The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Slipknot/Stone Sour thread (News, Discussion, etc.)

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: Slipknot/Stone Sour thread (News, Discussion, etc.)

Postby Shpongle » Aug 27th, '14, 09:49

Miller wrote:On Twitter Corey said that there will be plenty more stops in 2015.

Waiting for some European dates :D
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tranquil » Aug 29th, '14, 10:03

What do you guys think of the two Slipknot songs that they recently released?
Straight jacket with a hundred eight brackets, and a strap that wraps twice around my back, then they latch it!
(Formally EminemIsLegend)
Tranquil
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Shpongle » Aug 29th, '14, 10:35

Tranquil wrote:What do you guys think of the two Slipknot songs that they recently released?

Love them both, can't wait for the rest of the album :y: You're a Slipknot a fan also?
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Sep 8th, '14, 10:27

"A glimpse at what appears to be frontman Corey Taylor‘s new mask is available in the below new trailer for the groups ‘Prepare For Hell Tour‘ with Korn and King 810."

From what i can see it looks similar to the mask from the "Vol.3" era, looks dope :y:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Dirrt » Sep 9th, '14, 21:35

Corey's vocal at the end of that video doe :wub:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?
Dirrt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shpongle » Sep 11th, '14, 11:30

New Slipknot Bassist & Drummer Won’t Get Their Own Individual Masks

While the identity of Slipknot‘s new bassist and drummer remains under wraps, band frontman Corey Taylor has revealed that both will be wearing a similar mask. Taylor told Full Metal Jackie:

“We wanted to make something that still looked unified but still stayed with the spirit of what the band is all about. Instead of trying to find something that was individualistic, we designed — well, Clown designed a mask that the drummer and the bass player will both wear. On one hand they get a mask but at the same time, it’s not the individual mask that we in the band use.

We knew that any attempt to do anything like that might be taken as disrespectful, but at the same time it’s part of the way of moving, getting past the hardest steps, which is just moving on. So, we decided that we would come up with a mask that works for both the bassist and the drummer and that’s what they’ll wear on stage.”

Speaking on whether or not making the bands new album “.5: The Gray Chapter” was an uncomfortable experience given the passing of bassist Paul Gray and departure of drummer Joey Jordison, Taylor replied:

“I don’t know if it was uncomfortable, but the big difference was that it was the first album that we were doing without Paul, without Joe, and you know when you find yourself in a situation like that you either fall back on your heels or you rise to the occasion and you ask yourself how can we kind of fill in those blanks and still make the kind of music we want to listen to?

So I think that the biggest thing for us was to just fill in some really big shoes. Luckily we really rose to the occasion and really kind of went above and beyond as far as musically. I’m loving this new album. I mean just as not only as a person who’s in Slipknot but just as a fan of music like this. I really love what we’ve done on this album.”

http://www.theprp.com/2014/09/10/news/new-slipknot-bassist-drummer-wont-get-their-own-individual-masks/

I agree with this, i mean no one will ever replace Joe and Paul, they will always be a part of this band :y:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Sep 12th, '14, 16:28

The Devil In I music video is out

Fucking great video :worship: alot darker then i was expecting, i'm diggin it...Coreys new mask is dope :y:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sid Vicious is Dead » Sep 17th, '14, 09:10

I'm looking forward to the new album. I hope it's better than that Slipsour/Stoneknot album All Hope is Gone, because that was kinda... I don't wanna say boring, but it certainly seemed like they were kinda bored making it, or at least not into it. From the little bit I've heard [I'm not really into checking out songs before the full album is released], it seems better, which is good. The masks are better in comparison to AHIG, especially Corey's mask, which looked more like a condom made out of Michael Myers' Shatner mask. As usual, Chris and Craig's are pretty much the same as it's always been, which is pretty boring. That said, Mick's is still the Dr. Doom looking thing it's pretty much always been, and I still think that's cool so perhaps I'm just being a bit harsh on Craig. Also, Jim's looks the same as AHIG, but with the chin area ripped out to reveal a wicked beard, which is cool as hell. I like how even though the new bassist/drummer don't get individual masks, they are able to do it differently, which is cool. I was not a fan of Clown's mask on the s/t album, but with each new album, it's gotten more and more sinister and less comical, and the one he has for this album is probably the best of the current masks. Anyways, can't wait for the new album.
Sid Vicious is Dead
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Shpongle » Sep 22nd, '14, 10:27

Slipknot Offer Up Close And Personal Look At New Masks

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Dirrt » Oct 1st, '14, 21:23

I loved All Hope Is Gone because it was different from their other albums and not in your face metal
But I'm a sucker for Corey Taylor vocals :wub:
I think I loved it because it's a girlier album
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?
Dirrt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shpongle » Oct 2nd, '14, 09:48

Dirrt wrote:I loved All Hope Is Gone because it was different from their other albums and not in your face metal
But I'm a sucker for Corey Taylor vocals :wub:
I think I loved it because it's a girlier album

Women and Coreys vocals :D but i agree i dig his vocals too...from the two songs already released i think this new album will be better than All Hope Is Gone

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Oct 7th, '14, 13:20

^lol that is fucking crazy

Stone Sour Recording New Covers Album

"Stone Sour have revealed that recording sessions for a new covers album are underway. The group shared the following two shots from the release, while more details on what will be tracked are expected in the weeks to come. Recent tours have of course seen the band cover the likes of Judas Priest, Metallica, Kiss and more."

http://www.theprp.com/2014/10/06/news/stone-sour-recording-new-covers-album/

Looking forward to this :y:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MaxPez » Oct 10th, '14, 23:44

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:I've heard the album once, and replayed around half of it. I don't really know how I feel about it, tbh. It does feel a little underwhelming, but that's my fault since it became one of my most anticipated albums after hearing The Negative One, which turned out to be one of the best tracks imo. I don't think anyone actually thought it'd be better than Iowa, but I guess I just wanted something like People = Shit.

So far, it seems like a 7-8/10.

I'll definitely be listening to it more. Hopefully it'll grow on me. :y:

I'm a Slipknot fan (hence my current av) and the album isn't bad at all, but left me disappointed for the same reason you just said, but it makes you wonder: Is it our fault for expecting more soon-to-be classic Slipknot tracks like 'People = Shit' after hearing 'The Negative One', or is it Slipknot's fault for releasing a final product that wasn't too similar to the teasers they provided us?

The album is like a cheese pizza with one or two really good pieces that have canadian bacon, pepperoni, sausage, etc. The pizza's good, naturally, but it kinda makes you think the cheese pizza is shitty in comparison to those two God-tier pieces.

(Like my analogy? I'm hungry as shit right now)
MaxPez
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Jason M. » Oct 11th, '14, 09:40

Is there a legit 320? All these seem to be transcoded.

I didn't buy $200 headphones for shit, I'll wait 'til I can get this in some quality.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Oct 13th, '14, 10:14

Didn't listen to it yet, was waiting for the Special Edition 320kbps...but the album is getting good reviews, can't wait to give this a spin :y:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to General Music