The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Lana Del Rey

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: Lana Del Rey

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 25th, '12, 10:03

I think the cover is great. You can see it bigger here :

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mav8p ... o1_500.jpg

Retro, it fix her and her music. I don't understand why she let out of the album songs as good as Serial Killer.

The new single !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... WJJPmvWBIk
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Ticalrecords » Sep 25th, '12, 19:59

god damn it, is there such a thing as too many leaks? i'm struggling to keep up with the flood lol
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Postby babyjane » Sep 26th, '12, 00:24

Guess_Who wrote:I think the cover is great. You can see it bigger here :

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mav8p ... o1_500.jpg

Retro, it fix her and her music. I don't understand why she let out of the album songs as good as Serial Killer.

The new single !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... WJJPmvWBIk

I don't really care for the single, it kind of drags. Serial Killer and Damn You sounds better than any of the snippets from the Paradise Edition. The snippets sound a bit repetitive.
babyjane
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 26th, '12, 11:52

Don't you like Ride? I think it's a great song. I have it in repeat all day.

That line " My pussy tastes like pepsi-cola" in the song pussy, is getting famous in tumblr.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby babyjane » Sep 26th, '12, 16:28

^I need to listen to Ride again. First listen it didn't stand out like Serial Killer did for me. Her production is always great, her lyrics cool and quirky but my first thought on the pussy tastes like Pepsi line was 'how does she know?' LOL

Have you heard Rihanna's new song Diamonds? She sounds like she's trying to channel Lana on some parts.
babyjane
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 26th, '12, 18:45

I don't like Rihanna, so I searched now out of curiosity, Doesn't remind me to Lana at all (Thanks God)

The line (my pussy tastes like pepsi cola) is kinda stupid, lol. Everybody stayed with that.

On Friday we will have the video of Ride, I think it will be great. Lana makes good videos.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby babyjane » Sep 26th, '12, 19:47

^I love her videos. I don't care for Rihanna either. She doesn't sound like Lana but at the beginning of the song it sounds like she was trying to. Her songs drive me crazy. She just keeps repeating the same phrase over and over.

ETA: OK I listened to Ride again and I can already tell it's going to be a dope video. I love the second half of the song when the beat picks up a little.

Here's Lana's entire Itunes Music Festival concert. I love that she takes the time to shake people's hand instead of the quick slap celebrities usually do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOk0EBCs ... r_embedded
babyjane
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 27th, '12, 11:22

thanks for the link ^^ . Yeah she is great with her fans.

New leak, Paradise. It's great. I'm totally lost with the leaks at this point. We are having new ones everyday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... GM2dXUT13M

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 12th, '12, 11:50

double post...but whatever.

Finally the video of Ride...

I looooooove the monologue in the beginning :

I was in the winter of my life – and the men I met along the road were my only summer. At night I fell asleep with visions of myself dancing and laughing and crying with them. Three years down the line of being on an endless world tour and my memories of them were the only things that sustained me, and my only real happy times. I was a singer, not a very popular one, who once had dreams of becoming a beautiful poet – but upon an unfortunate series of events saw those dreams dashed and divided like a million stars in the night sky that I wished on over and over again – sparkling and broken. But I didn’t really mind because I knew that it takes getting everything you ever wanted and then losing it to know what true freedom is.

When the people I used to know found out what I had been doing, how I had been living – they asked me why. But there’s no use in talking to people who have a home, they have no idea what it’s like to seek safety in other people, for home to be wherever you lie your head.

I was always an unusual girl, my mother told me I had a chameleon soul. No moral compass pointing due north, no fixed personality. Just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean. And if I said I didn’t plan for it to turn out this way I’d be lying – because I was born to be the other woman. I belonged to no one – who belonged to everyone, who had nothing – who wanted everything with a fire for every experience and an obsession for freedom that terrified me to the point that I couldn’t even talk about – and pushed me to a nomadic point of madness that both dazzled and dizzied me.

Every night I used to pray that I’d find my people – and finally I did – on the open road. We had nothing to lose, nothing to gain, nothing we desired anymore – except to make our lives into a work of art.

LIVE FAST. DIE YOUNG. BE WILD. AND HAVE FUN.

I believe in the country America used to be. I believe in the person I want to become. I believe in the freedom of the open road. And my motto is the same as ever *I believe in the kindness of strangers. And when I’m at war with myself … I Ride. I Just Ride.*

Who are you? Are you in touch with all of your darkest fantasies? Have you created a life for yourself where you’re free to experience them?
I Have. I am Fucking Crazy.

But I Am Free.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Oct 12th, '12, 12:44

Born to Die (the song) is great, the rest of her album isn't my cup of tea though. My recent ex is really into her and listens to her a bit lately... I think it will forever remind her of me lol
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 12th, '12, 13:36

SliK wrote:My recent ex is really into her and listens to her a bit lately... I think it will forever remind her of me lol

then maybe you will enjoy Damn you. :shifty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nChgJXiO9U

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Oct 12th, '12, 13:46

Guess_Who wrote:
SliK wrote:My recent ex is really into her and listens to her a bit lately... I think it will forever remind her of me lol

then maybe you will enjoy Damn you. :shifty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nChgJXiO9U

It's a good song but definitely one for her lol
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 12th, '12, 13:51

haha I know, I was teasing you. I bet she listens to that and think about you. :whistle:

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Oct 12th, '12, 14:08

No doubt.

She will always have Eminem in her car whenever we drive together because she knows I love Eminem. However, if we have an argument and it is a silent car trip she takes out the Eminem CD and replaces it with one full of Alanis Morissette and stuff :laughing:
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 12th, '12, 14:15

haha well Alanis and You oughta know are a classic against boyfriends.

But I prefer Lana.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to General Music