The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Linkin Park talk working on new album, new music soon

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Linkin Park talk working on new album, new music soon

Postby Jason M. » May 16th, '13, 13:40

FUSE: Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda on band's new album

Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda and Joe Hahn talks the band beginning to work on their sixth album and promises previews of new music on LPTV's in the next couple of months. Their soundtrack for The Mall should come out later this year, so it's possible that the previews shown in the LPTV's will be from that soundtrack, but Mike says they're going to be from the album.

And with the fact that Ethan Mates' website implies they finished The Mall OST back in October/November, there's a possibility the band has been working on their sixth album for good 6 months now, since they said they never really left the studio.

Subscribe to linkinparktv here.

...expectations?
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Linkin Park talk working on new album, new music soon

Postby Jason M. » May 16th, '13, 14:53

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:I just hope they go more hip hop this time since they've already decided to use less and less the guitars anyways.

Less hip hop = better.

Mike posted a photo of Brad saying ''Brad ripping solos in the studio today'' on Instagram a couple days ago. I'm kinda hoping they go more into rock, and this could be a sign of that.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby VictorVerzion5 » May 16th, '13, 14:56

I didn't really like their last album, I thought A Thousand Suns was a masterpiece for what it was to be honest, I just think after Living Things, they are doing something they shouldn't be doing, and that is incorporating their past rap/rock roots into it. Sure, there was some experimentation here and there, but the songs still had some of their old elements on there, and if they say they want to sound like something a band hasn't done before, what makes an electronic rap/rock band stand out from the crowd?
VICTORVERZION5
P.S. I CAN MAKE YA BEDROCK -wink-
VictorVerzion5
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jason M. » May 16th, '13, 15:05

VictorVerzion5 wrote:I didn't really like their last album, I thought A Thousand Suns was a masterpiece for what it was to be honest, I just think after Living Things, they are doing something they shouldn't be doing, and that is incorporating their past rap/rock roots into it. Sure, there was some experimentation here and there, but the songs still had some of their old elements on there, and if they say they want to sound like something a band hasn't done before, what makes an electronic rap/rock band stand out from the crowd?

ATS is the best album ever, in my opinion. They really took their time with it, and even when the label pushed them, they decided to do what they wanted. LT was pretty much an album designed to boost up their popularity, and it did just that. Too bad they fucked up the singles after Burn It Down big time. I think that with this album, we'll get something new (not that we didn't get anything new with LT, songs 6-12 were pure perfection), and I'm really liking this ''always writing'' process. So yeah, I just hope they can put out albums quickly (about 1.5-2 years apart) and keep their quality high. There wasn't anything that I disliked about LT, I love it from the top to the bottom, but it makes you feel like: ''wow, what a fun song to listen to!'' and not ''wow, this is pure perfection!''. And I want the latter.

@Rise - Meh. I pretty much dislike them now. They were never special in anything. When I said rock, I meant more in the RHCP/Muse/Green Day way.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » May 16th, '13, 15:58

I pretty much fall in love with anything LP,so yay!
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby VictorVerzion5 » May 16th, '13, 18:11

Jason M. wrote:
VictorVerzion5 wrote:I didn't really like their last album, I thought A Thousand Suns was a masterpiece for what it was to be honest, I just think after Living Things, they are doing something they shouldn't be doing, and that is incorporating their past rap/rock roots into it. Sure, there was some experimentation here and there, but the songs still had some of their old elements on there, and if they say they want to sound like something a band hasn't done before, what makes an electronic rap/rock band stand out from the crowd?

ATS is the best album ever, in my opinion. They really took their time with it, and even when the label pushed them, they decided to do what they wanted. LT was pretty much an album designed to boost up their popularity, and it did just that. Too bad they fucked up the singles after Burn It Down big time. I think that with this album, we'll get something new (not that we didn't get anything new with LT, songs 6-12 were pure perfection), and I'm really liking this ''always writing'' process. So yeah, I just hope they can put out albums quickly (about 1.5-2 years apart) and keep their quality high. There wasn't anything that I disliked about LT, I love it from the top to the bottom, but it makes you feel like: ''wow, what a fun song to listen to!'' and not ''wow, this is pure perfection!''. And I want the latter.

@Rise - Meh. I pretty much dislike them now. They were never special in anything. When I said rock, I meant more in the RHCP/Muse/Green Day way.

I definitely agree with you, if their next album was like A Thousand Suns, I would love it, because I think if they kept that sound but made it different themed, different overall feel, but kept that A Thousand Suns signature sound, I think it would be different yet awesome in the same way, and they can make another classic.
VICTORVERZION5
P.S. I CAN MAKE YA BEDROCK -wink-
VictorVerzion5
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jason M. » May 16th, '13, 19:10

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:Well that's the thing, Muse is Muse and LP is LP, if you want LP with less hip hop, DBS is what you're gonna get, sooooo more hip hop = best thing they can do right now.

Nope, LP without rap is LP. DBS was totally uncreative, bullshit lyrics, boring melodies, meh. LP always has something new, something fresh, while all DBS had was stuff you've heard a thousand times before.

And the whole rap rock thing is soooo wasted, they shouldn't even try one song.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kathy » May 17th, '13, 00:06

Middle school music lol
Kathy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Kathy » May 17th, '13, 03:14

Miller wrote:
Kathy wrote:Middle school music lol

Just because they became famous when you were in middle school doesnt mean you cant grow with them.

I'm saying the music is written to appeal to middle schoolers. It's just angsty and over emotional and corny.

Reanimation is kinda cool tho.
Kathy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Kathy » May 17th, '13, 03:22

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:Guess you didn't hear anything after Meteora, I feel bad for you.

Only album I haven't heard is the newest one.

Minutes to Midnight is the corniest, overemotional BS I've heard. Hands Held High was so contrived and cliche...
Kathy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby infinite2hts » May 17th, '13, 07:13

i think LT was the step in the right direction. They just need to take it up from there on.
infinite2hts
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jason M. » May 17th, '13, 12:56

Kathy wrote:
RiseFromTheAshez wrote:Guess you didn't hear anything after Meteora, I feel bad for you.

Only album I haven't heard is the newest one.

Minutes to Midnight is the corniest, overemotional BS I've heard. Hands Held High was so contrived and cliche...

Wow. First you say their music is for middle schoolers becuase it's just angsty and then you say that MTM is the most overemotional BS you've ever heard. Why the fuck did you even bother listening 5 albums from an artist you clearly don't like?
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » May 17th, '13, 16:42

Kathy,you're just an idiot.
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby viJilance » May 17th, '13, 20:02

I think it's gonna lick the reversed asshole of a dead raccoon fetus. Fuck LP.
Fuck all of you 1990's faggots. 1989 master race reporting in.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kathy » May 17th, '13, 20:32

Jason M. wrote:Wow. First you say their music is for middle schoolers becuase it's just angsty and then you say that MTM is the most overemotional BS you've ever heard. Why the fuck did you even bother listening 5 albums from an artist you clearly don't like?

The old ones I heard because I listened to lots of music like that when I was young like anyone else, and the new stuff I checked out to see if they grew with me. They didn't...
Kathy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Next

Return to General Music