The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminem is the fucking WOAT

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Re: Eminem is the fucking WOAT

Postby crizz_jcky95 » Nov 6th, '13, 01:43

Menzo wrote:Em isn't in charge of the marketing...

Still, he ain't doing anything to help/promote Yela, no features, Yela got 5 seconds on "Berzerk Video", and he ain't gonna be on the BET Rap City, at least that's what i heard...
So yeah, Em's been a bitch with Yelawolf...
So RadioActive, had a couple of radio attempts
But I don't wanna be RadioActive anymore now
Than I wanna jump off a cliff
crizz_jcky95
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TruthSerum813 » Nov 10th, '13, 05:26

Neither of these acts are really going anywhere in the mainstream, if Shady was a smart label they'd drop both of them and start over.

Yela himself would be better off at one of those established Independent labels like Strange or Rhymesayers or somewhere like that, because the fanbase he has now is all he is ever going to have and on an Indy he'd keep a bigger percentage of the money.
TruthSerum813
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby sneakerheadshady » Nov 14th, '13, 02:19

saw the thread title, was worried, opened it, was relieved.

tbh i dont know much yela, i cant really discuss on this. buhbye
#Silver #Rolly #bigray #Pain #flamez #charlotte #Hage #Samantha #guilty #eedee #horsefam #snake #raul #EG
horse wrote:You’ll never go gold, that’s why you’re just silver

Sneakerheads check out the sneaker thread!
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=164272&start=15
sneakerheadshady
Role Model
Role Model

Postby nicknem » Nov 18th, '13, 10:24

N-R-G wrote:Yela did 41k on his first week and Slaughterhouse did 52k first week, but Yela stopped selling at around 200k, as compared to SH who stopped selling somewhere around 160k.

So yes. Yelawolf has sold the most out of Shady 2.0, yet the label gives him the worst marketing by far.

Damn even Booba in France sells more the first week.

65 M people...

Shady Records are killing it!!
nicknem
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby nicknem » Nov 18th, '13, 10:26

Riis wrote:Slaughterhouse has sold more than Yelawolf.

Also, it is much easier to promote a group of 4 lyrically gifted MC's than a, well, strange white boy from the south with a southern accent. Slaughterhouse has a higher ceiling of success, and I think that is they didn't flop so bad on WTOH then they would have been much more successful as far as sales and popularity go.

I don't think Em' would see it like this. He knows that it would have been easier for Dre to produce antoher black gangsta back in the days. But Dre took the risk and produced Eminem, and it worked because people were expecting something new and different.

Yelawolf only needs a good mentor. Send him Dre and put him in a studio for 6 months.

EMERALD!!
nicknem
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Shady Records