The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

your top 3 favorite bands

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: your top 3 favorite bands

Postby viJilance » Apr 26th, '13, 17:33

Jason M. wrote:What the fuck? Linkin Park What don't you like about them?

Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Collision course were amazing. I heard 2 songs from M2M: "Shadow Of The Day", and "What I've Done" they were completely void of what made Linkin Park good. Very brief, not upbeat, or full of energy.. I can hear a chorus like..4 times? too repetitive, you HAVE to be trolling if you like anything after Meteora, and I can say that without even hearing any garbage (minus radio bs & shitty transformers song, crap movie also) off albums post-M2M. Or maybe you just like bland music, completely lacking taste. Only a hipster neckbeard pleb would dare defend Linkin Park after 2003.

Jason M. wrote:Coldplay, are freaking incredible. I don't think you can really listen to Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends and not love it, then seriously... I can see why some people don't like them, but I think they're fucking awesome. Second favorite artists ever.

>a British pop group whose success derives from their ability to write melodramatic alt-rock songs about fake love. It does not matter that Coldplay is the shittiest fucking band I've ever heard in my entire fucking life, or that they sound like a mediocre photocopy of Travis (who sounds like a mediocre photocopy of Radiohead), or that their greatest fucking artistic achievement is a video where the blandly attractive frontman walks on a beach on a cloudy afternoon. None of that matters. What matters is that Coldplay manufactures fake love as frenetically as the Ford fucking Motor Company manufactures Mustangs. . . "For you I bleed myself dry," sang the blockhead vocalist, brilliantly informing us that stars in the sky are, in fact, yellow.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... ohead.html

"Last month Chris Martin admitted that his lyrics were "a bit sh-t", but at least they are "less sh-t than [they] used to be" as they said in 2008."
Chris Martin admitted that his lyrics were "a bit sh-t",

Jason M. wrote:Green Day. Who the fuck doesn't like Green Day? Listen to East Jesus Nowhere and Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

same as LP, one day they just fagged up and began making shit music.

Jason M. wrote:And if it helps, I hate The Killers with a passion.

:coolthumb:

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:He listens to \m/ XxXdeathcoreXxX \m/ and knows that music is music lmfao. FIX'D

Fuck all of you 1990's faggots. 1989 master race reporting in.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby viJilance » Apr 26th, '13, 18:10

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:Oh, I didn't realize their first 2 albums ceased to exist the moment you heard 2 songs from MTM and decided they were now the worst band on the planet.

Well remember for next time, they really did fag their music up bad enough, inexcusable.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby viJilance » Apr 26th, '13, 18:35

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:
viJilance wrote:
RiseFromTheAshez wrote:Oh, I didn't realize their first 2 albums ceased to exist the moment you heard 2 songs from MTM and decided they were now the worst band on the planet.

Well remember for next time, they really did fag their music up bad enough, inexcusable.

Then you should've heard the entire album instead of making up your mind after hearing 2 songs.

Still heavy as Hybrid Theory and Meteora.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbIpr4_mFVM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xyxtzD54rM
And of course this B-Side, too bad they left it off the album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eQJEapsNr8

And with their latest album Living Things they went back to their roots, not as heavy as Hybrid Theory but still has the rapping and screaming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJTRaiLEg4c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrs3YGgAqxQ

Not sure if want

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » Apr 26th, '13, 18:37

viJilance wrote:*random shit that makes no sense at all*

Are you actually trashing all music that the most popular rock band in the world made in the last 9 years because of 3 songs? Which are the only three songs you've heard? Are you fucking kidding me? As Rise posted: No More Sorrow, Given Up, QWERTY, Wretches and Kings, Bleed it Out, Victimized, Lost in The Echo are all just as heavy as their first two albums, but done a thousand times better. And I think that my favourite track of all time, The Catalyst, which barely has a guitar in it, is by far the most agressive song they've done.

As for Coldplay, Chris Martin refuses to play one of their most famous songs, just because the lyrics are shit. And he thinks that the lyrics are shit, and he admits it. But he also knows that there is more to music then lyrics. Coldplay have seriously beautiful melodies. For me, their lyrics are great (apart from a song he wrote that was yellow). Listen to Violet Hill (my second favorite track ever), Yes, Major Minus or that whole Viva la Vida album. It's just amazing.

