The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

OFFICIAL trMetal Discussion

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: OFFICIAL trMetal Discussion

Postby Guess_Who » Aug 12th, '14, 10:41

There are a lot of great viking metal bands. I listen to them a lot , if someone is interested, check this list for example :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Viking_metal_bands

And this one is really a freak song, and it was in Eurovision, but I love it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAh9NRGNhUU

For the rest I can add little, I love Metallica, Black Sabbath, Slayer, Motorhead, Rammstein, Korn, Scorpions....
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby mdemaz » Aug 12th, '14, 12:11

Trivium are one of those bands that you have to love. They are what people love about old school metal mixed with a fresh sound. They started out pretty boring, but they got their shit together pretty quickly. The Crusade is probably their best album, in my humble opinion.

As for Beyond Magnetic, it's alright.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Aug 12th, '14, 14:10

Guess_Who wrote:There are a lot of great viking metal bands. I listen to them a lot , if someone is interested, check this list for example :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Viking_metal_bands

And this one is really a freak song, and it was in Eurovision, but I love it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAh9NRGNhUU

For the rest I can add little, I love Metallica, Black Sabbath, Slayer, Motorhead, Rammstein, Korn, Scorpions....

Nice to have other Rammstein fans in here :rock:
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Aug 12th, '14, 15:26

When they shook off their kind of gimmicky metalcore style, for the most part, they started to get taken seriously by everyone. I think around the time they were recording The Crusade is when they decided to change their style a bit for the time being. The screaming just didn't fit to me, but their older music does have it's moments. I liked that Ashes instrumental from Ember to Inferno. They are really flawless musicians. I guess because at the time metalcore was selling, so they stuck it out for a bit. I'm guessing the singing from Bullet for my Valentine's vocalists rubbed off on Trivium's vocalist at the time they recorded The Crusade, which is why they sound sort of similar.

Shogun is a more gritty record.
Last edited by mdemaz on Aug 12th, '14, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Aug 12th, '14, 16:09

You guys like Rammstein?
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Aug 12th, '14, 16:14

Oh, yeah, I guess.

This was weird, though:

ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Aug 12th, '14, 16:26

^That song is fucking great though, they have the craziest videos...and they're one of the best live bands, they put on some great shows :worship:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » Aug 12th, '14, 17:56

mdemaz wrote:Oh, yeah, I guess.

This was weird, though:

The story behind this song. :wub:

The song is inspired by the case of Armin Meiwes and Bernd Jürgen Armando Brandes. In March 2001, in Rotenburg an der Fulda, the two men aged in their 40s met each other, cut off and cooked Brandes' penis and consumed it together. Afterwards, Meiwes killed Brandes — with Brandes' permission — and ate his remains. As a result, Meiwes was sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in jail for manslaughter, but was later charged with murder and sentenced to life imprisonment.

A prominent phrase in the song is "... denn du bist, was du isst, und ihr wisst, was es ist" ("Because you are what you eat, and you (pl.) know what it is").
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 13th, '14, 09:58

^I like that song also, Dimebag was a great guitar player :worship:

Looks like we might get a new Coal Chamber album this year :D

Coal Chamber Sign With Napalm Records, New Album In The Works

Coal Chamber have announced their return to active duty, having signed a new deal with Napalm Records. Bassist Nadja Peulen will be back in the fold for the effort and touring cycle, joining the other three original members. Frontman Dez Fafara said of their decision to return once again:

“How many times do you get a second chance at anything in life? We toured the world, it was insane and crowds came out in force and we had a blast! For this I’m so appreciative! Now….. It’s time to release a NEW COAL CHAMBER RECORD! The Vibe between us all is positive AND we’ve assembled a killer team around us!

Now with Napalm Records on board get ready for a heavy, explosion from Coal Chamber! We’ve evolved and so has the music, from the demo music I’ve heard you’re gonna sink your TEETH into this! Stay tuned!”

http://www.theprp.com/2014/08/12/news/coal-chamber-sign-with-napalm-records-new-album-in-the-works/

:rock: Looks like this might end up being a good year for metal fans :y:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Aug 13th, '14, 10:17

That new Slayer record is coming out on Nuclear Blast, which I think is awesome. I might as well check out that new Coal Chamber project. I need that new Exodus shit as well.
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Aug 13th, '14, 10:59

mdemaz wrote:That new Slayer record is coming out on Nuclear Blast, which I think is awesome. I might as well check out that new Coal Chamber project. I need that new Exodus shit as well.

I wonder how this new Slayer album is going to turn out, Hanneman passed, Lombardo left(again)...

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Aug 13th, '14, 15:14

It'll be fine.

Implode sounds promising.
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Aug 14th, '14, 11:28

Aone10 wrote:Stone Sour - House of Gold & Bones pt. 2

I liked pt.1 better though, but they're both great albums, my favourite from Stone Sour :y:

Machine Head Unveil New Album “Bloodstone & Diamonds”

Tracklist:
01 – “Now We Die“
02 – “Killers & Kings“
03 – “Ghosts Will Haunt My Bones“
04 – “Night Of Long Knives“
05 – “Sail Into The Black“
06 – “Eyes Of The Dead“
07 – “Beneath The Silt“
08 – “In Comes The Flood“
09 – “Damage Inside“
10 – “Game Over“
11 – “Imaginal Cells” (instrumental)
12 – “Take Me Through The Fire“

http://www.theprp.com/2014/08/13/news/machine-head-unveil-new-album-bloodstone-diamonds/

No realease date yet, but i'm sure it will come out this year, another one for my list for sure :rock:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Aug 14th, '14, 12:09

Damn, Machine Head is gonna bless us with a classic, I can feel it.
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Aug 14th, '14, 15:27

Aone10 wrote::worship: Can't fucking wait! Their last 2 albums have both been damn near perfect. The Blackening and Unto the Locust would make my list for top 20 best metal albums of the last 10 years.

I'm contemplating driving up 4 hours to Orlando to watch them in October. :flutter:

Word, The Blackening is one of my favourite metal records off all time for sure :worship:
Do it bro, i saw them live twice, they're fucking great, Robb Flynn is a beast on stage, very charismatic frontman, always interacting with the crowd, it's awesome :y:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to General Music