The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Stat Quo interview (talks about Em, 50, Dre...)

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Stat Quo interview (talks about Em, 50, Dre...)

Postby Da_Capo101 » Apr 30th, '14, 12:17

Long but very interesting interview about his time at Shady/Aftermath, gives a lot of insight studio stuff while recording with Em, Dre, etc...

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interview ... -for-rakim

While recording "Spend Some Times" from Encore :

Stat Quo: We was in his studio and shit. I remember Em started writing the song and he was getting in the zone. This dude was lying in the doorway in front of where you got to walk to get out. And people was just stepping over him and he’s just oblivious to everything that is going on. He didn’t even see you. He just be into the song. This dude writes his rhymes in a circle and shit. It look like artwork on the page. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen it but dude writes around in spiral circles and shit. It’s crazy shit. He don’t just write it regular. That dude is an ill dude.
"I'm bringin' you rap singers two middle fingers, flip you off in french and translate it in english"

"I get imaginative with a mouth full of adjectives, a brain full of adverbs and a box full of laxatives, shittin' on rap"

"Entertainment is danger, intertwine it with gansters, in the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum "
Da_Capo101
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: Stat Quo interview (talks about Em, 50, Dre...)

Postby Emadyville » Apr 30th, '14, 12:31

i've seen some of his writings that are like 1/6 of a circle the way he wrote them but never literally in a circle. kinda cool either way
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby The Shady Virus » May 1st, '14, 15:50

Good interview. Agreed with most everything he said.
The Shady Virus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby mdemaz » May 16th, '14, 10:30

Game is such a douche.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Return to Shady Records