The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New Yelawolf Interview

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Re: New Yelawolf Interview

Postby cheeseburger » Jul 2nd, '13, 17:24

Great find!

Yelawolf wrote:YelaWolf’s presence on record has always been striking but, having been allowed additional artistic freedom, he suggests he’s surpassed the honest clarity of his previous work.

"I don't how to explain it, it's just me. Except for Trunk Muzik Returns, this will be the first time people hear me just untamed, untainted.”

:worship: :worship:
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TonyTilt » Jul 2nd, '13, 18:07

I'M SO EXCITED!
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby cheeseburger » Jul 2nd, '13, 18:21

“There was a lot of hands in on Radioactive, a lot of pre-written hooks, a lot of pre-produced records, which I was willing to try. I was just being a team player, but I saw what worked for me and what didn't work for me. I thought it would be best to be left alone, so that's what happened with Love Story. I had free range to do what I want to do instead of what someone else wants me to do."

Glad to see he isnt afraid to speak of this still. Means he doesnt give a fuck.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Jul 2nd, '13, 18:54

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=161639 Yela is already going reveal his cover art so I doubt his album will come out afterwards. I'm sure Em already heard it and said what he feels tbh.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Rafael » Jul 2nd, '13, 19:17

I came again tbh
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Trimss » Jul 2nd, '13, 19:32

Okay fuck you all. Yelawolf is my favorite artist ever. More hyped about this than Em's album, and that's official. Eminem will drop a dope album, no doubt.. But Yela is about to drop a timeless classic.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Trimss » Jul 2nd, '13, 20:27

Lol.. Inb4YeladropanEncore
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby EminemBase » Jul 2nd, '13, 23:15

Nice. I hope Em's been hearing or seeing some of the things Yela has said, as he could learn a few things about artistic integrity from Yela lately. Wish Em would follow his lead.

Yela is saying / doing all this and he's new, unestablished... Em has even more leeway / even less need for any label support, I hope to fuck his new album isn't compromised.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Snakebeast » Jul 2nd, '13, 23:27

Trimss wrote:Lol.. Inb4YeladropanEncore

Radioactive was his Encore, bruh.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby EminemBase » Jul 2nd, '13, 23:33

Snake897 wrote:

Wouldn't go dat far doe.

Def a disappointing debut, and inconsistent, but not like an abysmal album.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Snakebeast » Jul 2nd, '13, 23:37

EminemBase wrote:
Snake897 wrote:

Wouldn't go dat far doe.

Def a disappointing debut, and inconsistent, but not like an abysmal album.

Not, it was definitely bad. Had some FANTASTIC shit on there i.e. Growing Up In The Gutter, MAYBE Radioactive Introduction. But everything else ranges from meh to god awful.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby EminemBase » Jul 2nd, '13, 23:54

Snake897 wrote:Not, it was definitely bad. Had some FANTASTIC shit on there i.e. Growing Up In The Gutter, MAYBE Radioactive Introduction. But everything else ranges from meh to god awful.

I'd say the intro, "Get Away", "Let's Roll", "Hard White", "Growin' Up in the Gutter", "Made in the USA", "Animal", "Everything I Love the Most" and "Radio" are all good.

Just the others which fuck it up for me.

and "Hard Whire" and "Animal" and all these tracks are obviously compromised / attempts, but he pulls them off IMO, it's only everything else I find shit, boring or bad.

But overall my biggest problem is the lack of consistency / overall sound, and the lack of innovation.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Trimss » Jul 2nd, '13, 23:55

And The Last Song is dope too.
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby EminemBase » Jul 2nd, '13, 23:58

Trimss wrote:And The Last Song is dope too.

Meh, I find it boring.

I always find straight up introspection boring though, has to have some fire to it.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Snakebeast » Jul 3rd, '13, 00:01

EminemBase wrote:
Snake897 wrote:Not, it was definitely bad. Had some FANTASTIC shit on there i.e. Growing Up In The Gutter, MAYBE Radioactive Introduction. But everything else ranges from meh to god awful.

I'd say the intro, "Get Away", "Let's Roll", "Hard White", "Growin' Up in the Gutter", "Made in the USA", "Animal", "Everything I Love the Most" and "Radio" are all good.

Just the others which fuck it up for me.

and "Hard Whire" and "Animal" and all these tracks are obviously compromised / attempts, but he pulls them off IMO, it's only everything else I find shit, boring or bad.

But overall my biggest problem is the lack of consistency / overall sound, and the lack of innovation.

Forgot about Hard White, which is actually good. I thought it worked for Yela. A bit different, but it still worked. Yela's flow on Animal was good, everything else was shit. Get Away was ruined by the features, Let's Roll was atrocious, Made in the USA was once again ruined, this time by a boring singer on the fantastically written hook and short verses from Yela (his specialty lies in him going into detail). Everything I Love the Most was meh, since it wasn't really a Yela-esque song, but it's kind of relaxing and laid back, so I'll give it a pass. Radio had good singing, but oh my god that shit is NOT Yelawolf. Would've been a good radio single though tbh. Write Your Name gives a good feeling, even though it's really kind of stupid.

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Next

Return to Shady Records