The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Slipknot/Stone Sour thread (News, Discussion, etc.)

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: Slipknot/Stone Sour thread (News, Discussion, etc.)

Postby Jason M. » Aug 1st, '14, 19:02

Okay, after 3 more listens I'm on the edge of jumping out the window and kicking people in the face. My God this is great. Amazing.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 1st, '14, 19:24

Aone10 wrote:AOTY INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid scratching towards the end!!!!!
Who the fuck is drumming just like Joey?!?!?!?!?!?
Corey Taylor sounds rejuvenated and pissed!!!!!
I FUCKING LOVE IT!

FUUUUUCCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!

:laughing: Word homie, these drums are sick! Good old Corey is back :D Already downloaded the song, on heavy rotation for the rest of the day
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 4th, '14, 10:24

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:This too good. :rock:

^My favourite :y:

Can't wait for the video for "The Negative One" is suppose to drop tomorrow :flutter:
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Dirrt » Aug 4th, '14, 13:20

Shpongle wrote:Can't wait for the video for "The Negative One" is suppose to drop tomorrow :flutter:

Cool :8)
I hope it's not all gothic and weird, I get bored of metal bands trying to live up to people's perception of them
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?
Dirrt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shpongle » Aug 4th, '14, 16:22

Aone10 wrote:Not sure what Corey meant when he said the new album would sound like Iowa mixed with Vol.3....

This song does remind me much more of the self-titled than Iowa, probably the rest of the songs are different...

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » Aug 6th, '14, 05:38

I could never get into that screamo rock. Can't understand what they're saying.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Shpongle » Aug 6th, '14, 09:52

Aone10 wrote:VIDEO IS OUT!

http://www.slipknot1.com/

And it sucks tbh..... song is still great. I wonder if the last graphic they show is the album cover. :-k

Yeah it could be better, i don't think it fits the song at all...but it looks like this won't be the single after all :D

Slipknot Reveal New Single Plans, Potential Release Month For New Album

There’s more Slipknot material to come in the not too distant future. Vocalist Corey Taylor was interviewed on the ‘BBC Radio 1 Rock Show‘ last night and spoke a lot on the bands forthcoming plans. He mentioned that they are eyeing an October release for their new album right around ‘Knotfest‘ and are currently finishing up the mixes for it.

Percussionist M. Shawn Crahan handled the artwork for the release while a new single titled “Devil In I” will have a video for it shot and released in the coming weeks. Touring plans this year include the US and Japan with world touring to commence in early 2015.

Speaking on “The Negative One” (hear it here) and the album, Taylor offered:

“People don’t know what to expect from us and that’s kinda the way we like it. the great thing is that—I was telling this to somebody the other day—”The Negative One” isn’t our single. That was just a gift for the fans, like we wanted them to hear a piece of the album. The single comes out in a few weeks and it’s completely different. It’s more melodic, but it’s dark, it’s powerful man, its something different, people are going to lose their minds when they hear that.”

He later continued to discuss the track:

“It’s got the spirit. The thing I love is that everyone’s reactions are very, very similar. They love the fact that there’s new Slipknot out. They also love the fact that it feels like old school meets new school. Like you can feel the original craziness of the early stuff but you can tell that the evolution has happened. And that’s kind of what we were shooting for, ya know? Remember I said I wanted the album to feel like a cross between “Iowa” and “Vol. 3” and I think we did that. Wait till you hear the whole album, because this story is so deep and so honest and so crazy that people are going to lose their minds when they hear it.”

Taylor also addressed the skepticism the band faced after the passing of bassist Paul Gray and the departure of drummer Joey Jordison from the lineup. While replacements have yet to be announced, Taylor offered:

“It’s kind of the double-edged sword of word of mouth isn’t it? One of the best and worst things that you can have is people talking about your band. They’re gonna talk about all the great things, but at the same time speculation can become “fact” over time.

It’s… ya know, certain people are the ones who are described as the ‘main songwriters’ or this guy started the band or that guy started the band. To the point where people forget the truth. They forget what the facts are. So this is kind of a great way for us to basically just shut everyone up, get everyone excited, and to get them talking about positive things now with the band. It’s been a hell of a ride. This last four years have been insane. Whether it’s losing Paul or parting ways with Joe, bands have gone through it before, other bands besides us. It’s one of those occasions where you either rise to the occasion or fall by the wayside and I think we all pulled together and we rose the occasion.”

http://www.theprp.com/2014/08/05/news/slipknot-reveal-new-single-plans-potential-release-month-for-new-album/

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 6th, '14, 17:00

Aone10 wrote:Machine Head is suppose to have an album coming out as well.... though I haven't heard much about it and it appears it may not see the light of day till next year.

Machine Head is working on a new album as well, they've been posting some Vlogs on youtube..and theres also a Demo of new a song that might be on the new record..i posted on the Metal thread :8)

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Dirrt » Aug 7th, '14, 09:57

Goosebumps this morning, great sky and a plane taking off
Was a good start to the day :happy:
Dirrt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shpongle » Aug 7th, '14, 10:41

^Child of Burning Time is a great track :y: have to give that album a spin, it's been a while...

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Dirrt » Aug 7th, '14, 13:05

I love this album! Get it on again!
Dirrt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shpongle » Aug 8th, '14, 11:07

Aone10 wrote:
Shpongle wrote:^Child of Burning Time is a great track :y: have to give that album a spin, it's been a while...

I've had it in the car for the last few months, had to give selftitled and Iowa a break. :whistle:

lol i hear ya, i got the self-titled in the car also :y: when this new album comes out that's all i'm going to listen :D

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » Aug 8th, '14, 23:47

Iowa is so fucking good.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » Aug 14th, '14, 10:20

Old, but no one posted it here. Coming soon.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 14th, '14, 11:21

^Cover art for the single "The Devil In I", still no release date though...just get a smaller pic dude :D

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to General Music