The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Linkin Park vs Limp Bizkit

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

LP or LB

Linkin Park
57%
Limp Bizkit
19%
Both suck AAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
24%

Total votes : 21

Re: Linkin Park vs Limp Bizkit

Postby Mr Change » Aug 9th, '14, 04:04

What I said proves to be correct. Three members think ATS is one of the best LP albums and two members think it is the worst. :8)
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Jason M. » Aug 9th, '14, 15:19

Jaba wrote:Nah I agree. ATS sucked. Too little Chester. BUT I will say I prefer their either heavy stuff. But I also like their softer stuff when done right. IMO ATS just sucked all together and was NOT LP, it was like (how ppl on TR say) Eminem's Recovery Album .I will say Hybrid Theory had the best mix of rock and rap. Classic!

Don't you think 'too little Chester' is a nice contrast to Minutes to Midnight, almost an all-Chester album? ATS was as Linkin Park as Linkin Park gets. 'Hybrid Theory' does not mean mixing rock and rap. It means clashing opposites. Doing a screamo track over 80's pop synths (Blackout), bringing an almost dancehall drop to a synthy track (Robot Boy), singing a song in Japanese (Jornada del Muerto), making a pop song over a distorted guitar riff (Waiting for the End)... Eminem's Recovery was a succesful stab at making a pop rap record which will sell a shitload, while making a few tracks to satisfy the most loyal fans. A Thousand Suns was a conscious bad commercial move. At the time it was released, pop rock was still on the radio (it's ridiculous how quick this changed, though), and bands like Green Day, The Killers, Fall Out Boy could still get nice success. Another Minutes to Midnight was the perfect move to make, but the band decided to do the polar opposite of what other bands from their time were doing. Pull out an electronic album composed like a rock opera. And that's worth admiring. Just not thinking 'this is Linkin Park' while listening to ATS could make it better for all you Hybrid Theory/Meteora fans.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Change » Aug 9th, '14, 18:54

Jason M. wrote:
Jaba wrote:Nah I agree. ATS sucked. Too little Chester. BUT I will say I prefer their either heavy stuff. But I also like their softer stuff when done right. IMO ATS just sucked all together and was NOT LP, it was like (how ppl on TR say) Eminem's Recovery Album .I will say Hybrid Theory had the best mix of rock and rap. Classic!

Don't you think 'too little Chester' is a nice contrast to Minutes to Midnight, almost an all-Chester album? ATS was as Linkin Park as Linkin Park gets. 'Hybrid Theory' does not mean mixing rock and rap. It means clashing opposites. Doing a screamo track over 80's pop synths (Blackout), bringing an almost dancehall drop to a synthy track (Robot Boy), singing a song in Japanese (Jornada del Muerto), making a pop song over a distorted guitar riff (Waiting for the End)... Eminem's Recovery was a succesful stab at making a pop rap record which will sell a shitload, while making a few tracks to satisfy the most loyal fans. A Thousand Suns was a conscious bad commercial move. At the time it was released, pop rock was still on the radio (it's ridiculous how quick this changed, though), and bands like Green Day, The Killers, Fall Out Boy could still get nice success. Another Minutes to Midnight was the perfect move to make, but the band decided to do the polar opposite of what other bands from their time were doing. Pull out an electronic album composed like a rock opera. And that's worth admiring. Just not thinking 'this is Linkin Park' while listening to ATS could make it better for all you Hybrid Theory/Meteora fans.

Again, I agree. During an album cycle, almost all bands will at somepoint say "Just wait until you hear this record, it's the most experimental, crazy thing we've ever did!" or something to that effect. And most of the time, it's not really true. Heck, even Linkin Park themselves have said this more than a handful of times where we now know it was just to build hype.

But on ATS this is no exaggeration. The band said it was going to be the most 'out there' album they've ever made. They told us it wasn't going to be anything like they'd previously made, and they delivered in the grandest way, which pretty much split their fans down the middle more than any diversion they'd ever took (Minutes to Midnight) or have ever taken (Living Things, The Hunting Party).

