The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

I wouldn't mind... (Regarding Love Story)

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

I wouldn't mind... (Regarding Love Story)

Postby Rafael » Sep 15th, '13, 12:31

At least one radio-friendly song on Love Story, and before you rip me to shreds, listen.

Yela needs at least one crossover, appealing radio song for LS, interscope wouldn't put out the album without one, but I think he can completely pull it off. I don't want some pop pop POP song like we got on Radioactive, but something that fits the album's sound and keeps it consistent, yet is appealing enough to enter the pop charts and get his name out there to the mainstream. In fact, that is what I think he is doing right now by working with Jim Jonsin on the album. He called up Jim because he needs that crossover sound that Jim brings to the table. And plus Yela is smart :shifty: He made more than song with Jim because he knows that Jim and WillPower have two completely different sounds, so THAT'S why he's made more than one song with Jim. So this "radio-friendly" song doesn't throw off the album.
Let's see how this would look.

Track 1. WillPower
Track 2. WillPower
Track 3. WillPower
Track 4. WillPower
Track 5. Jim Jonsin
Track 6. WillPower

SeeWhatIMean?? It would throw off the album's sound. So THAT'S why Yela is making more than one track with Jim, so this radio song fits. But the question is, what will we get with this radio song?

One perfect example of what I want is Tennessee Love. Can you fucking imagine the waves this song would have created if it was on the radio?!? Its not at all compromising TMR's sound and its not compromising HIS sound. Yet, it's an amazing song that has all the mainstream appeal that it needs to be an incredible hit.

Now, I'm confident that Yela will shit out the most perfect, non-compromising radio song of all time, but it wouldn't do shit if Interscope drops the fucking ball and doesn't promote it :shakehead: Its all relying on the label now people.

Or Yela just couldn't make a radio song and all this typing I've done is useless. Just thoughts of the mad man N-R-G has turned into.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Re: I wouldn't mind... (Regarding Love Story)

Postby Trey » Sep 15th, '13, 23:06

Anything like Tennessee Love would be spectacular. Man, that's a great song.
www.reddit.com/r/slumerican
http://www.reddit.com/r/slumerican

Trey Cox Graphics • facebook.com/treycox1 • @treycox57 • #EMINEM #MMLP2 #SHADYXV #YELAWOLF #LOVESTORY
Trey
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Shady Records