The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New Yelawolf Interview

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

New Yelawolf Interview

Postby sergei » Apr 26th, '14, 18:35

sergei
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: New Yelawolf Interview

Postby Rafael » Apr 26th, '14, 19:09

He's sitting on 25 tracks.... damn, shame only about 16 or 17 will make the album.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Rafael » Apr 26th, '14, 19:16

I just hope they add to the album instead of taking away from it

*cough*MMLP2*cough*
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Jaba » Apr 26th, '14, 19:17

I hope we get another Em/Yelawolf song again that means something instead of talking about a random ho. Super excited! Any news on the release date?
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Apr 26th, '14, 20:01

Revolutionary wrote:Is he high or something? :laughing:
It's either that or he's trying not to confirm an Em feature, it was very awkward at the end and he just said "fully involved, it's gonna be dope man".
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cement » Apr 27th, '14, 01:17

he should change his name to swaggawolf, preferably $waggawolf
NIGGAGANG: takeover 2014.
GANG:
Rollef$en, €anadaPure, Blog$ Mcgoo$h, $atan, €harlotte, Never_€nough, Tru€ Wiz, €xcitaz, D€rdyPK, Th€VipBro, N-R-G, md€maz, €€D€€, $nakebeast (FULL MEMBER), HotDawg, Pudding, Aton€, Mistah €vil, Jo$himura
R.I.P. to my homeboy £I£BuffDa[OG], we done lost you on the streets but you aint forgotten hombre.
SNITCH:
Stanbase
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=170027
#FUCKJABBA
cement
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rafael » Apr 27th, '14, 04:12

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
N-R-G wrote:I just hope they add to the album instead of taking away from it

*cough*MMLP2*cough*

Bonus tracks aren't on the standard album for a reason.

Money is the most common reason. There's only a substantial amount of songs an artist can put on an album without him or the label losing money. And that's when the artist has to cut down on how many songs can be used.

For example: Yela has 25 tracks, 20 of them could be the greatest songs of his career, but only 17 can make the album.
That leaves 3 amazing songs left.

Not making the album has nothing to do with the quality of the cut songs. I just hope he doesn't put a bunch fillers as bonus tracks, I rather there not be any.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Rafael » Apr 27th, '14, 04:20

Menzo wrote:Isn't it because CDs can only hold so much information?

That's another reason yes, but not every album runs 80 minutes (which is how much info a CD can hold), so that's not always the main case.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Rafael » Apr 27th, '14, 04:33

InsaneTRex94 wrote:The standard tracklisting of an album is what the artist envisions the album to be. Or at least it should be. Bonus tracks are just tracks that the artist liked but didn't feel like it fit the grand scheme of things. That's basically all I was saying. "Filler track" to me means it serves no purpose on the album. Generally, bonus tracks would be "filler", otherwise the artist would have put them on. Of course, in some cases there are questionable choices for which tracks go in bonus.

But anyways, what you said originally is "I hope the bonus tracks add to the album instead of detract from it". I don't think bonus tracks should really do either for the listener, because the album is the main disc in my mind. The bonus tracks are just like an added mixtape or EP that the artist decided to include, something separate. Unless the artist specifically says "These bonus tracks are an extension of the album". But in that case, it wouldn't be a standard edition/deluxe edition. But that's just me.

But basically all I meant is I don't want any mediocore tracks for bonuses just for the sake of having a deluxe/special edition. I hope the bonuses live up to album itself, and not just be there like "Oh look! Here's a bunch of fillers nobody wants to hear."

That's why bonus tracks are just pointless in my eyes.

Sometimes they're just meh songs thrown on there for the fuck of it. And sometimes they're better than the songs on the original album, and cause me to forever regret them not being on the album. They're really just a headache. But this is just me rambling a little drunk, pay no mind to my opinion.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Rafael » Apr 28th, '14, 00:02

Yeah, I agree.
I wasn't talking about Yela specifically though, more like just some artists.

Em is faggot tho and gave us some shitty bonuses.
Like how a Call of Duty exclusive was better than 80% of the songs on the bonus CD.
Last edited by Rafael on Apr 28th, '14, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby EminemBase » Apr 28th, '14, 07:41

InsaneTRex94 wrote:EminemBase is going to be happy that Yelawolf wants a consistent theme on the album.
I'm still interested in what he means by a love story.

N-R-G wrote:I just hope they add to the album instead of taking away from it

*cough*MMLP2*cough*

Bonus tracks aren't on the standard album for a reason.

True that I am. Everything he's been saying has been music to my ears and everything I think which makes a classic album, which no artist usually seems to care that much about. So I'm very excited to hear LS.

Also @ NRG - you think they took away too much from MMLP2? the shit has like 16 tracks. Em fills up the CD every-time and always goes for overkill. I think they actually should have taken away about 3 tracks. If they selected better to create more of a sound and it was a bit more concise I think it could have been a classic.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby DetroitSkills » Apr 28th, '14, 08:00

Rollefsen wrote:Listening
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Shady Records