The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Slipknot

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Slipknot

Postby Mr Change » Jun 26th, '13, 04:25

For the majority of my time in which I've been deeply interested in music, Slipknot's harsh sound has turned me away from the band. However, lately I've gotten interested into them at last. They are the definition of acquired taste imo.

Anyway, currently been listening to Vol. 3 (The Subliminal Verses) extensively lately and have been meaning to download another one of their albums. What do you guys think I should download next? I'm not aware of how many albums they have altogether, either.

Also, what do you guys think about the album? What are your favorite songs off of it? Mine is probably The Nameless. :smoking:
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Slipknot

Postby dR3 » Jun 26th, '13, 06:00

I was just like you in the beginning, their sound didn't appeal to me at all. Now, they're one of my favorite bands of all time, lmao.

I'd suggest you listen to All Hope Is Gone next, that's my favorite one. Off of Vol.3, Vermillion II is my favorite track because I can relate to it. Much better than part I imo.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby Kill You » Jun 26th, '13, 12:08

Yeah same here. You just have to sit down and give them a chance is all. And once you do you find out their music is great. One of the few bands who have actually improved with each released. Their latest album is pretty great, 10/10 imo.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Mr Change » Jun 26th, '13, 21:01

Thanks guys I'll definitely check it out. :y:
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby NextEpisode » Jul 4th, '13, 19:54

Corey Taylor (lead vocalist/lyricist of Slipknot) :y: I just got home from a festival actually, where Stone Sour played. Corey Taylor is the lead-singer of this band too. He's AWESOME live.

As far as Slipknot goes, been listening to them for a long time :y:

Wait And Bleed, Duality, Before I Forget :y:

Here's a dope Stone Sour track:

Tummult
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhn6r9lqBkg
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Return to General Music