The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Yelawolf Puts His Confederate Flag Collection On Display

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Yelawolf Puts His Confederate Flag Collection On Display

Postby Francesco » Jan 10th, '14, 02:50

Yelawolf Puts His Confederate Flag Collection On Display. Offensive Or Proud Symbol Of His Heritage?

Nice read (old), photos & some small bit of an interview (old). Sorry if that's been posted already in some of the other Yela threads.

It definitely worth it though...

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/ ... on-display

Controversy.
Last edited by Francesco on Jan 10th, '14, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Re: Yelawolf Puts His Confederate Flag Collection On Display

Postby Rafael » Jan 10th, '14, 03:27

Controversy whew

Love Story finna sell a milli
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Mr Change » Jan 10th, '14, 04:00

Miller wrote:Crooked I on Twitter.
I'm all for the evolution of Hip Hop on many levels but I'll never be with this new wave of confederate flags. Never.

Maybe talking about this?

Shots fired

/whew
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Atone » Jan 10th, '14, 04:07

I've never found the confederate flag to be offensive at all, my dad used to have one that covered our entire ceiling in the living room, this, at the time, i was maybe 8, and was always surrounded by his biker family, people i consider aunts and uncles because of how much they been in my life.

the confederate flag is not a Offensive flag at all, it's a flag that represents apart of home for most people, sure, hundreds of years ago, the confederates had racist logics, but then again, so does alot of other countries and cultures.

Should i find the Japanese flag offensive become many years ago Japan bombed pearl harbor?
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fury » Jan 10th, '14, 07:03

Atone wrote:I've never found the confederate flag to be offensive at all, my dad used to have one that covered our entire ceiling in the living room, this, at the time, i was maybe 8, and was always surrounded by his biker family, people i consider aunts and uncles because of how much they been in my life.

the confederate flag is not a Offensive flag at all, it's a flag that represents apart of home for most people, sure, hundreds of years ago, the confederates had racist logics, but then again, so does alot of other countries and cultures.

Should i find the Japanese flag offensive become many years ago Japan bombed pearl harbor?

The difference is that the Japanese flag doesn't represent bombings. It represents a nation. What is that nation about? The south had a problem with the union in part because of slavery. And the confederate flag somewhat represents slavery because that is one of the reasons they wanted to secede. The flag represents secession and one of the tenets was slavery.

I get where Yelawolf is coming from, but it is a little offensive.
Fury
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Jan 10th, '14, 10:13

Love Story better be good.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Francesco » Jan 10th, '14, 14:17

Hopefully that will not backfire...
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby The Shady Virus » Jan 10th, '14, 18:06

Damn, he fucked up. I don't really know what to say. It personally doesn't bother me but I know how much of a sensitive subject it is...and when you are in the public eye and making music in a genre that is mostly black, you should know what you should and shouldn't avoid.

As a white fan of yelawolf, I cannot support him on this one. The south fucking lost...time to let the fucking flag go. Where I'm from, the only people fucking with that flag are racists and ignorant rednecks. I just don't understand why people still want to bring that flag up knowing how people feel about it.
The Shady Virus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby mdemaz » Jan 13th, '14, 04:00

were gonna have a white trash partay
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 13th, '14, 15:54

Aone10 wrote:This is a huge L for Yela.....

I know he's proud of being southern and all that, but so is every rapper from the south.... and you don't see them waving the confederate flag around. There is a reason only white people still use that flag today... :facepalm

Research the reasons why the South seceded from the North and ALL of it revolves around slavery.

You have ignorant fucks that'll tell you, "It's about state rights". What state rights exactly? The right to be able to take your property (slaves) anywhere you wanted to.... at that time, laws in the north recognized anyone as a free citizen, you couldn't be a southerner and bring your slaves to the north, as they were identified as free people and protected by state laws once they crossed the border into a slave free state.

Another issue between the North and South was sectionalism. By the 1850's, the north and south were 2 different worlds. The north was economically prospering through industrialization, while movement of the south's economy was still dependent on slave labor and the production of cotton. As demand grew for cotton, the cost of slaves sky rocketed. The southerners blamed this on the north. There were also cultural differences that caused issues, the main obviously being the north granting slaves freedom. This caused many slaves to either escape north or revolt, which only angered the whites further more and made their stance against abolition much stronger.

There were other issues going on as well, but that's the root cause of it all.... slavery. You can try to paint it another way... but it all leads to slavery.

Therefore, Yelawolf is in the wrong here. I don't think Yela is racist, as he has a long history of working with blacks and being affiliated with them.... so he's just coming off as an ignorant redneck tbh.

Well, thats exactly what he is lol. :laughing:
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Jan 13th, '14, 16:46

I posted this exactly 'cuz I believe Yela isn't a racist & has never come as one & most of it 'cuz of what he said about the way he feels when white rappers use the N word... I mean this is definitely controversial & make some bad impression but weird enough he could be proud of his heritage without been a racist considering his origin. It doesn't fully makes sense to me either but it is what it is.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Trimss » Jan 13th, '14, 16:50

But was slavery really all that bad? :shifty:
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 13th, '14, 16:52

I dont see the problem with sporting the flag. Of course my opinion isn't that heavy since Im a damn European and don't know shit about this, but still. I think that at the very least its good to keep bad memories alive so that people wont forget their history. Yela´s got native American blood in him, which would make him very understanding of this situation lol. Hes probably got very personal reasons using the flag.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Jan 13th, '14, 17:47

Goddamn redneck, next time we see him he's fishing for catfish with his bare hands :laughing:
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rafael » Jan 13th, '14, 17:55

Aone10 wrote:Sporting a confederate flag in America is like sporting a Nazi flag in Germany tbh.

No.. Its not. Down here in the south, its not even viewed as a "Conferderate flag" it is a DIXIE Flag. They were here long before the civil war started, the Conferderate states adopted the Dixie flag as their flag, but it doesn't represent racism in any which way, several state flags have Dixie flag on them. Saying it represents racism is as stereotypical as saying all rednecks are inbred, and even comparing it to the Nazi flag is complete and utter ignorance and a complete misunderstanding of what it represents, which is the pride of growing up in the southern Dixie states.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Next

Return to Shady Records