The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Metallica Thread(News, album anticipation, discussions..)

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Metallica Thread(News, album anticipation, discussions..)

Postby Shpongle » Mar 17th, '14, 16:34

Don't know if they're any Metallica fans in here but since they're working on a new album and a new song has surfaced i decided to create this thread...

New song played live yesterday in Colombia, "Lords of Summer":

Probably not the final version of the song, but it's sounding fuckin great :rock:
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Metallica Thread(News, album anticipation, discussions..

Postby Spyder » Mar 17th, '14, 19:00

Eh they've been down hill for a while. Death Magnetic was decent but nothing like their old stuff.
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Shpongle » Mar 18th, '14, 10:49

Miller wrote:Not a big Metallica fan but I will check any new stuff by them. Song sounds good but I wont judge until studio version drops.

It does sound good, but i don't think it's the final version yet

Spyder wrote:Eh they've been down hill for a while. Death Magnetic was decent but nothing like their old stuff.

It's not the 80s anymore :p Death Magnetic was a pretty good record for what it was, but i'm sure this next record is going to top that for sure :8)
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Mar 20th, '14, 12:15

Love them. The Unforgiven II and Nothing Else Matters are 2 of my favorite songs ever.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Shpongle » Mar 20th, '14, 13:48

Guess_Who wrote:Love them. The Unforgiven II and Nothing Else Matters are 2 of my favorite songs ever.

Cool, i love Metallica also, the first band i was actually a fan of, saw them live first time back in 99, was 14 years old, my first concert ever :D

Metallica released this song with better quality(Garage Demo Version) is sounding really good, can't wait for this..

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DetroitSkills » Mar 22nd, '14, 12:03

damn, :coffee:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Kill You » Mar 25th, '14, 03:43

Aone10 wrote:
Spyder wrote:Eh they've been down hill for a while. Death Magnetic was decent but nothing like their old stuff.

Down hill?

Death Magnetic was their best album since their self-titled release in 91 if you ask me. :coffee:

I'm looking forward to this. :y:

Really, it is...you have to take off your nostalgia glasses to hear how much better their actual music got.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Guess_Who » Mar 25th, '14, 12:02

Shpongle wrote:
Guess_Who wrote:Love them. The Unforgiven II and Nothing Else Matters are 2 of my favorite songs ever.

Cool, i love Metallica also, the first band i was actually a fan of, saw them live first time back in 99, was 14 years old, my first concert ever :D

Metallica released this song with better quality(Garage Demo Version) is sounding really good, can't wait for this..

Your first concert was Metallica??? That's amazing. I wasn't that lucky with my first one.

James Hetfield voice is great alive, still today at the age he is at. Axl Rose for example can't sing like he used to anymore, James still didn't lose It.

I was listenig The memory remains lately. Another great one.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Shpongle » Mar 25th, '14, 12:15

Aone10 wrote:Down hill?

Death Magnetic was their best album since their self-titled release in 91 if you ask me. :coffee:

I'm looking forward to this. :y:

Word, welcome back homie :y:

Guess_Who wrote:Your first concert was Metallica??? That's amazing. I wasn't that lucky with my first one.

James Hetfield voice is great alive, still today at the age he is at. Axl Rose for example can't sing like he used to anymore, James still didn't lose It.

I was listenig The memory remains lately. Another great one.

Yes it was :p James is getting his voice back for sure, he sounds great these days :worship:
Memory Remains is a great track, Load/Reload are way underrated

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Mar 26th, '14, 10:56

Metallica have released their contribution to the imminent Ronnie James Dio tribute album, This Is Your Life.

"The song, a mash-up of Dio favourites A Light in the Black, Tarot Woman, Stargazer and Kill The King titled Ronnie Rising Medley.
The album will raise funds for the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund (diocancerfund.org) and was organised and produced by his wife, Wendy."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/metallica-talk-effortless-dio-tribute-hear-it-here-first-20140324

Pretty cool :y:, and for a great cause....James voice though, gotta love that dude :D

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby kasia » Mar 26th, '14, 14:41

My dad showed me Metallica and LZ. Thanks dad. :worship: But I'm more LZ fan tbh.

This darkness comes in me (Evil twin)
And comes again
That ain't me
He's just a friend who pops up now and again
So don't blame me, blame him
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Apr 2nd, '14, 14:29

Little update:

"Lars Ulrich: Metallica Will Be “Hopefully” Done Writing This Year"

"Lars Ulrich has once again reaffirmed Metallica‘s dedication to getting that new album underway, but it still looks like it might be a way off yet.

“We’ve started writing songs and preparing for the next record, so that’s very exciting,” he tells TN. “We’re down here among all of you beautiful people and playing [the] ‘By Request’ [setlist] and going to new places. We were in Quito two days ago, where we’d never been [before].

“We’re playing a new song on stage, which people seem to be very receptive to. We’re writing away. Hopefully, we will be done writing this year and next year we should record and hopefully have a new record out maybe next year. We’ll see. Hopefully next year."

Can't wait :flutter: is still April maybe we're lucky and get the album this year..

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Return to General Music