The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Country Cousins still coming out. God knows when.

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Re: Country Cousins still coming out. God knows when.

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 26th, '14, 16:59

The Shady Virus wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:Sorry but having a rock influence to records doesn't make it commercial moron. Yelawolf is doing the exact opposite of trying to be commercial and stay true to his art by not compromising his work to please a specific audience.

No need for name calling. Commercial = Radioactive, Rock = DJ Paul project and Travis Barker Project. I agree, the rock stuff is completely the opposite of commercial, and I don't recall ever saying it was aimed towards commercial appeal.

Look, all I am saying is I got my hopes up for Radioactive and was let down (Same complaint as Slaughterhouse). Why would I get my hopes up for his next one? I don't see what the big deal is with that logic. How can any of you be sure that there isn't going to be more commercial bullshit on his new album?

lol god that logic is absolutely ridiculous, you got to be mentally challenged to think that way.

Anyway Yelawolf isn't aiming to get mainstream appeal, he doesn't want to make radio hits anymore, he doesn't want to compromise his art. If you even payed any attention to the lyrics on Rhyme Room you'd have a better sense on his feelings when it comes to to Radioactive and his approach on his future work;

"So radioactive, had a couple of radio attempts
But I don't wanna be radioactive anymore now
Than I wanna jump off a cliff
This I promise..."

Not only that but Yelawolf has requested to have full artistic control of this album and he got it so that means the label won't be overlooking this album and they won't push him to do something he doesn't want to do. Which is a great sign.

Also Willpower will handle most of the production so it'll be very cohesive and have a bit of the trunk muzik feel. On Radioactive there was a lot of different producers and that wasn't such a good idea.

Yelawolf has been thinking and working on this for a very long time and it means a lot to him. This is why all the hype is behind this project.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby The Shady Virus » Feb 26th, '14, 17:19

I will believe it when is comes out and I hear it. I know how the labels are and thats why I have my doubts. It wouldn't be the first time an artist said that they had full creative control and then the label jumps in and says we won't release this until it has more "hits". 50 cent couldn't get an album out thru the same label to save his life.
The Shady Virus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 26th, '14, 17:25

christ, you're an imbecile

If you truly believe that about labels then that should go for every artist not just Yelawolf.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby The Shady Virus » Feb 26th, '14, 21:17

LOL it is a BUSINESS. Most the artists out here are puppets who are pressured into making certain types of records.

Why do you think albums get shelved?

This is facts only.

Yela may be the exception, and for your sake I hope he is because you are clearly obsessed and in denial of how the music business operates.
The Shady Virus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 26th, '14, 21:23

The Shady Virus wrote:LOL it is a BUSINESS. Most the artists out here are puppets who are pressured into making certain types of records.

Why do you think albums get shelved?

This is facts only.

Yela may be the exception, and for your sake I hope he is because you are clearly obsessed and in denial of how the music business operates.

I stated facts that counter that logic though why can't you get a grip of that. It's like I'm arguing with a brick wall. Read what I said and try to process what I'm telling you, simpleton.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Rafael » Feb 26th, '14, 22:53

50 wanted Eminem-level promotion. And that's never going to happen again.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Previous

Return to Shady Records