The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Linkin Park talk working on new album, new music soon

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: Linkin Park talk working on new album, new music soon

Postby Jason M. » Jul 8th, '13, 17:23

Aone10 wrote:No, bands can still be unpredictable while maintaining testicular fortitude and pleasing their fan base... such as Mastodon.

What is predictable is catering to the taste of the contemporary hipster and critic, which in turn ends up being trash in the eyes of those same fucking people.

You can't tell me that music has not gotten much softer in recent years.

Music definitely got softer in recent years. Especially Linkin Park music. And thank God for that.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » Jul 8th, '13, 18:46

Aone10 wrote:To each their own. :b:

Their best albums will always be Hybrid Theory and Meteora imo. I catch mad flak from other metal heads for liking those albums, but they are/were my guilty pleasures.

A Thousand Suns >>>>
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Arrinef » Jul 8th, '13, 19:23

Imagine a shinoda/eminem track?

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby TonyTilt » Jul 8th, '13, 20:44

Aone10 wrote:
Jason M. wrote:
Aone10 wrote:No, bands can still be unpredictable while maintaining testicular fortitude and pleasing their fan base... such as Mastodon.

What is predictable is catering to the taste of the contemporary hipster and critic, which in turn ends up being trash in the eyes of those same fucking people.

You can't tell me that music has not gotten much softer in recent years.

Music definitely got softer in recent years. Especially Linkin Park music. And thank God for that.

To each their own. :b:

Their best albums will always be Hybrid Theory and Meteora imo. I catch mad flak from other metal heads for liking those albums, but they are/were my guilty pleasures.

I love those albums the most.. I know what you're saying. Band's like BFMV & ATR & Sevendust have been very consistent while still changing here and there..
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Arrinef » Jul 8th, '13, 20:51

Menzo wrote:Shinoda is unfortunately the worst part of Linkin Park for me. Most of the songs he's on just come off flat when he starts spitting.

HYbrid theory/meteora mike went hard

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Jason M. » Jul 8th, '13, 20:55

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:A Thousand Suns is their worst album dude, it's nothing compared to a masterpiece like Hybrid Theory.

We haven't agreed on a single thing about LP is the past year I've known you. Or any other band.

So I won't even point out how wrong you are.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Arrinef » Jul 8th, '13, 20:55

Aone10 wrote:
Menzo wrote:Shinoda is unfortunately the worst part of Linkin Park for me. Most of the songs he's on just come off flat when he starts spitting.

If anything, he's the best part about Linkin Park. His rapping is on point, especially on HT/Meteora. He's also the man behind their sound.

He's an underrated producer tbh.

This and his verses on fort minor gained my respect as well

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Arrinef » Jul 8th, '13, 21:11

Menzo wrote:
RiseFromTheAshez wrote:

Shinoda is definitely the best part of LP. Even if you don't like his rapping, his production his fuckin unbelievable.

When I mention Shinoda, I'm literally only talking about his rapping - which I think sucks 80% of the time.

yo menz not even "remember the name"? :(

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Jason M. » Jul 8th, '13, 21:14

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:
Jason M. wrote:
RiseFromTheAshez wrote:A Thousand Suns is their worst album dude, it's nothing compared to a masterpiece like Hybrid Theory.

We haven't agreed on a single thing about LP is the past year I've known you. Or any other band.

So I won't even point out how wrong you are.

So people are only right when they agree with your opinion?

Do you not realize why you THINK ATS is their best album? take a look at the music you enjoy. Pop, Dubstep, and Alternative Rock.

You're absolutely right. /sarcasm

Do you not realize why you THINK HT is their best album? Take a look at the music you enjoy. Rap-metal, hip hop, and slight pieces of some metal with electronic influence.

And you say that I only think that people are right when they agree with me? Yet you think my opinion, which is a thousand percent different from yours is completely wrong and invalid because I like the type of music presented on an album? And you do the exact same thing.

@Menzo - Keep in mind almost everything you hear on an LP song you like went through the process of Shinoda-ification. He does much more for the band than just rapping.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » Jul 8th, '13, 21:21

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:
ArrineF wrote:yo menz not even "remember the name"? :(

Never understood why people love that song so much, it's ok but it bores me after a while. Cigarettes is much better, I really liked the concept of the song. He was also dope as fuck on Kenji.

OH MY GOD. THAT'S LIKE 3 THINGS. AND I AGREE WITH THEM.

DUUUUUDE.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Arrinef » Jul 8th, '13, 21:22

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:

Never understood why people love that song so much, it's ok but it bores me after a while. Cigarettes is much better, I really liked the concept of the song. He was also dope as fuck on Kenji.

i guess because during its time period it shined, cause em had taken a break and released curtain call. We had acts like three 6 mafia doing shit like stay fly, d4l & their fucking laffy taffy. Southern rap just raped the fuck outta know where. So fort minor stood out to me at least, in the sense of quality

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Kill You » Jul 9th, '13, 14:42

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:

Yeah those are good songs.

I don't like that they're ALREADY working on another album. They pump out music far too fast that eventually it'll get really bland and everything will sound the same.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Kill You » Jul 9th, '13, 15:04

Aone10 wrote:Happy 4k post Kill You.

Thank you good sir. :y:

Was thinking about doing a shoutout thread but I'm gonna wait until 5K.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby TonyTilt » Jul 9th, '13, 16:34

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:

Ahem, And out the back is siiiiiick
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Jason M. » Jul 9th, '13, 18:44

Menzo wrote:
JasonM wrote:@Menzo - Keep in mind almost everything you hear on an LP song you like went through the process of Shinoda-ification. He does much more for the band than just rapping.

Okay...?

I said I'm only talking about his rapping.

Yeah, sorry. :facepalm That was written before I saw the other post.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to General Music