The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Country Cousins still coming out. God knows when.

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Country Cousins still coming out. God knows when.

Postby OMEGA » Feb 24th, '14, 06:00

Fuck my life. I want this to be out now.

Justin: Another project that’s been discussed is Country Cousins with Yelawolf and we don’t really know the status on that one right now. Is that still on the table?
KRIT: Man, we gonna figure it out. Me and the homie Yelawolf always seem to tour a lot and work a lot. A lot of it is a timing thing, and so lord willing if it happens, it’s going down. And if it don’t, we’re gonna figure out how to make it happen later on in life.

http://www.kevinnottingham.com/2014/02/ ... l-project/
OMEGA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Country Cousins still coming out. God knows when.

Postby Francesco » Feb 24th, '14, 14:33

Great... :y: At some point I wanted it more than Love Story to be honest.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby The Shady Virus » Feb 24th, '14, 15:51

Still waiting on this and the Cole x Kendrick project...

TBH, I would rather have these 2 albums over a solo project next from any of them.
The Shady Virus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby cement » Feb 24th, '14, 15:53

The Shady Virus wrote:Still waiting on this and the Cole x Kendrick project...

TBH, I would rather have these 2 albums over a solo project next from any of them.

would rather have a solo kendrick or yelawolf album tbh, but im not that familiar with krit though and just not a really big j cole fan
NIGGAGANG: takeover 2014.
GANG:
Rollef$en, €anadaPure, Blog$ Mcgoo$h, $atan, €harlotte, Never_€nough, Tru€ Wiz, €xcitaz, D€rdyPK, Th€VipBro, N-R-G, md€maz, €€D€€, $nakebeast (FULL MEMBER), HotDawg, Pudding, Aton€, Mistah €vil, Jo$himura
R.I.P. to my homeboy £I£BuffDa[OG], we done lost you on the streets but you aint forgotten hombre.
SNITCH:
Stanbase
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=170027
#FUCKJABBA
cement
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TonyTilt » Feb 24th, '14, 18:30

This sucks now though, it's just being put on the backburner.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby OMEGA » Feb 24th, '14, 19:21

The Shady Virus wrote:Still waiting on this and the Cole x Kendrick project...

I don't think that's coming anymore. lol. Wasn't Cole pissed at Kendrick for the Control verse?
OMEGA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 24th, '14, 19:42

Funny, Rolly and I were taking about this a few days back. I hope we do get it one day.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby The Shady Virus » Feb 24th, '14, 20:31

OMEGA wrote:I don't think that's coming anymore. lol. Wasn't Cole pissed at Kendrick for the Control verse?

Not sure if it's coming, but as far as I know Cole and Kendrick are still cool. Cole brought him out at his Madison Square Garden Show in late January on Cole's birthday and reportedly celebrated with Cole. I think they both just toured with EM in Australia also.

cement wrote:would rather have a solo kendrick or yelawolf album tbh, but im not that familiar with krit though and just not a really big j cole fan

After Radioactive, I'm not really excited for the second album. Krit's production is on point and I think him and Yela linking up would be a guaranteed classic...where as Love Story might end up being another fail.

There are a couple Cole x Kendrick songs that Kendrick previewed a while back called Temptation and Shock the World. Both can be found on youtube and sound like they have potential. Also, Cole produced Hii Power...so I think Kendrick and Cole getting together for an entire project with mostly Cole production could be amazing.
The Shady Virus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 24th, '14, 20:35

The Shady Virus wrote:
OMEGA wrote:I don't think that's coming anymore. lol. Wasn't Cole pissed at Kendrick for the Control verse?

Not sure if it's coming, but as far as I know Cole and Kendrick are still cool. Cole brought him out at his Madison Square Garden Show in late January on Cole's birthday and reportedly celebrated with Cole. I think they both just toured with EM in Australia also.

cement wrote:would rather have a solo kendrick or yelawolf album tbh, but im not that familiar with krit though and just not a really big j cole fan

After Radioactive, I'm not really excited for the second album. Krit's production is on point and I think him and Yela linking up would be a guaranteed classic...where as Love Story might end up being another fail.

There are a couple Cole x Kendrick songs that Kendrick previewed a while back called Temptation and Shock the World. Both can be found on youtube and sound like they have potential. Also, Cole produced Hii Power...so I think Kendrick and Cole getting together for an entire project with mostly Cole production could be amazing.

LOLWUT, you can't be serious about the Yelawolf shit you just said.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby cement » Feb 24th, '14, 20:58

The Shady Virus wrote:

im sure yelawolfs album will not be aimed towards commercial succes like radioactive was and with his recent music im sure he will deliver with love story.

i liked the jcole x kendrick songs and previews but would still rather have a solo k. dot album.

