The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Slipknot/Stone Sour thread (News, Discussion, etc.)

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: Slipknot/Stone Sour thread (News, Discussion, etc.)

Postby Shpongle » Dec 16th, '13, 11:08

Miller wrote:This is the 2nd worse music news in my entire life. (The first being The Rev dying)
I bet it has something to do with Corey. Joey wrote fucking tons of songs and Corey was off doing his own shit and acted like Slipknot didnt matter. Joey probably got pissed I guess. Or I could be totally wrong.

I don't think so, everyone has their own side project everyone is doing their thing...i don't think it's because of Corey.
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/slipk ... departure/
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Dec 17th, '13, 01:35

I hope they can find a new drummer.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Dec 17th, '13, 11:00

Dave Lombardo is a beast :worship: they're alot of good drummers out there, but it's hard to find one for Slipknot, Joey was the man though...but Roy would also be a good choice or Joe Nunez former Soulfly drummer :8)
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Dec 17th, '13, 16:13

Dave Lombardo would be the only replacement I would be comfortable with.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Shpongle » Dec 30th, '13, 11:51

Well at least they're not going to end, but still nothing about Joeys departure

"Corey Taylor has rushed to dismantle any notions that Joey Jordison‘s Slipknot departure means the end of the Iowan icons.

“For those who think The Knot are falling apart, you are greatly and sadly mistaken,” he tweets. “Bring On 2014. Great Things Are Coming. Stay Tuned…”

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Dec 30th, '13, 14:38

Aone10 wrote:It's funny, Corey seems more dedicated to Slipknot today than he has in recent years.

True that, the most since Paul died..maybe there was some bad blood between them, who knows...

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Dec 30th, '13, 14:54

Aone10 wrote:Corey has always had issues with some members on and off, but I don't think Paul was one of them. It always seemed like it was between he, Shawn, and Joey (they've always been the core writers for the band, so the creative clashes are understandable). Paul was chill.

I was saying between Joey and Corey not Corey with Paul..i didn't make myself clear :8) Corey and Paul were like brothers

Check this out

Not an official audition, but this dude nailed it :worship:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Jan 3rd, '14, 11:20

Miller wrote:From Joey's Facebook:
To my fans, friends, and associates...

I would like to start the New Year by addressing the recent rumors and speculation regarding my departure from Slipknot. I want to make it very clear that I DID NOT QUIT SLIPKNOT. This band has been my life for the last 18 years, and I would never abandon it, or my fans. This news has shocked and blindsided me as much as it has all of you. While there is much I would like to say, I must remain silent to further details at this time. I would like to thank you all for your unwavering love and support, and wish everyone a very happy and healthy New Year.

-Joey

Cannot fucking believe they kicked him out. If their new album isnt amazing Imma cut a nigga.

Damnit you beat me to it :D
I'm really confused by all this :confusion: and if he didn't quit Slipknot then why the hell did it take him so long to say this?! Doesn't make sense..

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Jan 3rd, '14, 16:35

Aone10 wrote:My... mind.... can't.... fucking take this. What the fuck is going on?

It's all a lie, is just so people get hyped about the new album :D

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Jan 3rd, '14, 21:27

So that implies he was pretty much kicked out...what the fucking fuck.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Shpongle » Jan 10th, '14, 13:15

Jim Root posted a new photo from the studio

At least they're still working on the new album, but still no words about Joey :confusion:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Jan 10th, '14, 20:48

FL Studio fam.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mdemaz » Jan 13th, '14, 04:04

sigh

i guess we gotta make like a deck of cards and deal with it
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Jan 27th, '14, 11:37

Another update by Corey

“Me and Jim have been writing a lot of stuff, and it’s really starting to kind of shape up, really,” Blabbermouth reports the frontman as confirming. “I mean, we’ve got a nice chunk, and now we just kind of need to, you know, shape everything to that Slipknot point of view, that Slipknot way, that Slipknot sound. There’s an excitement that we haven’t felt in a while.”

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Jan 27th, '14, 18:03

New Corey interview and some new updates on the new album and Joey:

"And Honestly, it depends on who we get [as Joey's replacement],” Corey tells Rock Revolt Magazine. “It all comes to someone who can play the old stuff, but also brings a certain creativity to it. In lieu of what we’ve done, we need to focus on that, and make that the focus right now, instead of worrying about what’s gonna happen later.’

As to whether the ‘Knot have a new drummer lined up, Corey muses, “A few people. As soon as we know, the fans will know. And that’s how we’re keeping it. We’re keeping everything really close to the chest right now. I mean, it’s out of respect for Joe, and for us. And there’s just a host of legal things that we still need to sort out.

“I know there’s this myth out there that Joey wrote everything, but that’s not at all true,” he adds. “We all write, and we all bring something to the table. And between me and Jim [Root, guitar] and Mick [Thomson, guitar] and Clown [Shawn Crahan, percussion] and everybody [else], I think we’re gonna be able to put something really, really cool together. The dynamic will change a little bit, but as far as our approach to the music and our intensity and how much we love doing what we do, that will remain unchanged, and we’re gonna go for it just 110 percent"

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to General Music