The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Box Chevy 5 Music Video (ITS OUT)

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Re: Box Chevy 5 Music Video (ITS OUT)

Postby Shady-Yo » Apr 8th, '14, 14:23

EminemBase wrote:Pretty awesome fucking video...

This feels authentic, it sounds authentic, it looks authentic - and you can immediately sense Yela is happy and proud of what he's rapping and the music he's showing us in comparison to trying to be something he's not before.

Em definitely scooped up a unique son of a fuck in Yela too - just his look, his story, his sound; everything about him is extremely odd and different from what has come before. I mean - you could argue he sounds like a hick Outkast, sorta, but there's way too much density and abrasive switches in his style and thoughts to just be that. And his look and heart, and story, makes him feel like a Cobain-esque legendy kinda old-school rock star.

I'm HOPING for a classic, and this visual seems to imply there's more chance than ever, for me. It's confident in its simplicity, yet very stark colours and camera style; it feels crafted yet stripped, it's all on-point.

And the video improved the song too.

Looking the fuck forward to LS. C'mon Yela, fucking make that classic maiyne.

THANK FUCK He saw sense and saw the light before it was too late. He's already in his 30s, and he would have blown it forever if he didn't renounce his compromise and come back with a slew of amazing records to give legitimacy to his claim that - that ain't ever happening again, it was a one off attempt.

So rare that you would normally see an artist of his caliber even flip to that degree for one and not make their BOOM impact that they should (he should be one classic in already), let alone to do a 360 flip back to true art and not fall in to a slump of trying to just exploit the little juice he got from the fake shit.

Love Story: classic incoming.

:o FUCK, now I'm even more excited than I was after watching this video.
Shady-Yo
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Shady-Yo » Apr 8th, '14, 19:27

Menzo wrote:Yeah I actually really like the isolated feel of the video.

Yeah. That's one of the reasons why I love "Way Out" video. Plus I love horror movies :wub:
Shady-Yo
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Francesco » Apr 9th, '14, 14:23

Great video... :worship: That old Chevy is awesome.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby TonyTilt » Apr 9th, '14, 16:36

EminemBase wrote:Pretty awesome fucking video...

This feels authentic, it sounds authentic, it looks authentic - and you can immediately sense Yela is happy and proud of what he's rapping and the music he's showing us in comparison to trying to be something he's not before.

Em definitely scooped up a unique son of a fuck in Yela too - just his look, his story, his sound; everything about him is extremely odd and different from what has come before. I mean - you could argue he sounds like a hick Outkast, sorta, but there's way too much density and abrasive switches in his style and thoughts to just be that. And his look and heart, and story, makes him feel like a Cobain-esque legendy kinda old-school rock star.

I'm HOPING for a classic, and this visual seems to imply there's more chance than ever, for me. It's confident in its simplicity, yet very stark colours and camera style; it feels crafted yet stripped, it's all on-point.

And the video improved the song too.

Looking the fuck forward to LS. C'mon Yela, fucking make that classic maiyne.

THANK FUCK He saw sense and saw the light before it was too late. He's already in his 30s, and he would have blown it forever if he didn't renounce his compromise and come back with a slew of amazing records to give legitimacy to his claim that - that ain't ever happening again, it was a one off attempt.

So rare that you would normally see an artist of his caliber even flip to that degree for one and not make their BOOM impact that they should (he should be one classic in already), let alone to do a 360 flip back to true art and not fall in to a slump of trying to just exploit the little juice he got from the fake shit.

Love Story: classic incoming.

Couldn't have been said any better :smoking:

I hope the fucking album doesn't get delayed, I need it.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Francesco » Apr 17th, '14, 14:11

It's been slept on to be honest...
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Previous

Return to Shady Records