The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New Lily Allen song! "Hard Out Here" [must watch]

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

New Lily Allen song! "Hard Out Here" [must watch]

Postby GenePeer » Nov 13th, '13, 06:50

Lily Allen is hands-down the best pop artist ever in the last decade. Ironically, she's hates everything pop and stardom and makes fun of it just like (Old) Eminem. Anyway, it has been nearly 5years since her last album. This is the new single, and it's epic.

GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Re: New Lily Allen song! "Hard Out Here" [must watch]

Postby GenePeer » Nov 13th, '13, 07:11

Horsebot3K wrote:That's it. When the word epic can be applied to an unfunny music video by a mediocre pop singer, it has officially been stripped of all meaning.

Repeatedly mocking a Three Six Mafia song from a decade ago? Eminem's pop culture references aren't THAT dated. I think I see what Lily Allen was attempting to do, but she failed. This is awful.

:laughing: Mocking Three Six Mafia. What the hell, you just listened to the one line in the chorus and formed an opinion. Or did she strike a chord and you're fighting back as a knee-jerk reaction? :wave:
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GenePeer » Nov 13th, '13, 07:33

Horsebot3K wrote:Hahaha I don't even like "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp," I just think that reference is dated as fuck because the song is like eight years old. And if she is indeed trying to point out hypocrisy in the way the media depicts women, I agree with her position. So you're way off base there. No need to be so defensive. I just personally don't think the song or the video are any good. It's unfunny enough to take away any social commentary it might have otherwise had. Simply agreeing with an artist's views doesn't make the music good.

If you want to see something sort of similar that I think is funny, intelligent, and musically appealing, check this out. It's more focused on comedy than satire, but the mocking of douchebro Entourage types is quite enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHH3brmhPyw

Why must it be a direct reference? Maybe the song title has just creeped into normal talk, but saying "life is out here for a [insert demographic here]" is common around me; I've always taken it as your average figure of speech. I didn't even think of that song when I heard this one.

I honestly feel the exact same way about your video. I see what they're doing but I find nothing musically appealing in your video. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Edit: I listened to other songs on the channel. "The Loophole" is much better than the Douche song. And Lily's song (not the video) was not even trying to be funny; so you shouldn't be judging it for not being funny.
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby babyjane » Nov 14th, '13, 22:01

Her first album was pretty good, witty and clever but I haven't liked anything since. This is funny and silly but I wouldn't watch or listen to it again.
babyjane
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 15th, '13, 03:20

i like the fact that she's a minx that aint shy to get her baps out :wub:
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby kkaniff » Nov 16th, '13, 16:32

It's like a less funny, waaay less subtle version of The Fear.
The Fear is still one of my top 10 fav songs of all time though, anybody know if the rest of the album is similar?
the fresh David Koresh
#KanyeLost
#GrandeGang
Stuck out like a sore thumb, so I gave them the finger
There is only one God, the Crippled Godd
All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise, a fist full of dollars, a list full of problems...
kkaniff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GenePeer » Nov 16th, '13, 17:22

kkaniff wrote:It's like a less funny, waaay less subtle version of The Fear.
The Fear is still one of my top 10 fav songs of all time though, anybody know if the rest of the album is similar?

I think she got tired of making subtle jibes and went all out on this song lol.

I haven't seen anything on the new album. I sure hope not; it sounds like a song out of It's Not Me, It's You. I always loved how her first two albums sounded nothing alike.

My fav Lily Allen songs -
"Littlest Things", "22", "Everything's Just Wonderful", "Fuck You", and "The Fear."
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ku53v » Nov 16th, '13, 17:31

I love Fuck You
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Return to General Music