The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Yelawolf and the Dixie flag

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Re: Yelawolf and the Dixie flag

Postby AbramIsaac » Feb 5th, '14, 18:47

That Dixie Flag is a very ballsy move for Yelawolf.

At the end of the day though, the people that fought and died in that war in the south didn't own slaves, and were protecting their homes from an army with a sense of moral superiority--a very dangerous thing, no doubt. Now the Confederate Flag (somewhat understandably) represents a pro slavery position to those who don't identify with it, and to those that do, it represents the culture and independence of the American South...which unfortunately has been lost and distorted in many ways.

I'm from a state that fought on both sides, and my perception of the Confederate Flag has changed some over the last few years. I don't think I'd feel comfortable rocking it, myself. I hope Yelawolf will be able to properly articulate his views on the subject when he is confronted about it during the next album cycle.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby King Bullet » Feb 6th, '14, 00:38

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

In this post Yela clearly said what the Dixie flag represents to him and it's just about everything the OP said,only shorter. :) :happy:
At least I know that I don't know...question is: are you bozos smart enough to feel stupid?!-hope so!!!
King Bullet
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby AbramIsaac » Feb 6th, '14, 02:00

King Bullet wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152218868024603&set=a.10150299485859603.382054.270715249602&type=1&theater

In this post Yela clearly said what the Dixie flag represents to him and it's just about everything the OP said,only shorter. :) :happy:

It's a great post, but says nothing about the flag other than it being a part of his culture. He didn't really elaborate beyond that, if we're talking about his Southern roots and the Dixie flag.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Return to Shady Records