The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Shady Records in 2014

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

Re: Shady Records in 2014

Postby runSA » Aug 31st, '14, 22:06

Shady XV is going to do what Re-Up should've done which is hype up artists on the label to boost their sales for their own singles/albums. This is either going to save Shady or do nothing at all but give em/paul money
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
We live on at http://www.hiphopshelter.com
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BeaconofTruth » Sep 1st, '14, 21:46

The blame for "Welcome To: Our House" falls on everyone - SH themselves, Eminem, and everyone behind the scenes.

They all made the album together, and made compromises. No one person is the bad guy. No matter what SH said in the press, they did not have "free reign" to do what they wanted. That's BS PR talk. They did some of what they wanted, and then they bent the knee to Em and the label to give them some of they wanted - whether the Em & label suggestions made the album better or worse, who knows. But they're all in it together. And what we got was a mediocre album aping the Recovery sound where every other was a failed swing at a single. Maybe some SH members wanted that, like Royce & Crook - he sounded inspired on every song. But we know Joey didn't. And Joell dropped some really horrible bars on the album, like he wasn't even trying.

Some of you guys liked the SH Shady album, but obviously, most people did not, and especially SH fans. (Not Eminem fans who glommed onto SH just because Eminem.) I've been to SH concerts, and seen the tepid reaction to Hammer Dance & My Life, in contrast to Microphone and Onslaught 2.

Anyway, this Re-Up 2014 / Shady XV thing is a great idea, that should have been done right at the signing, then 2.0 boys dropped. Shady Records 2.0 could use a lot more synergy - it's RIDICULOUS that Yela & SH go missing from Eminem albums (no, iTunes bonus tracks don't couldn't.) Em used to get Obie & D12 & 50 & even Stat Quo & Bobby Creek on his solo albums - why not Yela & SH?

But Em can only do so much. Yela and SH have to stand out on their own. Remember when Jay-Z spent, like, a decade trying to make Memphis Bleek a thing? How did that turn out? Yela and SH have to 1) satisfy their core fans and 2) make a catchy crossover song that doesn't suck, or they're toast.

Shady Records sucks balls, anyway. I hope they go independent. I hope Em goes independent too, actually. Maybe we'd have more songs like "Don't Front" and less songs like "Survivor."
BeaconofTruth
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby UofLCard » Sep 10th, '14, 19:13

BeaconofTruth wrote:I hope Em goes independent too, actually. Maybe we'd have more songs like "Don't Front" and less songs like "Survivor."

Never mind Shady Records--Em needs to break away from Interscope.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby mdemaz » Sep 11th, '14, 01:15

Interscope really is the only problem.

50 made a good move.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby killshady » Sep 16th, '14, 22:43

i think, SHADY XV - is last album by Shady Records with Interscope.

SHADY XV, really is last album by agreement with Interscope. next SH & Yella albums can released independent on Shady Records without Interscope. Like 50 do his own thing with G-Unit without Interscope.

SHADY XV, probably last rap album on Interscope. Because Interscope not home for rap artists anymore.

Who remember Interscope Records - list of artists in 2007? And who see list of artists in 2014? This is 2 different labels. I remember lot of rappers dominated on Interscope in 2007 - this is G-Unit Records rappers, Shady Records Rappers, Aftermath, and rappers like Soulja Boy and R&B artists like Black Eyed Peas.

Interscope was #1 hip-hop label in 2007.

Now 2014 and this is not about rap anymore.

==============
Who remember MMLP2 tv ads? Welcome home... for the last time.

SHADY XV like Re-Up + Curtain Call. Last Shady/Interscope release. i think.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby killshady » Sep 16th, '14, 22:45

Eminem know, SH or Yella never sell many albums, and it does not make sense for release LOVE STORY or SH Album under Interscope.

Em release SH & Yella independent , or drop from label (like Cashis, StAt, Obie, Bobby Creech in 2008-2009 years)

SHADY XV last Shady/Interscope album. Yella and SH go indepedent or go Shady Records without Interscope.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TranSlucEnt » Sep 25th, '14, 07:35

I think Em/Shady just needs to split from Interscope. Thats all.
"Soon as my flow starts, I compose art like the ghost of Mozart"

"All that fire in your eyes shows pain, but the flame ain't blue enough"

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Shady Records