It's just a very smart, thought out, quality album. Probably my favorite next to Hybrid Theory.
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mr Change » Aug 11th, '14, 01:00

Aone10 wrote:I just can't stand the experimental electronic rock sound they started using..... it fucking sucks imo.

I can see why you wouldn't be too fond of where the band went, then.

But if you haven't already you should check out their newest album, the band went back to non-electric straight up rock instruments that may be more down your ally.

Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Jason M. » Aug 11th, '14, 11:56

Aone10 wrote:I just can't stand the experimental electronic rock sound they started using..... it fucking sucks imo.

The Hunting Party. It's a thing. It's fucking great.

Really, though, experimental electronic rock is only on one album.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Change » Aug 11th, '14, 15:43

Aone10 wrote:
Mr Change wrote:

I can see why you wouldn't be too fond of where the band went, then.

But if you haven't already you should check out their newest album, the band went back to non-electric straight up rock instruments that may be more down your ally.

I'll try giving it another spin and see how I feel about it. I definitely liked it better than anything post-Meteora, but it didn't hold my attention for too long on my initial listen.

#teamStoneCold haha :smoking:

And that's the bottom line :beerchug:

Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby walend » Oct 22nd, '14, 15:25

linkin park is still standing even after a few bad albums and euhm where's limp bizkit now?
Glenfiddich Single Malt Whisky
Eminem
Nirvana
VW Golf GTI
Painting & Paint
^^^^^^ Basically my intrests
walend
Renegade
Renegade

Postby DƎRDYPK » Oct 22nd, '14, 15:31

walend wrote:linkin park is still standing even after a few bad albums and euhm where's limp bizkit now?

Preparing to make the AOTY tbh
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby walend » Oct 22nd, '14, 16:32

DƎRDYPK wrote:
walend wrote:linkin park is still standing even after a few bad albums and euhm where's limp bizkit now?

Preparing to make the AOTY tbh

yhea, i didn't know, i was a limp bizkit fan around the years 1999- 2000 but i like linkin park better,

Limp bizkit's music is pretty good, but i just don't like fred dursts voice, and chester bennington has an amazing voice
Eminem
Nirvana
VW Golf GTI
Painting & Paint
walend
Renegade
Renegade

Postby mdemaz » Oct 23rd, '14, 23:42

This would be like comparing apples and oranges in 2000.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby lp_eminem_fan » Nov 3rd, '14, 18:02

Aone10 wrote:
walend wrote:Limp bizkit's music is pretty good, but i just don't like fred dursts voice, and chester bennington has an amazing voice

Fred Durst is what makes Limp Bizkit awesome imo. The hate for him is one of the biggest exaggerations in music tbh.

I'm actually not too big on Chester Bennington, I feel like he's the worst thing about Linkin Park.

What?! :confusion: How's chester the worst thing in LP?
Eminem. Mike Shinoda. Linkin Park
I FUCKING WANT AN EMINEM AND MIKE SHINODA COLLAB
lp_eminem_fan
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Kill You » Nov 26th, '14, 20:45

The Hunting Party is really good.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Jason M. » Nov 27th, '14, 15:53

Like, holy shit good.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby walend » Nov 27th, '14, 17:18

Jason M. wrote:Like, holy shit good.

not like holy shit good ... but still pretty damn good
Eminem
Nirvana
VW Golf GTI
Painting & Paint
walend
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Mr Change » Nov 28th, '14, 07:10

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:
walend wrote:
Jason M. wrote:Like, holy shit good.

not like holy shit good ... but still pretty damn good

Yeah, this.

All For Nothing, Wastelands and Until It's Gone are all pretty bad. Drawbar and The Summoning are filler. Most of Mike's lyrics were abysmal (KTTK :facepalm2). But overall they had some pretty good ideas with the music.

I don't see what is so 'abysmal' about his rapping verse on KTTK?

He's referencing the people who keep wanting them to go back to their old sound...

hmmm...

Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to General Music