The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Slipknot/Stone Sour thread (News, Discussion, etc.)

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: Slipknot/Stone Sour thread (News, Discussion, etc.)

Postby Shpongle » Mar 3rd, '14, 11:42

Slipknot Album Sessions To Start In Days, Website Gets Taken Down

Slipknot will begin album sessions in a matter of days, and have begun a media “blackout” as they prepare to all enter the studio.

The band have taken down their official website and earlier today instagrammed a plain black square that one can only assume means that they are to go into studio hiding until it’s time to reveal some concrete news about album number five.

Corey Taylor has confirmed this week that the Iowa icons will be throwing themselves into the studio as a unit in the coming days, stating in a new interview that he has “written lyrics for everything that we have right now and it’s feeling pretty good.” He adds: “It feels like the story of the band so far, which is a totally different take on what I’ve been used to writing with Slipknot., but I think, because of everything we’ve been through, it’s time to tell that story.”

It's coming :flutter: can't fucking wait
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Mar 8th, '14, 03:02

Glad that they have officially announced that there is going to be an album. I can't wait.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Shpongle » Mar 10th, '14, 11:25

Kill You wrote:Glad that they have officially announced that there is going to be an album. I can't wait.

Word, is going to be a killer album for sure..
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Mar 11th, '14, 11:14

Aone10 wrote:It definitely sounds like it's going to be their most mature album to date, Corey said that sonically it's a mix of vol.3 and Iowa, the contrast will be interesting seeing as Vol.3 is their softest album and Iowa their hardest.

I'm anticipating this album more than anything else this year.

Can't wait to see what's coming, after Pauls death and Joeys departure i'm pretty sure Corey is going to come up with some great lyrics as well :worship:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Mar 17th, '14, 15:40

Litle update:

Slipknot percussionist Shawn M. Crahan (a.k.a. Clown) revealed that the band’s next album will contain songwriting contributions by the band’s deceased bassist Paul Gray. He explains:

“There are songs that he’s written that will be a part of the next record. We’re all going to have to think like him, and he’ll be there. He’ll be there; there’s no way that Paul Gray will not be a part of anything that we do for the rest of our career.”

This is cool, Paul will always be a part of Slipknot :worship:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » May 19th, '14, 10:03

Stone Sour Officially Fire Guitarist Jim Root, His Role In Slipknot Remains Unchanged

Stone Sour have officially fired guitarist Jim Root, releasing the following statement on the matter earlier today:

“As some of you might have heard by now, Stone Sour and Jim Root have indeed parted ways. We were trying to wait until the completion of the new SK album, but in light of recent events, we are going to confirm this information and move on. We feel it’s best for both bands and hope that is reflected in the days to come. We will give you more information when the time comes.”

Earlier today word broke that Root had been let go from the band and was unhappy about it. A tweet from Stone Sour/Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor confirms that Root remains as a guitarist in Slipknot however, stating:

“Jim and I are still working together in Slipknot and the album is almost done.”

What is happening with these dudes, both bands are falling apart :confusion:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Jul 8th, '14, 10:08

^pretty cool line up, and it's nice to know it's about 98% done, just hope it's out at least by the end of summer

Knotfest Japan though, Korn, Limp Bizkit and Slipknot :flutter: doesnt get any better

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Jul 8th, '14, 16:04

I like how they have the nu metal bands on top, and the thrash/melodic bands below.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Jul 9th, '14, 10:15

Aone10 wrote:
mdemaz wrote:I like how they have the nu metal bands on top, and the thrash/melodic bands below.

Nu-Metal >>>>>>>

I remember Fred Durst saying a while ago (when he and Corey squashed their beef), and even Sid Wilson, that there were plans for a Slipknot, Korn, Limp tour.... the 3 biggest names in Nu-Metal sharing one stage.

Talk about Nu-Metal revival. :rock:

They should do like a world tour, not just Knotfest Japan, and add Deftones, System of a Down and Mudvayne :flutter:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Jul 9th, '14, 10:28

Bah, I think nu metal really changed the landscape of music, but I prefer the old school shit.

That being said, I hate those fucking elitist metal fans that always bash bands like Korn, System and Limp. This is why I go to festivals like these, because everyone is so open-minded.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Jul 16th, '14, 09:44

Miller wrote:http://negative.slipknot1.com/

Nice :y: New video incoming :D

Edit: http://instagram.com/p/qesUz5IRtD

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Jul 21st, '14, 10:15

http://negative.slipknot1.com/

It has been updated, longer video...looks badass :worship:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » Jul 21st, '14, 10:53

What album to start with?
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Jul 21st, '14, 11:59

Jason M. wrote:What album to start with?

Self titled and work your way up :y:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Jul 21st, '14, 14:09

Aone10 wrote:
Shpongle wrote:
Jason M. wrote:What album to start with?

Self titled and work your way up :y:

I think Jason M should start with Vol.3, I've seen his musical tastes on this site quite a few times.

Comparing the selftitled album and Vol.3 is like comparing Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory to Minutes to Midnight, for example.

lol i got ya, Vol.3 is probably the most "accessible" of them all..i started with the self titled, i always liked to see the artists "evolution" from the first to the last album, and nothing beats the raw sound of the first album

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to General Music