The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Arctic Monkeys - AM

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Arctic Monkeys - AM

Postby Chappy » Sep 12th, '13, 17:27

Anyone got this album yet? What dya reckon? I love it, maybe not on par with their older stuff but still think it's fuckin class. What are ya fav tracks? I loved the 3 released singles "Do I Wanna Know?", "R U Mine?" and "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High", but really likin "Arabella" and "No. 1 Party Anthem"...
Howay The Lads!

But I made my way inside, past a thousand crazy eyes, then a friend took me aside said everyone here has a knife...
Chappy
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: Arctic Monkeys - AM

Postby Solace » Oct 19th, '13, 01:01

I think it's a really great release. I've only ever listened to Suck It and See and I find this album to be much better. I'm not too sure about the general consensus, but maybe it's just because AM is much more accessible. I'll let this one sink in over the months before I try taking in the rest of their discography though. My favourite song would be either One for the Road & I Wanna Be Yours, but they're all quite enjoyable.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby drdre2028 » Oct 20th, '13, 08:35

I can't even listen to them anymore. They left Sheffield and it all went down hill from there. I know a lot of people like their new stuff but with the pure amazingness of the first album nothing really compares. Listen to When The Sun Goes Down or Riot Van and then their new stuff.
Because, I forgot the chorus
But that's okay cause y'all saying bust a rhyme for us
drdre2028
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Ku53v » Oct 21st, '13, 01:59

drdre2028 wrote:I can't even listen to them anymore. They left Sheffield and it all went down hill from there. I know a lot of people like their new stuff but with the pure amazingness of the first album nothing really compares. Listen to When The Sun Goes Down or Riot Van and then their new stuff.

i blame josh homme, he fucked their sound
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Return to General Music