The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Major Props To Beyonce -- Wow

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Major Props To Beyonce -- Wow

Postby VINTAGƎ » Dec 14th, '13, 12:57

Let me start off by saying I'm not big on Beyonce's music. I may like a single here or there on the radio, but certainly not enough to go out and buy me a full Beyonce album.

The fact remains though -- for all this talk her husband did about "the new rules," her album drop was the real game changer.

I mean -- to have as many people involved in the project as she did. As famous as she is. To have all these music videos to accompany the songs. And to drop it in the middle of the night without anybody knowing about it is fucking...wow.

I don't even know what that is.

Major, major props to her. This has the ability to completely shake up the industry.

She released it digitally, and in secrecy, completely avoiding leakage. I mean...how the fuck...

What a beast moment in music. I have to give respect where it's due.

Just imagine how hard the internet would have exploded if Eminem dropped an album in the middle of the night. An album fucking named Marshall Mathers LP 2 of all things. The internet would have died.

I wonder if Em will take a similar approach at some point going forward.

You don't lose any sales from leaks, you don't spend money shipping out physical copies, you don't spend money promoting. You just drop an album and count on your star power to get you through.

I can't hate on that move even if I wanted to. I wonder what this will do to music going forward.
VINTAGƎ
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Major Props To Beyonce -- Wow

Postby xYnDart » Dec 14th, '13, 15:10

I don't see it impacting music that much, Not any artist can do a move such as this, Only artists that are known world-wide such as Em or Beyonce.
"There's darkness closing in, here it comes again
It controls my pen, that ain't me, it's my evil twin
(I step out and see my evil twin, he gives me an evil grin)
He's just a friend who pops up now and again
So don't blame me, blame him, my evil twin
(I step out and see my evil twin, he gives me an evil grin)"

-Evil Twin
xYnDart
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby VINTAGƎ » Dec 14th, '13, 21:27

xYnDart wrote:I don't see it impacting music that much, Not any artist can do a move such as this, Only artists that are known world-wide such as Em or Beyonce.

True, but it's still a really sick way to go about dropping an album. I see no downside to it, even if it can only work for established artists.
VINTAGƎ
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Solace » Dec 15th, '13, 02:42

I don't give a fuck about Beyonce but http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... ce=twitter

wowowow
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby mezee » Dec 15th, '13, 06:26

beyonce's so unoriginal. the other members of destiny's child release albums nobody knows about all the time.

for reals though, she's amazing
mezee
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby VINTAGƎ » Dec 15th, '13, 06:45

It's such a bold move. Even if this was a massive marketing ploy to further her brand, to further lament this image of her of this perfect woman who loves her music and her fans more than anything else -- it worked.

Like, I truly believe Em doesn't care about record sales at this point in his career and legit just wants to put out music. Doing something like that would do the same for his brand. He'd gain so much respect from the hop hop community for just putting his shit out there.

I wonder how Beyonce's label felt about that move. The whole thing is just incredible.

Again, just imagine us back in the summer, wondering where the fuck Em was, when an album was gonna come out, was he even gonna work on one, etc. And then one Friday the 13th night, at midnight, he drops an album titled MMLP 2 with a video accompanying every song on the album. Meaning Rap God, Berzerk, etc. All of that shit we hear all at once and have the video for every song. Not having to wait for a single to come out or a music video to come out -- just the whole thing all at once. Wouldn't that shut the internet down for at least a week? Rap God alone was the topic of musical conversation for like 2 weeks. Some shit like that would have been an epic career move.

I know he doesn't really think outside of the box that much when it comes to image branding and marketing but fuck man. That would have been so epic.

The internet would have died.
VINTAGƎ
Soldier
Soldier

Postby RoleModel'Est96 » Dec 15th, '13, 13:15

holy mother of beyonce, the queen did it again
$$~女の子の女の子はその現金を得る。それは、9時から5時か、ボトムを振っている場合。~$$
Image Image ImageImage
perfection is the disease of a nation..it's the soul that needs the surgery
RoleModel'Est96
Soldier