my mouth, jamming along.

Favorite songs for me is
Catfish billy
Tennesse love
Firestarter
Way out
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » May 12th, '13, 10:20

cheeseburger wrote:At first you feel like "what the fuck is this" with Box Chevy 4. But as soon as you realise this project is more Willpower and Yealwolf than Yelawolf, produced by Willpower you suddenly love that song. When that chorus melody hits, I just go crazy doing all kinds of sounds with my mouth, jamming along.

Favorite songs for me is
Catfish billy
Tennesse love
Firestarter
Way out

Nah I actually didn't think that with BC4, I liked it, it stood out.

Ima listen again to TMR right through again now, as I stuff my face with Domino's.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Francesco » May 12th, '13, 12:13

EminemBase wrote:
cheeseburger wrote:At first you feel like "what the fuck is this" with Box Chevy 4. But as soon as you realise this project is more Willpower and Yealwolf than Yelawolf, produced by Willpower you suddenly love that song. When that chorus melody hits, I just go crazy doing all kinds of sounds with my mouth, jamming along.
Favorite songs for me is
Catfish billy
Tennesse love
Firestarter
Way out

Nah I actually didn't think that with BC4, I liked it, it stood out.
Ima listen again to TMR right through again now, as I stuff my face with Domino's.

Box Chevy 4 is nice... it stood out for me too from the very first listen. If anything it is what it is on purpose.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Next

Return to Shady Records