The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

YOUR Favorite 10 Albums of All-Time (In Order)

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: YOUR Favorite 10 Albums of All-Time (In Order)

Postby CrashBand » Oct 16th, '14, 05:13

Ku53v wrote:Pink floyd, neutral milk hotel AND radiohead?

Most likely not your real top ten but that surely will make you look cool

oh my

u sound like the idiots in the eminem section
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Ku53v » Oct 16th, '14, 05:31

and you sound like lello at his worst :facepalm2
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Oct 16th, '14, 05:58

Does that mean liking things because they are well-regarded?

This anti-indie sentiment from people like you is so banal. Where does the buck stop? When something is poorly received or when something's well received by critics and idiots alike?

And Pink Floyd would be the closest to a ubiquitous pick for top albums anyway, not just critics.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Ku53v » Oct 16th, '14, 06:24

CrashBand wrote:Does that mean liking things because they are well-regarded?

yes, man even ignoring the fact that you are always trying to look cool and fit in at all costs that list just screams "look how good and varied my music taste is". Ridiculous mate.
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Oct 16th, '14, 07:57

Ku53v wrote:
CrashBand wrote:Does that mean liking things because they are well-regarded?

yes, man even ignoring the fact that you are always trying to look cool and fit in at all costs that list just screams "look how good and varied my music taste is". Ridiculous mate.

you've set up a universe where people can't like well-regarded music for the right reasons. there must be an alternative motive, he can't actually like radiohead.

lello was different as his intentions were transparent. he'd listen to an album once then list rapper X in his top 10.

and where do i try and fit in? because me and class have similar taste in music? that's the only thing i think u can potentially be conflating.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Jason M. » Oct 16th, '14, 15:33

LMAO.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Oct 16th, '14, 19:28

crash band how dare you make up your top 10 to try and look cool by putting in @peace, a new zealand hip-hop group literally no one else gives a shit about
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby CrashBand » Oct 16th, '14, 22:47

well i'm fully aware of the notion that knowing an album is good before the fact is potentially going to influence you to be more inclined to like it - for everyone. and you would get a better reflection of everyone's true attitudes if everyone listened to things blindly.

but just lol, do u think i've rarely listened to the albums or something?
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby dead prez » Oct 16th, '14, 22:53

Everyone knows the complete opposite of canon follower (i.e. Beatles/Rolling Stones/ TVU/ Talking Heads/ Radiohead/etc.) is an avant-teen, ergo, those that go out of their way to make their taste look unique by listening to little known albums (some minimalist violin album from kazakhstan in the 1920s) no one else gives a shit about or praising critically crapped on albums and I find that 100 times more artifical and cringe-worthy. Basically it's a catch-22 either way, which is why we should just dismantle canons or something.

And yeah, you have to be retarded to deny that most of us wouldn't check out these albums in the first place if they weren't so ubiquitious with the indie blogoshpere sites or praised by everyone and their grandmothers (literally) but acting like someone couldn't legit grow to like those albums for whatever reason is equally retarded.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby CrashBand » Oct 17th, '14, 00:34

yea it kinda reminds me of eminem fans thinking we don't like him because it's cool to h8 him or because *insert rap blog* doesn't rate him these days.

so like, i look at it two ways. u can either take the stance that (radiohead/pink floyd) are not good (or at least overrated), which is obviously a pretty ambitious stance.

or u can assume they are fucking gr8 (for sake of argument), but people don't actually like them on their own accord, because they're too dumb or had already made up their mind or something (which definitely happens for sure) but you kind of need a 'sign' of some sort to justify thinking someone doesn't actually like it (or likes it for the wrong reasons), like if u knew they were an idiot, or they were never able to substantiate what is good about a film or album properly, or if the person, for example, h8d hip hop (after given it a big chance) but still rated illmatic a 5, or like lello who listened to 3 and a half verses of an artist and put them in his top 10.

ku3v would probably argue that i've given him signs by trying to fit in elsewhere. (and zephos [dead prez sorry for name dropping] would argue that in rainbows is a sign, lol.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby shadyblogger » Oct 17th, '14, 00:38

Aone10 wrote:Eh.... I have somewhat of a solid top 10 that changes from time to time.

1.Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
2.The Beatles - Abbey Road
3.Slipknot - Iowa
4.Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
5.Eminem - The Slim Shady LP
6.Nirvana - Nevermind
7.Metallica - Metallica
8.Eminem - The Eminem Show
9.The Beatles - The Beatles
10.Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

I love so many damn albums though, there is definitely another 10 that can make that list tbh

Your 2 favorite Beatles albums are the same as mine :D
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby dead prez » Oct 17th, '14, 01:14

CrashBand wrote:yea it kinda reminds me of eminem fans thinking we don't like him because it's cool to h8 him or because *insert rap blog* doesn't rate him these days.

so like, i look at it two ways. u can either take the stance that (radiohead/pink floyd) are not good (or at least overrated), which is obviously a pretty ambitious stance.

people from 4chan do it all the time and it's really cringeworthy
or u can assume they are fucking gr8 (for sake of argument), but people don't actually like them on their own accord, because they're too dumb or had already made up their mind or something (which definitely happens for sure) but you kind of need a 'sign' of some sort to justify thinking someone doesn't actually like it (or likes it for the wrong reasons), like if u knew they were an idiot, or they were never able to substantiate what is good about a film or album properly, or if the person, for example, h8d hip hop (after given it a big chance) but still rated illmatic a 5, or like lello who listened to 3 and a half verses of an artist and put them in his top 10.

Agreed but canons are double edge sword, on one hand they are great for sifting through shit or if you're not really into music than they can be really helpful. But if you ONLY listened to certified canon albums or praise only albums that gets 9+ on p4k than yeah there' something wrong, it's also creates lazines and armchair experts on the genre and just reinforces opinions which are already there, which is goddamn boring.

Also u r an asshole for that lello jab

(and zephos [dead prez sorry for name dropping] would argue that in rainbows is a sign, lol.

Don't forget ITAOS m8, but he's not an asshole, lol
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby CrashBand » Oct 17th, '14, 01:36

lello's cool af
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Ku53v » Oct 17th, '14, 05:19

classthe_king wrote:crash band how dare you make up your top 10 to try and look cool by putting in @peace, a new zealand hip-hop group literally no one else gives a shit about

That doesn't contradict anything I said, im not saying he only names popular artists

dead prez wrote:acting like someone couldn't legit grow to like those albums for whatever reason is equally retarded.

Yeah, agreed. Im not talking about people in general here, just CrashBand.. I don't believe him thats all
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Oct 17th, '14, 11:13

Aone10 wrote:
CrashBand wrote:pink floyd - wish you were here

my man :y:

that's my favorite Pink Floyd album. Shine on You Crazy Diamond (all of them) is the most brilliant thing they've ever done imo.

That's probably my favourite Floyd album too :y: and i agree SOYCD is a masterpiece :worship:
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to General Music