About Green Day, let me guess... you like everything they've done before American Idiot? American Idiot is an incredible album. And it's definitely not that different in sound. They've kept the pretty much basic guitar and bass, and added lyrics better than: ''I wanna be the minority!''.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Apr 29th, '13, 13:37

It's VERY easy to dislike Green Day lol. A lot of people don't like them. Coldplay are boring. LP is good but they did fall off, yeah. Just not bad enough to where they make bad music. The music is still good.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Chet Starr » Apr 29th, '13, 13:52

I can't stand Linkin Park or Green Day, such shitty bands now a days
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby VictorVerzion5 » Apr 29th, '13, 15:20

This was really hard to think of, and also in my opinion Green Day is good, but I believe their old stuff is a lot better.

1. Staind
2. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
3. Green Day

Also as for Linkin Park, they didn't really fall off, they are just progressing as a band and for the stuff they are making now, it is still good. However, they are progressing it in the wrong direction.
VICTORVERZION5
P.S. I CAN MAKE YA BEDROCK -wink-
VictorVerzion5
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jason M. » Apr 29th, '13, 19:24

VictorVerzion5 wrote:Also as for Linkin Park, they didn't really fall off, they are just progressing as a band and for the stuff they are making now, it is still good. However, they are progressing it in the wrong direction.

Wrong direction?
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » Apr 30th, '13, 15:52

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:
Jason M. wrote:
VictorVerzion5 wrote:Also as for Linkin Park, they didn't really fall off, they are just progressing as a band and for the stuff they are making now, it is still good. However, they are progressing it in the wrong direction.

Wrong direction?

Yes, wrong direction. I love LP but even I can see every album they release seems to be worse than the last with the exception of Living Things which is much better than ATS but still worse than MTM.

And your ''right direction'' would be...?
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » Apr 30th, '13, 17:41

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:I'd love to see them make a melodic rapcore album.

I'm thinking something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzZaMpwqHB8
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hKHS5t5Upg

Much more hip hop orientated not nu metal, with Mike both rapping and singing and maybe the occasional chorus or song by Chester (He already had his solo album MTM so it's only fair)

Sure... fuck the best voice in the world.

And they should run away from rap and metal. Something Muse-y would be great.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Chet Starr » Apr 30th, '13, 18:00

I'm so glad Neutral Milk Hotel got back together
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Jason M. » Apr 30th, '13, 19:04

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:
Jason M. wrote:
RiseFromTheAshez wrote:I'd love to see them make a melodic rapcore album.

I'm thinking something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzZaMpwqHB8
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hKHS5t5Upg

Much more hip hop orientated not nu metal, with Mike both rapping and singing and maybe the occasional chorus or song by Chester (He already had his solo album MTM so it's only fair)

Sure... fuck the best voice in the world.

And they should run away from rap and metal. Something Muse-y would be great.

Lmfao Muse is garbage. They need to run away from all this Pop and Dubstep bullshit.

I still can't believe they put Burn it down and Lies Greed Misery on LT, the 2 worst songs they've ever made. And then they approve those SHIT Living Things remixes.

They're obviously going in the right direction.

LGM is just incredible. Great track. And BID is a pop single for a mainstream audience. They did a perfect move releasing it, if they didn't, LT wouldn't be half as successful.

And what the fuck does Muse have to do with pop and dubstep? (I adore dubstep, btw.)
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » May 1st, '13, 07:28

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:I was talking about LP.

LGM is definitely their worst song to date, Mike's rapping was just average and that beat is just fuckin unbearable.

But thanks for proving my point.

How the hell did I prove your point by disagreeing with everything you wrote?
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » May 1st, '13, 08:52

^I love your music taste.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » May 1st, '13, 15:57

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:
Jason M. wrote:
RiseFromTheAshez wrote:I was talking about LP.

LGM is definitely their worst song to date, Mike's rapping was just average and that beat is just fuckin unbearable.

But thanks for proving my point.

How the hell did I prove your point by disagreeing with everything you wrote?

I just told you that they need to run away from all this pop bullshit and you comeback to say they're now making pop singles for mainstream audiences. I don't wanna hear some bullshit pop for the retard audiences, but according to you they're in the right direction.

It's obviously the right direction for lead single off a new album. I couldn't care less if I'm gonna get 3-4 upbeat techno songs if the rest of the album is as perfect as LT.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to General Music