But of course both of these collabo albums are more than welcome
NIGGAGANG: takeover 2014.
GANG:
Rollef$en, €anadaPure, Blog$ Mcgoo$h, $atan, €harlotte, Never_€nough, Tru€ Wiz, €xcitaz, D€rdyPK, Th€VipBro, N-R-G, md€maz, €€D€€, $nakebeast (FULL MEMBER), HotDawg, Pudding, Aton€, Mistah €vil, Jo$himura
R.I.P. to my homeboy £I£BuffDa[OG], we done lost you on the streets but you aint forgotten hombre.
SNITCH:
Stanbase
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=170027
#FUCKJABBA
cement
Soldier
Soldier

Postby The Shady Virus » Feb 25th, '14, 14:55

Rollefsen wrote:This.

Shady Virus, have you followed Yelawolf at all since 2011? :s

Yes, I follow everything he does and I go to his shows when he is in town. The only thing I'm fucking with since 2011 is TMR...I could care less about the Rock Influenced music he has been creating and putting out...I don't mess with DJ Paul, Travis Barker, or Ed Sheeran, and I don't like most the songs others like from him either (Tennessee Love is a good example of a song I think is lame but everyone seems to praise). Yela has the weakest discography out of Cole, Krit, and Kendrick IMO as well. Out of those 4, he is the only one who has disappointed me. He just isn't consistent for me...so I would be a moron to get my hopes up for his next album. Will I still buy it the day it comes out? YES.
The Shady Virus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby The Shady Virus » Feb 25th, '14, 16:09

Rollefsen wrote:If you dislike basically everything he has given out since 2010, Yelawolf OBVIOUSLY isnt for you.

I love rap music...songs like 1 train, Rhyme Room, Hustle, Box Chevy 3, etc. where he is rapping his ass off and flowing. I don't see how not liking his commercial garbage and Rock songs makes him "not for me", especially since mostly everything he has done these last couple years has been manufactured for commercial appeal, conceptual, or side projects. The Trunk Musik series is phenomenal. Radioactive has a couple bangers too (Get Away, Hard White, Animal, The Last Song).

Just because I don't like 808's and Heartbreaks and Yeezus does't mean Kanye isn't for me. I didn't enjoy Relapse very much, but that doesn't mean Em isn't for me. Didn't like Nas with his Damien Marley Stuff and Hip Hop is dead era, but didn't mean Nas wasn't for me.

Sorry but your logic doesn't make sense to me...I don't have to agree and like everything an artist puts out.
The Shady Virus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 25th, '14, 16:23

The Shady Virus wrote:
Rollefsen wrote:If you dislike basically everything he has given out since 2010, Yelawolf OBVIOUSLY isnt for you.

I love rap music...songs like 1 train, Rhyme Room, Hustle, Box Chevy 3, etc. where he is rapping his ass off and flowing. I don't see how not liking his commercial garbage and Rock songs makes him "not for me", especially since mostly everything he has done these last couple years has been manufactured for commercial appeal, conceptual, or side projects. The Trunk Musik series is phenomenal. Radioactive has a couple bangers too (Get Away, Hard White, Animal, The Last Song).

Just because I don't like 808's and Heartbreaks and Yeezus does't mean Kanye isn't for me. I didn't enjoy Relapse very much, but that doesn't mean Em isn't for me. Didn't like Nas with his Damien Marley Stuff and Hip Hop is dead era, but didn't mean Nas wasn't for me.

Sorry but your logic doesn't make sense to me...I don't have to agree and like everything an artist puts out.

Sorry but having a rock influence to records doesn't make it commercial moron. Yelawolf is doing the exact opposite of trying to be commercial and stay true to his art by not compromising his work to please a specific audience.

Not to mention he's improved drastically since the original. You either have a hard time understanding his music or just have no idea what you're talking about.

It literally sounds like you're discribing Cole. He has net dropped anything solid since his mixtapes. Dude is making radio mainstream appealing trash.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby TonyTilt » Feb 25th, '14, 16:39

Yelawolf is the best, sooooo yeah.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby The Shady Virus » Feb 26th, '14, 14:36

PAINKILLƎR wrote:Sorry but having a rock influence to records doesn't make it commercial moron. Yelawolf is doing the exact opposite of trying to be commercial and stay true to his art by not compromising his work to please a specific audience.

No need for name calling. Commercial = Radioactive, Rock = DJ Paul project and Travis Barker Project. I agree, the rock stuff is completely the opposite of commercial, and I don't recall ever saying it was aimed towards commercial appeal.

Look, all I am saying is I got my hopes up for Radioactive and was let down (Same complaint as Slaughterhouse). Why would I get my hopes up for his next one? I don't see what the big deal is with that logic. How can any of you be sure that there isn't going to be more commercial bullshit on his new album?
The Shady Virus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Next

Return to Shady Records