The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

10 disappointing facts about music.

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: 10 disappointing facts about music.

Postby Kill You » Apr 3rd, '12, 14:28

One more disappointing fact - Detox isn't coming
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Fleka » Apr 3rd, '12, 15:23

Ka0t1c wrote:I agree, quit thinking about sales, the smart people get their stuff for free anyways

:laughing:
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SamiFFXII » Apr 11th, '12, 14:16

I hate hipster type articles like this. Trying to banish those who like different music, it just shows those are getting more support than the purported bands who are suffering. Yet the latter's fans claim to be loyal, if so why isn't everyone purchasing their shit. In the age of downloading music, sales don't mean shit when it comes to judging quality, rather stop constantly bashing and publishing idiotic facts that prove nothing than what's the flavour of the month. Music is subjective, get that into your thick skulls, also marketing helps ;)

Those same people were probably disappointed when Eminem was topping the charts, why? Because most, like you,they believed he didn't deserve it as there were many other musical talents miles better.
SamiFFXII
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby AJS2050 » Apr 15th, '12, 14:18

A disappointing Youtube fact about Eminem,

Most popular audience:

Female 13-17
Male 13-17

Meanwhile The Roots have it right:

Male 25-34
Male 35-44
AJS2050
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby momentsgolden » Apr 15th, '12, 17:28

Eminem started listening to Rap music when he was 17. After "My Name is" it is the female teen demographic that propelled him to mainstream success. Obviously he deserves it as his pent up rage, appeal to sly, witty humour and general "underdog" story "you can make it" persona resonates with a youthful audience.

I doubt the Roots have amassed a significant number of new fans in recent times so its good to see that the late teen, early twenty demographic that initially liked their music has been loyal is commendable. It says alot about being innovative enough to retain interest yet an inability to adapt to a changing music environment (whether that is a compliment or a complaint i dont know lol)
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AJS2050 » Apr 15th, '12, 21:23

Revolutionary wrote:@AJ
That's not really disappointing.
I wouldn't wanna see 34 year olds bumping songs like 'Lighters', 'The Real Slim Shady' or 'Without Me'

The Roots' music is more quite, more suitable for their age. Can you imagine a 44 year old bumping 'Superman' knowing his son is rocking to it as well? How low will he think of himself then?
Play a Roots song to a 14 year-old kid, he'd look at you like 'WTF is this shit?'
I know for a fact that old people appreciate many Em songs. But his music video songs are most likely comedic.

Also, Em's videos get 50million+ views minimum, old people watch it once or twice a year max, while teenagers watch it everyday to get it to a high number of views...Simple as that.

Somewhat true especially about The Roots but still...

The Real Slim Shady came out in 2000, someone who was 22 then and maybe went to a few concerts of his would be 34 now so it's perfectly normal for someone 34 to be bumping that song. I was 19 when We Made You came out, i'll still be jammin to it from time to time in 12 years time.

It's just disappointing to see the 13-17 age bracket most popular with his songs of which some wouldn't have even been born when the song was released. It makes him seem like a kids artist. Most other artists from his mid to late 90's era have the age bracket 18-24 with their videos.
AJS2050
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Emadyville » Apr 24th, '12, 01:38

anything with more than elvis is heartbreaking. i did know the katy perry thing actually
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Bedtime Stories » Apr 26th, '12, 08:53

03. Ke$ha's "Tik-Tok" sold more copies than ANY Beatles single

Call me crazy but I think The Beatles suck. Not surprised TiK ToK sold more. :whistle:
.............................Image
Bedtime Stories
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Squiggles123 » Apr 26th, '12, 19:42

Bedtime Stories wrote:
03. Ke$ha's "Tik-Tok" sold more copies than ANY Beatles single

Call me crazy but I think The Beatles suck. Not surprised TiK ToK sold more. :whistle:

lol wow, very controversial opinion haha. I love the beatles, had to quote you though because its rare for me to see someone say that.
Squiggles123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bedtime Stories » Apr 27th, '12, 00:59

Squiggles123 wrote:lol wow, very controversial opinion haha. I love the beatles, had to quote you though because its rare for me to see someone say that.

I get that a lot. lol. I don't know, I don't find their music very good. I'm pretty sure if I took the time to listen to them, I might end up liking them.
Bedtime Stories
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Squiggles123 » Apr 27th, '12, 06:30

Bedtime Stories wrote:
Squiggles123 wrote:lol wow, very controversial opinion haha. I love the beatles, had to quote you though because its rare for me to see someone say that.

I get that a lot. lol. I don't know, I don't find their music very good. I'm pretty sure if I took the time to listen to them, I might end up liking them.

Do you like rock/experimental rock much generally? If so it is strange, if not then makes sense that you don't care for them.
Squiggles123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bedtime Stories » Apr 27th, '12, 22:08

Squiggles123 wrote:Do you like rock/experimental rock much generally? If so it is strange, if not then makes sense that you don't care for them.

Not the ~biggest~ fan of rock but yes I do like it. Matchbox Twenty is my favorite rock band.
Bedtime Stories
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mr. Porter » May 1st, '12, 21:42

I'm a fan of those stats. Old singers suck.
Mr. Porter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NextEpisode » May 5th, '12, 23:27

Mr. Porter wrote:I'm a fan of those stats. Old singers suck.

:flutter:
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Vettori » Jul 19th, '12, 19:18

whats extremely sad is most of these artists are just resourceful, and can pay for the music and then pretty much do a cover of it and play it off as their own. So Most of them or all don't even deserve to be up there
Vettori
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to General Music